• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KH2 Novel Translations - Official Thread

We're kind of talking about the novels here, and the supposed hint of Xion in the translation, so it's not really off-topic.

Memory wipe equals cop-out. Mostly because they knew that they wouldn't explain the concept any other way. They know it's bull, and they know it's random. And that's the only possible way to get rid of it because of future complications. Yet they decided to go through with it anyway. Which makes it mediocre. And in turn, makes Nomura mediocre. Then, that makes the story mediocre. Hell, Xion would have been better not being an Organization member, and some girl Roxas met along the way, like HPO, and he somehow gets to hang out with her. That would've been less problematic, and not have every character in KH that met her forgetting her, if they even will. She's important, she was somehow a good ol' buddy to Roxas and Axel, but their memory of her wasn't enough to actually recall anything about her existence unlike what the two boys had together. Even though Days makes it out for everyone to cry in sympathy for her, and care so much, especially Roxas who didn't bother later on. Even though he was getting flashbacks to his time in the Org. I don't mind few plot holes, but it's getting to be overboard. If they do remember her, well, good luck with that one, SE.

Not everybody likes to be force fed something that came out in such LOL manner, and they expect us to take it in as if it wasn't out of nowhere at all. You seemed to think that the novels are the only problem here, when they are not. The novels just presents more of a chance for there to be some basis, at least. It's anything KH related or connected to it. Xion never existed in any game, manga, novel, hell, whatever else there is, and that's what it is. I've seen others say the same thing in DeviantArt, Livejournal. Maybe if Nomura didn't half-ass things, it wouldn't happen. But I don't blame anyone for the displeasure when wanting a story that has something concrete integrated already in the games presented to them. BBS messes with the past too, but at least it was confirmed to be the backstory ever since the original KH2 ended. It doesn't mess with present characters, since none know what happened in the past 10 years sans Xemnas, or Xigbar. Those who witnessed it in the time period [and oh yeah, Xigbar mentioned them right in KH2 too in lines. More hints]. And that's why it isn't a problem there. But in Days, is.

And that's the end of what needs to be said.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I'm leaning more and more to doubting the 'canonity' of the novels, truth be told. Yes, Nomura came and helped them out about a looooot of things, but I personally doubt that beyond basic guidelines about characters and relationships, that he sat down with them and told them "Axel and Roxas were each other's only friends eva".
I mean, for instance, I never saw Roxas fall into Axel's arms during their fight in the games. So the novels adding it in is all fun and games and all, but the contradiction with the true proper canon being the games starts with things as small as this.
Not every last single line in the novels was written and instructed by Nomura. Hence, its canonity value is debatable.

Iono, but saying that just because Nomura worked on parts of the novels makes the entire thing canon is kind of like saying the Lingering Sentiment fight is canon because Nomura put words in his mouth (despite his mouth not being shown) 20 seconds before he went bat-shit crazy on Sora's rear end. And that doesn't happen.

Xion appeared in the games. She may or may not contradict the novels in the long run (seems like she does now). That doesn't mean she's badly written or pulled out of nowhere.
It means the novels lack overall canon-value and thus Nomura allows himself to disregard them.
Which is why I really am amused you brought the manga up to say "Xion didn't appear in it!". Since the manga's the least canon out of everything we have thus far.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I'm leaning more and more to doubting the 'canonity' of the novels, truth be told. Yes, Nomura came and helped them out about a looooot of things, but I personally doubt that beyond basic guidelines about characters and relationships, that he sat down with them and told them "Axel and Roxas were each other's only friends eva".

Then why couldn't he just stick with that, for heaven's sake?

It probably went something like this. Square started working on BBS and Days. But BBS is admittedly the more intriguing concept because it deals with brand-new characters and a dark storyline and so on. Days...well, as big of a mystery as that time period is...we know what happens in the end. Roxas leaves the Organization. Axel is ordered to kill him, angsts for a week, and then lets Roxas go and leaves. Roxas goes back to Sora. Sora kills several members, Axel dies for him, and Sora and Riku wipe out the rest. The End.

As popular as the Organization is with fans, they needed something to hook us and make us really want to know what led Roxas to his decision. Enter a brand new character: the fourteenth member. And if Xion's related to Aqua's fate as I think/hope that she is, this also ties in nicely with BBS. Hooray!

But WAIT! "Days" is supposed to be Roxas's story, not Xion's or Aqua's. Solution: make Xion a friend of Roxas, that will also tie in with his leaving.

But WAIT! The games and the novels made sure that we knew that Axel was Roxas' friend, and no one else. Solution: make a RAX trio!

But WAIT! If Roxas and Axel were the only ones involved in their friendship in KH2, what to do about Xion? Well...stay tuned for Days. They'd better explain this.

I mean, for instance, I never saw Roxas fall into Axel's arms during their fight in the games. So the novels adding it in is all fun and games and all, but the contradiction with the true proper canon being the games starts with things as small as this.
Not every last single line in the novels was written and instructed by Nomura. Hence, its canonity value is debatable.

Yeah but, it's a novel. What are they supposed to say? "Roxas and Axel dueled; what happened next largely depended on which gamer was controlling Roxas?" Of course not.

I like to think that they took the fight description as an opportunity to reinforce elements of the story that were already canon: mainly, Axel and Roxas' friendship. The author(s?) showed us that even when he's ordered to do it, even when he thinks it's the only option left, Axel simply can't bring himself to hurt Roxas. He just doesn't have it in him, because it's his best friend. He had the upper hand and was winning, judging from the fact that Roxas was stumbling, but as soon as that happened, Axel automatically stopped to help him.

Everything else in that battle description fits the canon of the games: Axel encircling the battlefield with his fire, Roxas winning, the dialogue, Roxas' flashback, Axel leaving...all of that pretty much happened the way it did in the game. So it's not like that scene is directly deviating from anything.

Xion appeared in the games. She may or may not contradict the novels in the long run (seems like she does now). That doesn't mean she's badly written or pulled out of nowhere.
It means the novels lack overall canon-value and thus Nomura allows himself to disregard them.
Which is why I really am amused you brought the manga up to say "Xion didn't appear in it!". Since the manga's the least canon out of everything we have thus far.

Okay, but what about Kingdom Hearts 2, the game? Where was her tombstone? Every other member had one. Why were there only thirteen seats in the meeting room? Where was Xion's throne? Why did Axel say that Roxas was the only member he liked in the Organization?

As I've said to you before, it's not really Xion herself I take issue with. I like the idea of RokuXion, and I like the idea of Rion. I just take issue with Square-Enix creating a plot hole. If they provide a good explanation for everything, I will shut up about it and never complain about her again (unless it has to do with her character specifically).

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

That's exactly what I was about to say for the whole Roxas and Axel fight. That since that's when the game play starts, they needed to fill that in. It's not important enough to show as well, so it's left to whatever you want it to be that happened. Better than saying "Battle begins", and cutting it off every time. That's hardly any reason to disprove the canonity of the novels when scenes are used for it in KH2: FM+, and Nomura realized how much he left out once he did it.

And you took the manga thing too seriously. I only added it in by default cause of anything KH related. Not that I was serious. But even the manga would have made it less WTF. She was pulled out of nowhere.

And if Xion appeared in the games, lord, I must have missed that. And everyone else who didn't know. Where is it?

Either way, Org_42 placed the problem rather well. Nomura has a lot on his hands. Nothing more to say.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Then why couldn't he just stick with that, for heaven's sake?

Because I said that he did not dictate every single thing the novels had. Hence - non canon quality.

But WAIT! The games and the novels made sure that we knew that Axel was Roxas' friend, and no one else. Solution: make a RAX trio!

And personally, involving the novels in the considerations is what I consider to be the flaw here. :\ non-novel readers have it off a lot easier.

Yeah but, it's a novel. What are they supposed to say? "Roxas and Axel dueled; what happened next largely depended on which gamer was controlling Roxas?" Of course not.

They could've stayed true to what was yes shown which was a fight. It's not like they couldn't show it in the game - they didn't.

Axel simply can't bring himself to hurt Roxas. He just doesn't have it in him, because it's his best friend. He had the upper hand and was winning, judging from the fact that Roxas was stumbling, but as soon as that happened, Axel automatically stopped to help him.

Hello Nobody issue :V

So it's not like that scene is directly deviating from anything.

It does more than enough.

Okay, but what about Kingdom Hearts 2, the game? Where was her tombstone?

That Nomura specifically said would be explained. Along with the lack of the name change. Those are actually the things I'm least worried about.

Every other member had one. Why were there only thirteen seats in the meeting room? Where was Xion's throne?

Because it seems that the org only had room for 13 members. Reread the novels - they said that they had 13 seats even without having 13 members. the number's literally set in stone.

Why did Axel say that Roxas was the only member he liked in the Organization?

Because it might've been true. And he might've forgotten her.

If they provide a good explanation for everything, I will shut up about it and never complain about her again (unless it has to do with her character specifically).

How about give them the benefit of the doubt first and then complain with the rest of the world?

And TN. Even if Xion did appear in the games, or was referenced, you probably would've associated that reference with something else. The novels are filled with stuff that could have to do with her. Filled with them It all depends on how you take it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

And TN. Even if Xion did appear in the games, or was referenced, you probably would've associated that reference with something else. The novels are filled with stuff that could have to do with her. Filled with them It all depends on how you take it.

Obviously, that wasn't the case until Xion appeared, and as you said, it all depends how you take it. Doesn't make it fact. You think it is filled with stuff, when I don't see it. If she didn't ever exist, I wondered what would you have thought now. Bet it wouldn't be the same. I, and quite the majority, didn't see Xion referenced at all. AT ALL. Nowhere. And this is not from a biased mind. When I first read the Novels, and saw KH2, without ever learning there was suddenly a 14th member that no one knew existed, canonly, and by fans, I saw nothing. And I still don't. And that's why I'm not going to fool myself into thinking there is now that the character suddenly appeared, and take any "hint" that she might fit in somewhere just so she could make sense. Because she isn't there. And weren't you talking about contradictions in the novels anyway? Now she's referenced everywhere in there?

She doesn't make a dent. She didn't exist before. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

*TwilightNight* said:
I've given Nomura the benefit of the doubt, but now I think he's mediocre by this point.
I do think he's made a bit of a mistake with Xion's plot holeyness, but I can't forget that this is the man who dreamed of the whole universes for some of my favourite games ever. He has so so many respect points from me that I can't hold it against him! :D
Yeah, it is. Though, I do get that she would be responsible for the erasing memories, redirecting them. Diz was the most in control, though, and Naminé sometimes just kind of snuck in because she wanted to help Roxas, and calm the kid down.
I am of the personal opinion that she thought of Roxas as a Sora who was actually meant for her. When DiZ and Riku chuch Roxas in that grate thing before they datarise him, DiZ says something like 'we'll give him a new personality, to throw off the followers'. I think Namine, who was in charge of that, would have had plenty of opportunity to make Roxas whoever she wanted him to be. I think Namine's situation is just so sad, and I wouldn't hold it against her; she loved Sora, and manipulating Roxas was the closest she could get. Axel says, 'the Roxas I knew is long gone'. Because he had become Namine's Roxas, changed by the memories she put in him. MAYBE. I guess in Days, if he turns out to have had the exact same personality as KHII my theory is shot. I just like it because it adds depth to the story...
And I'm starting to hate those kind of words >.<. They keep from me pinpointing the character better. Do you think a professional can reach an evaluation? Or would they follow the tone the same way, and just come to their conclusion? I guess, what I'm asking, is it....readable? I'm really curious.
When it comes down to it, no matter how naieve it makes me sound, I think you should trust the official release translations. I know a lot of people hate dubs etc and say they compromise the meaning, but, if the original creators of the game have given the okay for someone to do the official translation/dub, I trust them. Yes, English and Japanese are very different, and I believe that the proffessionals also 'follow the tone the same was, and come to a conclusion', but, they also have the added option to discuss it with the original creators of the game, and come up with the best, if not most literal, translation.
Wow. Yeah, I'm definitely going to have a run for my money o.o.
The best Larxel is the angry, hot kind, where sparks fly. They're never going to be sappy together. Yeah, Axel can be horribly sappy ('do you know why the susnet is red?'), but when he recognises someone as dangerous, he watches every word he says, and turns everything into a game. And Axel thinks Larxene is dangerous. Dangerously unpredictable, dangerously open and straight up, and dangerous with knives and high voltage and no regrets. I don't think the two ever connected on a personal basis, because Axel lies about everything and Larxene is way too blunt. But, I don't think Larxene was looking for that; she was perfectly fine without a heart thankyou-very-much, and I think she would have wanted Axel's fire rather than a deep and meaningful relationship. That's my dissertation at least. I hope to get the CoM novels someday...
"having a Heart is a bitch. Do. Not.Want." xD The thing that interests me is WHY she said it. Sigh. I'm still all up for Larxene having a softer side somewhere, and life made her to be domineering or something.
I think she was made to say that line because it makes her sound like a villain-type character, personally. It seems like a plot kind of thing to say. Have you read A Sorrow of Magpies, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net before? It is very epic, and I think you'd like the characterisation of Larxene ;D
Now, the thing with Marluxia, is that he wasn't planning mutiny at that point. And seemed to be fond of her just the same. I know it's weird to say, but him and Larxene remind of the gay and girl friend dynamic. There. I said it xD. I had to.
Maybe once he discovered that he wasn't the only one who thought the organisation was boring, he started thinking of mutiny. And YES. The girl and gay friend dynamic!! Hahahah XD
I didn't really get a feel of how the two boys were except that they tolerated each other, I guess. And that maybe is even wrong.
This is based off how they seemed in the manga, so it's probably wrong, but I got the feeling that #12 Marluxia loved bossing people around, and got a kick out of bossing Axel (who isn't a pushover and is #8 on top of that). And Axel was playing an elaborate game in CO, setting up all the pieces, and Marluxia was just another one.
And thanks for the Reno pic <3 ^_____^
Rain said:
Axel suddenly thinking about a Holiday and how he "didn't get to go"? Iono, relates pretty bluntly to what Roxas thought of at the start, imo :I
Yes, I thought it was connected, too. But. Axel doesn't actually specify WHO didn't get to go. He only says 'didn't get to go' and we assume he means himself. He also doesn't say where, or when, or why. We'll just have to wait for Days to see if it has something to do with Xion.
I'll forever more refuse to hold it against them that they didn't show her in those parts. By principel. When I actually read translations that show true blunt contradiction, and no, not things that could've either had them forget about Xion, or Axel being fag for Roxas, I won't be mad at them for it.
So... you refuse to hold it against them, and you won't be mad when you read a contradiction? That's really open minded of you :D I won't hold it against them, either. The thing is, Days was created because they wanted to make a multiplayer and the best opportunity for that was to use the organisation, which has a lot of characters (I translated this interview myself). And they needed a sympathetic female character, cause the Org has none (Larxene is... Larxene. Can you see her filling the female sympathetic KH:Kairi/CoM:Namine mould?).
What I will hold against them is sinking my ship (get it? lawl) with a mary-sue character D: And I feel I have the right to be sad and even a little resentful about that, even if it is irrational.
I seriously think a lot more people would've gone a lot more enraged over there suddenly being a whole new character introduced in the novels.
What TN said. Plus, they already but BBS hints into the novel, with the 'Sleeping Room' and 'another friend' and stuff, which is apparently meant to refer to Aqua. So why would it have been too shocking to put a Days hint in there too?
;w; meh. Want more translations.
An awesome awesome person is going to mail me KHII volume 1 soon, so there's that. There's also two more chapters of Seven Days coming, but they aren't very controversial (or so I think. Who knows what people will pick up >___>) Then, there's interviews with Nomura, Shimomura and Roxas' Japanese VA coming up on Heartstation. That's what's on my to-do list in fandom purposes... you don't want to see my to-do list for real life. I'm going to die ;____;
That doesn't mean she's badly written or pulled out of nowhere.
No, but she's still exactly what I would call 90% of the original characters found in fan fiction. I have a mental checklist for dismissing bad OCs just from reading a summary, and when I first heard about her she ticked all the boxes and then some. I hope the game changes my mind about her.
Organization_42 said:
As popular as the Organization is with fans, they needed something to hook us and make us really want to know what led Roxas to his decision. Enter a brand new character: the fourteenth member. And if Xion's related to Aqua's fate as I think/hope that she is, this also ties in nicely with BBS. Hooray!

But WAIT! "Days" is supposed to be Roxas's story, not Xion's or Aqua's. Solution: make Xion a friend of Roxas, that will also tie in with his leaving.

But WAIT! If Roxas and Axel were the only ones involved in their friendship in KH2, what to do about Xion? Well...stay tuned for Days. They'd better explain this.
This made me lol so much. I can totally imagine them thinking this! But I think they also really needed to make a female character with whom female players could identify. 'Double hooray! Or is that triple...?'
Rain said:
I'm leaning more and more to doubting the 'canonity' of the novels, truth be told.
I've heard that the novels are an outlet for scenes that would have made the game too long. Though I think it was TN that told me this, so you'd have to ask her where she heard it.
Organization_42 said:

I like to think that they took the fight description as an opportunity to reinforce elements of the story that were already canon: mainly, Axel and Roxas' friendship. The author(s?) showed us that even when he's ordered to do it, even when he thinks it's the only option left, Axel simply can't bring himself to hurt Roxas. He just doesn't have it in him, because it's his best friend. He had the upper hand and was winning, judging from the fact that Roxas was stumbling, but as soon as that happened, Axel automatically stopped to help him.

Everything else in that battle description fits the canon of the games: Axel encircling the battlefield with his fire, Roxas winning, the dialogue, Roxas' flashback, Axel leaving...all of that pretty much happened the way it did in the game. So it's not like that scene is directly deviating from anything.
YES. This is perfect perfect exactly what I think too.
Okay, but what about Kingdom Hearts 2, the game? Where was her tombstone? Every other member had one. Why were there only thirteen seats in the meeting room? Where was Xion's throne? Why did Axel say that Roxas was the only member he liked in the Organization?
This.

As I've said to you before, it's not really Xion herself I take issue with. I like the idea of RokuXion, and I like the idea of Rion. I just take issue with Square-Enix creating a plot hole. If they provide a good explanation for everything, I will shut up about it and never complain about her again (unless it has to do with her character specifically).
I don't really have a legitimate reason, cause I love Nomura enough to go along with his 'not a plothole, but an opportunity for each player to come away with their own story' bull. She has an annoying helium voice! Does that count as a legitimate reason to dislike her? D:
Rain said:
It's not like they couldn't show it in the game - they didn't.
That's not true. In a game, gameplay<cutscenes. And in a novel, character drama<fight choreography. The delivery is different to fit the genre, but what Org_42 said is still true.
They took the fight description as an opportunity to reinforce elements of the story that were already canon.
Hello Nobody issue :V
"He was the only one... I liked. He made me feel... as if I had a heart..."

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Never really said I'd forgive them for contradictions once they hit. It's just that thus far, even with everything you guys are saying, I still don't see it.
Comes Xion's explanation, then I'll possibly be miffed. Until then though I'm forgiveful.

And TAV have their whole plot and world that needed to be introduced. Xion's about the only new thing they could really put into the Organization. Showing anything about her would've made Days lose whatever little value it has. So again, I'm really somewhat nonchalant about the whole ordeal :D

Kiwise

Re: Axel--Seven Days Game Novel translation

It's a given that it has to be darker. You look at Axel. Then you look Larxene. Take a look at their problems, attitudes, and personalities, and it won't be as sweet and innocent as the pairings we've witnessed. If anything, they'll tackle many issues. If she had survived, that is. And I agree as well with the complementary sense of humor. They did team up at Vexen and taunted him, after all. They are two people that know how to irritate others if they feel like it, so it fits. And of course, the commentary against each other will be awesome as well. Bickering, bantering, witty smart ass comments. It's why I like the pairing to such a extent, and the missed potential it had. It's more of a "what if" and "could've been", if you get my drift. They will definitely be more interesting in terms of interaction.

And that's awesome. Even though it is more of a "could've been," it's still possible for them to pick it up. She doesn't die right away, and there's always the novels. They just won't do it. D= I'd love them forever if they did.

I'd like to know how they grew as well. We saw when they first met. But did they talk afterwards from there, or was it when they were in CO that they spoke?

I'd also like to know how did her partnership with Marluxia progressed. It seemed he took to her well the first time, to the point where it made me feel they were friends [not just, "Hey you. Want to take over the Organization with me since you have the same goal, lol? 8D"], but he seemed unaffected by her death.

Unless he brooded privately xD.

The possibilities! <3 So much fun to think about.

t would be an awesome feature. I wouldn't call her a bad character. Just misplaced and complete bull. But, it's expected from KH by this point. It isn't the first time. Along with character whoring.

Mm. Yeah. Bad wording on my part. It's possible (unlikely, but possible) that she'll turn out to be an interesting, well-developed character with acceptable, logical explanations of what she's doing here. Or she won't. Either way, she'll still have stolen the spotlight from the other potentially interesting and well-developed characters, and I have a lot of trouble forgiving that. ._. But anything's possible, they might surprise us. Seriously doubt it, but I can dream.

About her relationship with other characters, don't think they will have any. And supposedly, from what I read, scenes that talked about her were replaced with scenes that reflect her character. We just know she's there with Roxas with Saïx at some point. She hadn't been seen with any other except the obvious two. I don't really care much either. I'm not invested in her story. It's just a shame that this has to be the main plot, so the focus will be around it and its mystery. I suppose this being the "Organization's game" is out of the question since all the relation Xion has with it is being a member that never existed before and no one cares about.

Yeah, but if she ever shows up in a scene with another character, there has to be some kind of relationship. Joking, mistrust, whatever, something... Unless they just totally ignore each other. Damn. I only really care about how much time the game devotes to her, and how much is left over for the rest of the Org. If her story is simple enough, it makes sense, then more time to hear about the others. If not... Well, then screw Square. I'm expecting this to end up being "Xion's game" or if we're lucky "Roxas/Axel/Xion's game."

I do wish that for them. Axel and Xemnas will reappear as their former selves when they show up [I don't doubt it. They whore Axel out until he goes dry]. And seeing as Axel and Naminé bonded in the Novels, more than I've seen with Xion in any case, and much more sweeter and "aww" worthy x3, I consider Roxas/Axel/Naminé the real trio. And they are. Roxas moved on. And none of them mention Xion anyway. If they remember her, and it's not the predictable memory loss to fix the mess they know they made, then she wasn't important. Which works for me. It's bad writing either way.

I'm pretty sure Naminé bonding with any of the characters would be "aww" worthy. X3 Seems like there's gonna be either a cop-out or a contradiction either way. Seriously, aren't there other ways they could have made the plot interesting than introducing a completely new character? Hell, introducing a completely new enemy would've made more sense. Easier to resolve, anyway.

I don't think Xehanort is a bad guy either. Just lost his way and got obsessed with research, in which the Darkness took control of, and completely ensnared him. The same way Riku did. The only difference between them is that Riku fought back, and wasn't afraid to rule over it, while Xehanort remained encased in it.

It bothers me that people seem to think Xehanort and Xemnas are some kind of Snidely Whiplash-esque card-carrying villains or something. DX No! At least, I hope not. That'd be... Really, really boring. But that's pretty off-topic, I guess.

I do agree with both. I mean, they have some scenes in the Novels that were in the game, and we get to know what they think at those precise moments. Hell, they did Roxas's whole Seven Days. I do enjoy reading their thoughts, gets us into the characters with many things that we might have never seen just watching them talk and move. Sometimes, what comes out of a person's mouth, can mean another. Unless they properly express it.

Exactly, yeah. =3

Yeah, but what Reno did wasn't just any ol' "shoot a guy". He killed millions of innocent people with that action. And orphaned Denzel in the process with his parents being some of the victims. Even if it's just a job, I keep wondering if he was affected at all by that tragedy. Or if he was trained to be emotionless when the time called for it. Because, for him to be the character we know now, it doesn't make sense. And he has a Heart. Axel at least can be given that excuse. It's just the complete character reversal of said Axel, and the hypocrisy, that sets me off as if he has moral values when he literally toyed with Vexen and Zexion in their deaths, and smiled. I would get it if it was to help Riku or Naminé. But the expression when doing so makes me think he enjoyed it too much...

Mm. Haven't seen AC:Complete (or looked into it at all... D=) yet, so I can't say much for Reno. Seems like it'd make sense if he were trained to be emotionless, though.

The updates are looking good. Now more than ever. Even if it's just missions with Roxas, it's at least something that I can say I'll take. What I can get. And Larxene is shown, so...^^. I'm still irritated that they have only certain three as the characters in the site, and that the only FMV sequences are on the same people. Seriously. The members will appear in text bubbles for the remainder of the game. Sucks ass.

-_-

The updates are making me a little happier. ^^ Nice to see more stuff. A few characters other than the obvious three have been shown in cutscenes. Saïx, Xemnas, Naminé, Riku, DiZ... So, some voice acting. Still sucks that they only have, like, one scene each (except for Riku. Two scenes! Progress!).

I'm a bit happier as well.

And, you mean by scars, veteran that had many attacks done to his face? xD

That too. (The scars seem so clean-cut and neat, though, not like a random Heartless attack....)

It's the lobby now. It's where the members prepare to take off on missions. From the scan translations. But if they ask me, it's a lounge where they just wait, sit back, and relax xD. Chiiiilll. Half of them have shown to be doing so. The CoM members are confirmed to have missions with Roxas now with the new trailer. It's just a shame they are all in twilight Town, and not a world. That would have been fun. What I'd like to see is the interaction between members, as I said before. Not just Roxas. Variety.

It won't happen, but it would have served wonders on what they all think about each other. I at least know Vexen isn't well liked by many, especially Larxene, Marluxia, as if those two weren't obvious, and with the Novels translations, Zexion.

<3 I'd so love to see the relationships between them. It'd give the game so more depth to have even just that much more detail.
It seems weird that they're all in Twilight Town. Shouldn't Xemnas have better things to do with the others than send them with the newbie to the same place every time? =/

Me too. SO many songs remind me of Larxene. And then I know that I will never be able to make a proper video with them because they are so limited D:.

DX It sucks, yeah.

I suppose.

I just want to know I'm wasting my money properly, at least.

I'mma take whatever I can get, I'm planning on wasting my money on this game either way. XP

Actually...

I completely agree.

Marluxia is too proud, and has the presence of someone who was once royalty, or from a respectable wealthy family with the grace and aura he portrays constantly. He's soft spoken, and keeps his cool to some extent. For army general, I would think Saïx. Will explain him being stoic.

Our thoughts exactly. Yay, we're not crazy! XD

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There's a novel for Kingdom Hearts II?!?! I wanna read! I wanna read!

Well, it's in Japanese, so you'll have to wait until it gets translated (by me or someone else). Lovely hcb_chibi on livejournal says they will send me volume one of the KHII novels (there are four), but other than that I only have one of the short story novels, which has 6 chapters. So far I've done chapter 5 and 6. 1 only needs typing up now, when I get time, and 4 will be done someday. I'm not doing 2 and 3 unless I get something out of it because they are just recaps of what happens in Halloween Town and Pride Lands in KHII, and they are very tedious. DX

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I do think he's made a bit of a mistake with Xion's plot holeyness, but I can't forget that this is the man who dreamed of the whole universes for some of my favourite games ever. He has so so many respect points from me that I can't hold it against him! :D

I think that's the only thing I can't hold against him.

I am of the personal opinion that she thought of Roxas as a Sora who was actually meant for her. When DiZ and Riku chuch Roxas in that grate thing before they datarise him, DiZ says something like 'we'll give him a new personality, to throw off the followers'. I think Namine, who was in charge of that, would have had plenty of opportunity to make Roxas whoever she wanted him to be. I think Namine's situation is just so sad, and I wouldn't hold it against her; she loved Sora, and manipulating Roxas was the closest she could get. Axel says, 'the Roxas I knew is long gone'. Because he had become Namine's Roxas, changed by the memories she put in him. MAYBE. I guess in Days, if he turns out to have had the exact same personality as KHII my theory is shot. I just like it because it adds depth to the story...

I don't know. From what I've seen in Naminé'sperspective, she seems to think Roxas apart from that. I think it was what I was referring to Rain about earlier when Axel and her were on the rooftop watching over him, and she was surprised to see the redhead alive. I don't think she sees Roxas as a Sora, but that she can relate herself to him in the same situation. Born from the method at the same time, special Nobodies, different from their others, etc. I always thought that Naminé's isolation sort of brought the need of having someone the same way Kairi did, who was nice, a friend, protected her, and many other attributes. She was stuck in that castle for quite awhile, so I wouldn't blame her to be a bit selfish in that regard. The members aren't exactly the best people to keep company with either. I think that Naminé did what she had to do simply because she had sworn a promise to Sora that she'll return back his memories, and maybe she felt like she owned him on top of that. And thus, if Roxas was hindering it, she had to do something. Though, I believe it was mostly Diz in the end that forced the idea on her, and on everyone. And which is why she started to rebel against it right away when it was just too much. And that's where she helped him as a type of "guardian angel" [she reminds me of Aerith that way, watching over everything]. And aiding people like a psychologist in her white room and table xD. Truthfully, I don't think anyone is in love with anyone in KH, not even SoKai. It's too focused on the love of friendship than in love. Not even Roxiné. Hell, I don't think if Larxel was ever made prominent, it would be love. I like the pairings, of course, yet, I feel that it isn't love yet in the reality unless a fanfiction depicts the development so. The farthest I would think is "feelings" and "like". They all care about each other in a platonic level, most definitely.

When it comes down to it, no matter how naieve it makes me sound, I think you should trust the official release translations. I know a lot of people hate dubs etc and say they compromise the meaning, but, if the original creators of the game have given the okay for someone to do the official translation/dub, I trust them. Yes, English and Japanese are very different, and I believe that the proffessionals also 'follow the tone the same was, and come to a conclusion', but, they also have the added option to discuss it with the original creators of the game, and come up with the best, if not most literal, translation.

I trust it, I mean, we are talking about professionals that have studied Japanese well. At least, I hope so if they are hired for companies. It's just that sometimes the translations can be too babyish at times when it comes to KH, and I like the Japanese tone better. And of course, there's the problem of lip movement. The one thing I didn't know was that they could keep in contact with the original creators o:. Which I find really cool.

The best Larxel is the angry, hot kind, where sparks fly. They're never going to be sappy together. Yeah, Axel can be horribly sappy ('do you know why the susnet is red?'), but when he recognises someone as dangerous, he watches every word he says, and turns everything into a game. And Axel thinks Larxene is dangerous. Dangerously unpredictable, dangerously open and straight up, and dangerous with knives and high voltage and no regrets. I don't think the two ever connected on a personal basis, because Axel lies about everything and Larxene is way too blunt. But, I don't think Larxene was looking for that; she was perfectly fine without a heart thankyou-very-much, and I think she would have wanted Axel's fire rather than a deep and meaningful relationship. That's my dissertation at least. I hope to get the CoM novels someday...

Wow. That description is somewhat hot. Then again, that does describe Larxel. That's why I find it so appealing. It isn't cute. It isn't innocent. It isn't butterflies and rainbows. They aren't adorable blushes, and shyly looking away. If anything, they will resemble a love/hate relationship. Which I find KH lacks a lot. We only get the sappy, oh-so-nice and tamed ones. Maybe because of the rating and audience, I don't know. But it would be good to bring some reality in. Larxel can have distrust, violence, er, to a certain extent considering the game they are in, plotting, vengeance, snarkiness, bickering, arguments, and perhaps, some comprehension on both sides. And I mostly agree on why they didn't connect on a personal level. Though, it really all depends on Larxene's characters as well. No doubt she's dangerous. Yet, that type of personality, the dark, heartless, sadistic kind is one-dimensional. And as a BIG fan of her character, I expect something more in-depth about her that will take us away from the label she's gotten, if you know what I mean. She barely shows it, if at all, but maybe she just needs a, I don't know how to word it. The Naminé psychologist syndrome? That always works xD. If anything, people like Larxene need to be understood for others to understand. And that's what I'm hoping to see in the CoM novels. HOPING.

Truthfully, I think if Larxene's character was never meant to die, she would have a soft side that comes from development. She can be very complex when you explore her. I wouldn't want her to be downsized to Axel wuss, though.

I think she was made to say that line because it makes her sound like a villain-type character, personally. It seems like a plot kind of thing to say. Have you read A Sorrow of Magpies, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net before? It is very epic, and I think you'd like the characterisation of Larxene ;D

Well, of course, villain type. It gave off that she might not feel regret or guilt about what she does as most would. Or maybe how she was before. However, it also makes you wonder why is it in so much pain. And why she wouldn't want that "heavy crushing" anymore. Everyone goes through heartaches. Yet, not to the level of living without a Heart unless she felt it all the time. Either she must not have experienced the good things about a Heart, or something else. After all, antagonists can have their backstories as to what got them where they are.

And I haven't see that fanfiction yet =P. I'll check it out.

Maybe once he discovered that he wasn't the only one who thought the organisation was boring, he started thinking of mutiny. And YES. The girl and gay friend dynamic!! Hahahah XD

Perhaps. Hopefully, it's explored in Days. He seems to be coming close to liking a Keyblade's power o:. And lol. I hate to think of Marluxia that way, because he's not. But, it just screams to me that type of partnership. Maybe it can be because Marluxia was meant to be a girl in the first place. And her and Larxene would be friends in that sort of female bonding from all the testosterone.

Girl power! *whiplash*

This is based off how they seemed in the manga, so it's probably wrong, but I got the feeling that #12 Marluxia loved bossing people around, and got a kick out of bossing Axel (who isn't a pushover and is #8 on top of that). And Axel was playing an elaborate game in CO, setting up all the pieces, and Marluxia was just another one.
And thanks for the Reno pic <3 ^_____^

I don't know. It's not that they didn't like each other, it's that you sense a distance, and a cold one. Like they are being cordial to each other because there's no reason not to be. But they wouldn't want nothing else. Like a companion, or someone at school you talk to, but never hang out with. They need to explore this more ^o^. It's interesting.

And no problem! =3

And that's awesome. Even though it is more of a "could've been," it's still possible for them to pick it up. She doesn't die right away, and there's always the novels. They just won't do it. D= I'd love them forever if they did.

I would love them forever if they did as well, considering that's my main pairing. However, I'm great with what they "could have been". Because, even if Larxene doesn't die right away, she does die. So there wouldn't be any point in bringing something in that will be trashed from development in the future. In my opinion, they should have kept her. As I said to goldpanner, Larxene has the capabilities to be a complex character.

The possibilities! <3 So much fun to think about.

And that, my friend, is why fanfiction rocks.

=P

Mm. Yeah. Bad wording on my part. It's possible (unlikely, but possible) that she'll turn out to be an interesting, well-developed character with acceptable, logical explanations of what she's doing here. Or she won't. Either way, she'll still have stolen the spotlight from the other potentially interesting and well-developed characters, and I have a lot of trouble forgiving that. ._. But anything's possible, they might surprise us. Seriously doubt it, but I can dream.

She seems to me more like the typical cookie-cutter girl we always get, with Kairi's spunkiness and determination, but Roxas's complete emoness. Only worse. I'm getting tired of that type, to be honest. Which is why I won't find her character in any way different except her existence and how she got there. And I think her development will be predictable. She seems fully misplaced. But yeah, she will have the spotlight over other members. And that's why I can't exactly be excited. I'm just taking whatever glimpse of the others I can get.

Yeah, but if she ever shows up in a scene with another character, there has to be some kind of relationship. Joking, mistrust, whatever, something... Unless they just totally ignore each other. Damn. I only really care about how much time the game devotes to her, and how much is left over for the rest of the Org. If her story is simple enough, it makes sense, then more time to hear about the others. If not... Well, then screw Square. I'm expecting this to end up being "Xion's game" or if we're lucky "Roxas/Axel/Xion's game."

The only scenes I've seen is those people I listed that she interacts with, from what I've seen. The three most obvious, Roxas, Axel, and Riku. And perhaps Saïx and Xemnas. And I agree for the most part with you with how much the game devotes to her. And, unfortunately, I think it's already "Roxas/Axel/Xion's game". Maybe she'll be gone sooner than we think.

I'm pretty sure Naminé bonding with any of the characters would be "aww" worthy. X3 Seems like there's gonna be either a cop-out or a contradiction either way. Seriously, aren't there other ways they could have made the plot interesting than introducing a completely new character? Hell, introducing a completely new enemy would've made more sense. Easier to resolve, anyway.

Indeed "aww" worthy. She's such a sweet and fragile thing. And yes, it's either a cop-out or contradiction. I'm thinking they'll go for the cop-out the most, considering they will really screw up otherwise. And Lord knows that will be a very half-assed story just for the sake of adding some random girl in. And I don't know. Maybe Nomura is running out of juices to think of anything more original, but I expected something better out of it. There always has to be a resident "Kairi" in side games for whatever reason.

It bothers me that people seem to think Xehanort and Xemnas are some kind of Snidely Whiplash-esque card-carrying villains or something. DX No! At least, I hope not. That'd be... Really, really boring. But that's pretty off-topic, I guess.

Not really off-topic. But I don't think that with KH's theme, and the fact that Darkness corrupt people to its highest if not controlled like Riku's, than that's one thing they can do with Xehanort. I think he just took a wrong path.

Mm. Haven't seen AC:Complete (or looked into it at all... D=) yet, so I can't say much for Reno. Seems like it'd make sense if he were trained to be emotionless, though.

I don't think they were in Before Crisis. It's just weird that someone will be quite fine tumbling down a whole sector and killing people. It makes you have psychological side effects if you're not used to i, and sometimes, you have to train very mentally for that type of work.

Then again, it's a game.

The updates are making me a little happier. ^^ Nice to see more stuff. A few characters other than the obvious three have been shown in cutscenes. Saïx, Xemnas, Naminé, Riku, DiZ... So, some voice acting. Still sucks that they only have, like, one scene each (except for Riku. Two scenes! Progress!)

It is, yes, progress. Much more than I can give. We're getting something. I just wish that all Organization members have their proper screen time in FMV high quality scenes like the rest do. We barely have anything of those for the group itself.

<3 I'd so love to see the relationships between them. It'd give the game so more depth to have even just that much more detail.
It seems weird that they're all in Twilight Town. Shouldn't Xemnas have better things to do with the others than send them with the newbie to the same place every time? =/

If they do this, if they build this well, I would get my satisfaction completely from the game, seeing members interact with other members, and their chemistry. That would make it a Organization game. I wish for it. Doubt it, but I wish for it. And yes, it is weird they are all in Twilight Town. I'm guessing it's beginners. Yet, I hope they go to other worlds :/.

I'mma take whatever I can get, I'm planning on wasting my money on this game either way. XP

It depends how it turns out for me.

Our thoughts exactly. Yay, we're not crazy! XD

Nope, you are not =3.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Oh my goodness, I love it!!! Man, Hayner just has Axel written all over him, doesn't he? Now I really get what Saix meant when he said that Axel was still in Roxas' memories- he's just been heavily distorted.

Though, when he thinks about going to the beach, I can't tell if he's remembering Axel or Riku and Kairi. The latter is definitely what's going on the first time, because he references the dreams, but I can't imagine when Sora, Riku, and Kairi would ever miss a trip to the beach, since they live there and all! I also loved the part in the beginning when Hayner said his line about not always being together and Roxas felt the deja vu! I remember spotting that connection too when I read "Somewhere in Time".

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We must be brain twins or something! That's pretty much how I feel about it.

That whole 'we said we'd go to the beach when we got a holiday' thing may be explained in 358/2 days, i dont know yet ^^

Mikeneko

Hey, I've posted some translations from the KH2 novels in my Livejournal, stray_mikeneko.

I've been skipping around, pretty much translating what interested me, and I still don't know how to do one of those "master posts" that would keep a nice list at the top of the page, so it's kind of disorganized. ^^; I've typed up the Japanese text of the scenes as well, so please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Kiwise

I would love them forever if they did as well, considering that's my main pairing. However, I'm great with what they "could have been". Because, even if Larxene doesn't die right away, she does die. So there wouldn't be any point in bringing something in that will be trashed from development in the future. In my opinion, they should have kept her. As I said to goldpanner, Larxene has the capabilities to be a complex character.

Eh, now Day's been out for two weeks, and it's probably a "didn't." XP Yay, Alternative Universe fanfiction! Most of what we're talking about here's probably a moot point by now, actually. Too bad.

She seems to me more like the typical cookie-cutter girl we always get, with Kairi's spunkiness and determination, but Roxas's complete emoness. Only worse. I'm getting tired of that type, to be honest. Which is why I won't find her character in any way different except her existence and how she got there. And I think her development will be predictable. She seems fully misplaced. But yeah, she will have the spotlight over other members. And that's why I can't exactly be excited. I'm just taking whatever glimpse of the others I can get.

LOL, a determined spunky emo kid. She's bipolar? XD

Indeed "aww" worthy. She's such a sweet and fragile thing. And yes, it's either a cop-out or contradiction. I'm thinking they'll go for the cop-out the most, considering they will really screw up otherwise. And Lord knows that will be a very half-assed story just for the sake of adding some random girl in. And I don't know. Maybe Nomura is running out of juices to think of anything more original, but I expected something better out of it. There always has to be a resident "Kairi" in side games for whatever reason.

Pro'lly one of the themes they're going for. There's a Xehanort in every game, why not a Kairi!

Not really off-topic. But I don't think that with KH's theme, and the fact that Darkness corrupt people to its highest if not controlled like Riku's, than that's one thing they can do with Xehanort. I think he just took a wrong path.

"Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!"
I think it'd be funny for the major villain supposedly the cause of every bad thing that has ever happened in this series ever to turn out to be just some unlucky guy who had no idea what he was doing, just as confused as the rest of us. Didn't they point out repeatedly in KH2 that darkness does not necessarily equal evil (and isn't Riku an example himself)? I think our main villain being another example of that would just be interesting, a nice sort of continuity-wave. 'Course, that'll never happen, but it'd be interesting.

It is, yes, progress. Much more than I can give. We're getting something. I just wish that all Organization members have their proper screen time in FMV high quality scenes like the rest do. We barely have anything of those for the group itself.

Ah, crap. Demyx has no voiced scenes. (Was that spoiler? ._.) Now I gotta go pick up the pieces of lingering hope that just crashed to the ground. [/dramaticsoundingwords]

If they do this, if they build this well, I would get my satisfaction completely from the game, seeing members interact with other members, and their chemistry. That would make it a Organization game. I wish for it. Doubt it, but I wish for it. And yes, it is weird they are all in Twilight Town. I'm guessing it's beginners. Yet, I hope they go to other worlds :/.

I've pretty much decided, if there's that, then I wouldn't care so much how much time they devote to Xion. If I still get the Org., I still get to see their chemistry and interaction, I'm happy, $quare may carry on. But of course, I doubt we got that.

It depends how it turns out for me.

I haven't gone ahead and spoiled the whole thing yet. I've decided to see how long I last. Most of my major questions have been answered by now, anyway, without raising too many new ones. You?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Eh, now Day's been out for two weeks, and it's probably a "didn't." XP Yay, Alternative Universe fanfiction! Most of what we're talking about here's probably a moot point by now, actually. Too bad.

LOL. I kind of expected as much. With everything in the way, and the fact that they aren't really a official couple, they aren't going to devote any more time to something that met its end back in CoM and was never pushed now that a side is dead (Larxene). Yet, of course, there's always fanfiction.

And you're right, though, some are moot.

LOL, a determined spunky emo kid. She's bipolar? XD

I suppose you can say that. She doesn't start getting emo until the near end. Otherwise, she's a Kairi and Naminé hybrid. More Kairi, than Naminé. She's got a resilient streak.

Pro'lly one of the themes they're going for. There's a Xehanort in every game, why not a Kairi!

;~;

Can't help it, but I got to say: truth.

And it's such a downer.

"Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!"
I think it'd be funny for the major villain supposedly the cause of every bad thing that has ever happened in this series ever to turn out to be just some unlucky guy who had no idea what he was doing, just as confused as the rest of us. Didn't they point out repeatedly in KH2 that darkness does not necessarily equal evil (and isn't Riku an example himself)? I think our main villain being another example of that would just be interesting, a nice sort of continuity-wave. 'Course, that'll never happen, but it'd be interesting.

I suppose it would be funny. But you have to keep in mind that the game has set itself to really make apparent that darkness is not evil, as you said. Making Xehanort, or Terra, a unlucky guy who didn't know what he was doing pretty much goes by that theme, so I agree. It's kind of like, what Riku would have turned out to be if he didn't fight it off. If anything, this is the one thing I don't doubt can happen. Especially if they are devoting a whole side game to it. It's going to be relevant, in any case.

Ah, crap. Demyx has no voiced scenes. (Was that spoiler? ._.) Now I gotta go pick up the pieces of lingering hope that just crashed to the ground. [/dramaticsoundingwords]

Barely anyone has voiced cutscenes except the obvious three, Saïx, Xemnas, Riku and Naminé. Diz too. Lol, funny. Even Diz got a voiced scene. As I explained to Organization_42 before, it's basically the RAX game, individually or as a group, with a lot of Saïx, and bits of Riku. Some Xemnas, and small Naminé. Then there are those members that serve as nothing, but unimportant side characters. All in a big sob story. It goes painfully slow, and the interesting things happen at the end. But I guess when you go to missions, you can take that boredom off a bit. I don't know. What everyone says in the text bubbles might be more interesting if it's in English. Hell, the written reports you get when you're finished and do trial missions give more depth to the members than the actual game did. Phail.

But that's the basic summary without spoiling anything.

Maybe when you go through the story it might sound better, or be better than it actually is, I admit. You'll see for yourself. Just don't expect anything grand for each member.

I've pretty much decided, if there's that, then I wouldn't care so much how much time they devote to Xion. If I still get the Org., I still get to see their chemistry and interaction, I'm happy, $quare may carry on. But of course, I doubt we got that.

As if my mini rant above didn't say that enough, yes, you will be right in doubting :/. We don't get any of that, minus some Xigbar and Demyx interaction. Xigbar talks to a few, like Roxas, Axel, and Xion. Yet, that's about it.

I haven't gone ahead and spoiled the whole thing yet. I've decided to see how long I last. Most of my major questions have been answered by now, anyway, without raising too many new ones. You?

I've spoiled myself completely =3.

Kiwise

LOL. I kind of expected as much. With everything in the way, and the fact that they aren't really a official couple, they aren't going to devote any more time to something that met its end back in CoM and was never pushed now that a side is dead (Larxene). Yet, of course, there's always fanfiction.

And you're right, though, some are moot.

Of course, but it was nice to dream. Well, all of them eventually die, no point in devoting time to any of them, I guess.

I suppose you can say that. She doesn't start getting emo until the near end. Otherwise, she's a Kairi and Naminé hybrid. More Kairi, than Naminé. She's got a resilient streak.

Eh. Could've been worse, I suppose.

I suppose it would be funny. But you have to keep in mind that the game has set itself to really make apparent that darkness is not evil, as you said. Making Xehanort, or Terra, a unlucky guy who didn't know what he was doing pretty much goes by that theme, so I agree. It's kind of like, what Riku would have turned out to be if he didn't fight it off. If anything, this is the one thing I don't doubt can happen. Especially if they are devoting a whole side game to it. It's going to be relevant, in any case.

I have issues with their "dark is not evil" thing; as much as I love the theme, they aren't doing a very good job of following through with it, so far. I remember them saying it a couple times, and I guess Riku's story is meant to be an example, but it never really seemed convincing. The Heartless are basically darkness embodied, so we're constantly fighting darkness while being told it's not evil. All our bad guys so far have used darkness while our good guys use light, which doesn't help us much, either. When Riku teamed up with Sora again, we were basically being told "OK guys, he's a definitely on our side now!" and by total coincidence, I'm sure it was, when he became a definite good guy, he couldn't use darkness anymore. So what does that mean, dark is not evil, it's a part of everything, but good guys shouldn't use it? It's not a power you should want to be able to use, even if you have enough control over it to do so? Of course, it's dangerous, but it doesn't seem fair. Why isn't light dangerous, why is it treated as "good"? It seems to negate the whole "dark is not evil" theme that light and dark aren't treated as equally powerful and dangerous, not to mention they seem to be taking sides: our kind, determined, heroic good guys use light, and the manipulative, selfish, malicious bad guys use dark. Kind of a mixed message. So it wouldn't be surprising to me to see them continue to show darkness being used for evil, while still telling us it isn't. But that's my own personal thing, there, probably off-topic.

Though, it'd really be interesting if they actually did follow through with "light is not good."

Barely anyone has voiced cutscenes except the obvious three, Saïx, Xemnas, Riku and Naminé. Diz too. Lol, funny. Even Diz got a voiced scene. As I explained to Organization_42 before, it's basically the RAX game, individually or as a group, with a lot of Saïx, and bits of Riku. Some Xemnas, and small Naminé. Then there are those members that serve as nothing, but unimportant side characters. All in a big sob story. It goes painfully slow, and the interesting things happen at the end. But I guess when you go to missions, you can take that boredom off a bit. I don't know. What everyone says in the text bubbles might be more interesting if it's in English. Hell, the written reports you get when you're finished and do trial missions give more depth to the members than the actual game did. Phail.

But that's the basic summary without spoiling anything.

Maybe when you go through the story it might sound better, or be better than it actually is, I admit. You'll see for yourself. Just don't expect anything grand for each member.

As if my mini rant above didn't say that enough, yes, you will be right in doubting :/. We don't get any of that, minus some Xigbar and Demyx interaction. Xigbar talks to a few, like Roxas, Axel, and Xion. Yet, that's about it.

Well, damn. As expected, an RPG that fails at being a role-play game. Aren't those supposed to be about the story/characters?

(Now there's gonna be Demyx/Xigbar yaoi everywhere. DX Nothin' against yaoi, but. Do not want.)

It seemed weird to me from the beginning that Xemnas didn't seem to get much screentime. You'd think he'd be more important, being related to one of several important characters, but. Guess not.

Well. On to BBS! I got a lot to catch up on, there.

I've spoiled myself completely =3.

May I ask one question? How much time, if any, did playthroughs spend talking to the other characters? Like, not in cutscenes, just walking up to them during gameplay and talking (if it was even an option)?

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Of course, but it was nice to dream. Well, all of them eventually die, no point in devoting time to any of them, I guess.

But that's the kind of thinking that makes it all the less fulfilling and less developed. Nomura doesn't know a good thing when it's right in front of him.

Eh. Could've been worse, I suppose.

True, I guess.

I have issues with their "dark is not evil" thing; as much as I love the theme, they aren't doing a very good job of following through with it, so far. I remember them saying it a couple times, and I guess Riku's story is meant to be an example, but it never really seemed convincing. The Heartless are basically darkness embodied, so we're constantly fighting darkness while being told it's not evil. All our bad guys so far have used darkness while our good guys use light, which doesn't help us much, either. When Riku teamed up with Sora again, we were basically being told "OK guys, he's a definitely on our side now!" and by total coincidence, I'm sure it was, when he became a definite good guy, he couldn't use darkness anymore. So what does that mean, dark is not evil, it's a part of everything, but good guys shouldn't use it? It's not a power you should want to be able to use, even if you have enough control over it to do so? Of course, it's dangerous, but it doesn't seem fair. Why isn't light dangerous, why is it treated as "good"? It seems to negate the whole "dark is not evil" theme that light and dark aren't treated as equally powerful and dangerous, not to mention they seem to be taking sides: our kind, determined, heroic good guys use light, and the manipulative, selfish, malicious bad guys use dark. Kind of a mixed message. So it wouldn't be surprising to me to see them continue to show darkness being used for evil, while still telling us it isn't. But that's my own personal thing, there, probably off-topic.

Though, it'd really be interesting if they actually did follow through with "light is not good."

Well, the Heartless are the Darkness in a person's Heart. The thing is, they have no mind, no control, act on instinct. They're basically creatures running wild. They take Hearts to make more of them. And they hate the Keyblade because it's dangerous. They're not evil, but more like...senseless. It's not the darkness, precisely, that makes them that way. It's the way they are born, because they are nothing, but shadows. Wisps. Riku did use Darkness for the most part on his journey, he's a good guy, and even helped fight the good guys with it, if I remember him slamming Saïx correctly. There just hasn't been a character where they have Darkness as their main power just yet. Sora and those who wield Keyblades have automatically Light, so that's no good. It's the same way that there hasn't been a character yet that hasn't used Light evilly, even though one who uses the Keyblade can also bring destruction. The only one who got that embraced in Darkness was Xehanort, who was evil, nasty, etc. ONLY one. Organization XIII are more in between.

I don't think it's more that "darkness is not evil". It's more of, "darkness is not evil when not corrupted by it".

And that can count for any type of power, when you think about it. Even Light. Because power in itself can corrupt automatically.

Well, damn. As expected, an RPG that fails at being a role-play game. Aren't those supposed to be about the story/characters?

(Now there's gonna be Demyx/Xigbar yaoi everywhere. DX Nothin' against yaoi, but. Do not want.)

It seemed weird to me from the beginning that Xemnas didn't seem to get much screentime. You'd think he'd be more important, being related to one of several important characters, but. Guess not.

Well. On to BBS! I got a lot to catch up on, there.

Well, it focuses on certain characters, I guess. But it's not the same when you got a whole group of them that don't get enough. And there are already Demyx/Xigbar yaoi xD. When two good looking guys stare at each other or/and are friends, it's instant love. Then again Xigbar, isn't good looking. But he fits with the seme type, lawl. Xemnas does get screen time. Not as much, but, what he does sets up the whole plot, so I guess that gives him a lead in to everything.

But, yes, I am looking forward to BBS more. Always have ^^.

May I ask one question? How much time, if any, did playthroughs spend talking to the other characters? Like, not in cutscenes, just walking up to them during gameplay and talking (if it was even an option)?

I don't know the time, since it's quite hard to pinpoint, really. There should a lot to satisfy, I guess, when some members go on missions with you. And then of course, the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back