• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwise

Re: Axel--Seven Days Game Novel translation

But that's the kind of thinking that makes it all the less fulfilling and less developed. Nomura doesn't know a good thing when it's right in front of him.

I know. It's so sad. Nomura's a tease, giving us a bunch of awesome characters and going "NOPE, can't have 'em! Here's a new chick! =D Money tiem, nom nom."

Well, the Heartless are the Darkness in a person's Heart. The thing is, they have no mind, no control, act on instinct. They're basically creatures running wild. They take Hearts to make more of them. And they hate the Keyblade because it's dangerous. They're not evil, but more like...senseless. It's not the darkness, precisely, that makes them that way. It's the way they are born, because they are nothing, but shadows. Wisps. Riku did use Darkness for the most part on his journey, he's a good guy, and even helped fight the good guys with it, if I remember him slamming Saïx correctly. There just hasn't been a character where they have Darkness as their main power just yet. Sora and those who wield Keyblades have automatically Light, so that's no good. It's the same way that there hasn't been a character yet that hasn't used Light evilly, even though one who uses the Keyblade can also bring destruction. The only one who got that embraced in Darkness was Xehanort, who was evil, nasty, etc. ONLY one. Organization XIII are more in between.

I don't think it's more that "darkness is not evil". It's more of, "darkness is not evil when not corrupted by it".

And that can count for any type of power, when you think about it. Even Light. Because power in itself can corrupt automatically.

Of course, that the Heartless aren't inherently evil (or anything at all, really) is one of the most interesting parts of the game's universe IMO. But even though the Heartless aren't "evil," they're still the bad guys and we still kill them; semantics don't really matter, there. We're supposed to see them as bad. So when something--like Darkness, for example--is associated with the Heartless, that becomes "evil" too. Heartless are bad, Heartless are associated with Darkness, therefore Darkness is bad, too. Which seems to completely contradict the "Dark is not evil" theme they claim to have.

Plus, our super-mega-awesome good guys don't use Darkness, and the one who did suddenly couldn't use it anymore when he became a good-guy-for-sure. (That is what happened, right? After fighting Xemnas the second time, Riku couldn't make a Dark Portal Thingy to get them out of there, and Mickey said "You don't belong in Darkness anymore," or something like that.) Our bad guys do use it, and they all seem to be irredeemably evil. (They seem to be, at least whether they really are or not.) They still use it, even if they don't have it as their main power; that alone is enough to associate them with Darkness, and therefore they are "evil."

I think my problem is, it just looks like more wasted potential; with the set-up of KH's universe, they could do all sorts of things to explore that theme in particular. They just haven't, really. They haven't done a very good job yet of showing that it's there in the first place, and then they allow it to look like using Darkness/Light defines which side you take. It just seems like there's so many ways they could run with it, and they haven't done it; with Square's rap sheet, I don't really expect them to, either.

Like, one easy thing they could do, let Riku continue to use Darkness. He's strong enough by now to handle it and he knows his limits, wasn't that the point of his story from CoM through KH2? Just something like that tells us it's OK for good guys to use Darkness, which tells us that Darkness doesn't have to be used for evil. Simple way to explore the theme they chose, and it makes things a little more interesting. They haven't really succeeded in doing this. They haven't really explored the issue, just mention it was there. They could, they totally could and it would be awesome, but they haven't. Maybe they'll get around to it, but I kinda doubt it.

Well, it focuses on certain characters, I guess. But it's not the same when you got a whole group of them that don't get enough. And there are already Demyx/Xigbar yaoi xD. When two good looking guys stare at each other or/and are friends, it's instant love. Then again Xigbar, isn't good looking. But he fits with the seme type, lawl. Xemnas does get screen time. Not as much, but, what he does sets up the whole plot, so I guess that gives him a lead in to everything.

But, yes, I am looking forward to BBS more. Always have ^^.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. DX It'd only focus on a certain few and ignore the rest. I guess that the other members of the Org. were never supposed to get screentime, they were never supposed to be important. Their entire purpose was to be bosses for Sora and talking props for Roxas. So... I suppose they were never supposed to be any better than any other random NPC. =/ Which... Is utterly retarded. They shouldn't even have been introduced, then. Organization VII would've worked out just as well. Hell, even better since then they all would've been able to get equal development.

I'm interested in DS, mostly. (Did I already say that? ^^;) As far as I can tell, he's been pretty much ignored in scans/trailers/things. Kind of like Aqua for a while.

I don't know the time, since it's quite hard to pinpoint, really. There should a lot to satisfy, I guess, when some members go on missions with you. And then of course, the lounge.

Right, the lounge is what I was thinking of. I mean time as in, any at all. Could there possibly be some missed info from not talking to them? But I think someone in the spoilers section's translating the random conversations. Oh well.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

I know. It's so sad. Nomura's a tease, giving us a bunch of awesome characters and going "NOPE, can't have 'em! Here's a new chick! =D Money tiem, nom nom."

I think that's the whole thing that bothers me the most. Xion is really unimportant and doesn't add anything to whole KH spectrum. She really was a plot device. It was like, "lawl, this person won't be important at all in the future, but we'll sacrifice the Organization members to build her anyway with a sob story, lawl".

One of the reasons why I want to know how Japan thinks.

Of course, that the Heartless aren't inherently evil (or anything at all, really) is one of the most interesting parts of the game's universe IMO. But even though the Heartless aren't "evil," they're still the bad guys and we still kill them; semantics don't really matter, there. We're supposed to see them as bad. So when something--like Darkness, for example--is associated with the Heartless, that becomes "evil" too. Heartless are bad, Heartless are associated with Darkness, therefore Darkness is bad, too. Which seems to completely contradict the "Dark is not evil" theme they claim to have.

Plus, our super-mega-awesome good guys don't use Darkness, and the one who did suddenly couldn't use it anymore when he became a good-guy-for-sure. (That is what happened, right? After fighting Xemnas the second time, Riku couldn't make a Dark Portal Thingy to get them out of there, and Mickey said "You don't belong in Darkness anymore," or something like that.) Our bad guys do use it, and they all seem to be irredeemably evil. (They seem to be, at least whether they really are or not.) They still use it, even if they don't have it as their main power; that alone is enough to associate them with Darkness, and therefore they are "evil."

I think my problem is, it just looks like more wasted potential; with the set-up of KH's universe, they could do all sorts of things to explore that theme in particular. They just haven't, really. They haven't done a very good job yet of showing that it's there in the first place, and then they allow it to look like using Darkness/Light defines which side you take. It just seems like there's so many ways they could run with it, and they haven't done it; with Square's rap sheet, I don't really expect them to, either.

Like, one easy thing they could do, let Riku continue to use Darkness. He's strong enough by now to handle it and he knows his limits, wasn't that the point of his story from CoM through KH2? Just something like that tells us it's OK for good guys to use Darkness, which tells us that Darkness doesn't have to be used for evil. Simple way to explore the theme they chose, and it makes things a little more interesting. They haven't really succeeded in doing this. They haven't really explored the issue, just mention it was there. They could, they totally could and it would be awesome, but they haven't. Maybe they'll get around to it, but I kinda doubt it.

Well, Nobodies aren't entirely Darkness. They are more like in the between, and a shade of gray. So, it's not like they are evil, precisely. But as long as they are threats to the Worlds, they just have to be defeated. Maybe the whole point of KH is not representing that Darkness is not evil, as I said. Rather, that as long as you aren't controlled by it, or afraid, you won't be evil. And can use it for good. Which is different. I mean, I don't think the series has ever denied the fact that Darkness can corrupt. The Keyblades themselves are labeled as weapons from the realm of Light, and yet, it is said they are capable of destroying. And do harm. We just haven't gotten to that part yet, since the heroes we have now are good. I think the purpose of Riku's fight with the Darkness was on that kind of level to prove that point: you can't be corrupted by Darkness if you try. And he still went through a tough struggle. Does he have to leave with a mark? Yes. But he has the power to use it effectively. And I think Riku getting rid of the Darkness was needed. I mean, his situation is more centered on the fact that he can turn to Heartless Ansem, and for him to be that way for eternity, it's rather sad. And we have to see him wear a blindfold from now on. The whole thing was orchestrated so he won't have any remains of Ansem inside him, I'm guessing.

I guess I do understand where you're coming from, though. I haven't thought much of the theme.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. DX It'd only focus on a certain few and ignore the rest. I guess that the other members of the Org. were never supposed to get screentime, they were never supposed to be important. Their entire purpose was to be bosses for Sora and talking props for Roxas. So... I suppose they were never supposed to be any better than any other random NPC. =/ Which... Is utterly retarded. They shouldn't even have been introduced, then. Organization VII would've worked out just as well. Hell, even better since then they all would've been able to get equal development.

I'm interested in DS, mostly. (Did I already say that? ^^;) As far as I can tell, he's been pretty much ignored in scans/trailers/things. Kind of like Aqua for a while.

I agree. And there's nothing more to say. It's actually quite sad. I mean, I understand if this was Sora's game, and he was the hero, and the Organization were the bad guys. But this was the first, and only time, where we actually get into their territory in Days, giving millions of chances of what they can do with it and the characters. How much they can explore. But noooo. It was all wasted for damn wangst to a character that probably won't ever appear again. I swear, the bias and favoritism in this game is astounding. And it screws over the others in the process. It seems like such a waste, and they shouldn't really have created them if that was their purpose.

I expectAxel to be in the next KH lunch box, with how much whoring he gets. My God, do you comprehend the constant WHORING? It's damn incredible that I think it's unhealthy. Next thing I'll expect, it's to have everyone in the KH staff have Axel's face tattooed in their asses. It's that bad.

Right, the lounge is what I was thinking of. I mean time as in, any at all. Could there possibly be some missed info from not talking to them? But I think someone in the spoilers section's translating the random conversations. Oh well.

Yeah, you'll probably miss some things. They just say very short comments, with few words, though.

atomicmanv2

Re: KH2 Novel Translations - Official Thread

ah cool man its good that theres translators out there like you

Kiwise

I think that's the whole thing that bothers me the most. Xion is really unimportant and doesn't add anything to whole KH spectrum. She really was a plot device. It was like, "lawl, this person won't be important at all in the future, but we'll sacrifice the Organization members to build her anyway with a sob story, lawl".

One of the reasons why I want to know how Japan thinks.

I wouldn't have minded her so much if the other characters hadn't been completely ignored because of her. I mean for all I cared, she still could've been a Mary Sue with no development whatsoever if the other characters had still been touched on a little. Would that really have been so hard for the writers and animators to do? She still could've have been the focus of the plot, but if the other characters had at least been given real personalities, then there wouldn't be much issue. I wouldn't have much issue, anyway. Most of the Org. are not the same as minor, nameless, NPCs. Most of them are actually kind of important plot-wise, and there's no real excuse to ignore the rest, either. So if everything interesting about each of them can be still summed up in three words, something went horribly wrong when writing this thing. =/

I'd love to know if Japan has similar complaints. Or whatever complaints they do have. Maybe this could be avoided in the future. By then, it'd pretty much too late for the Org., but still.

Well, Nobodies aren't entirely Darkness. They are more like in the between, and a shade of gray. So, it's not like they are evil, precisely. But as long as they are threats to the Worlds, they just have to be defeated. Maybe the whole point of KH is not representing that Darkness is not evil, as I said. Rather, that as long as you aren't controlled by it, or afraid, you won't be evil. And can use it for good. Which is different. I mean, I don't think the series has ever denied the fact that Darkness can corrupt. The Keyblades themselves are labeled as weapons from the realm of Light, and yet, it is said they are capable of destroying. And do harm. We just haven't gotten to that part yet, since the heroes we have now are good. I think the purpose of Riku's fight with the Darkness was on that kind of level to prove that point: you can't be corrupted by Darkness if you try. And he still went through a tough struggle. Does he have to leave with a mark? Yes. But he has the power to use it effectively. And I think Riku getting rid of the Darkness was needed. I mean, his situation is more centered on the fact that he can turn to Heartless Ansem, and for him to be that way for eternity, it's rather sad. And we have to see him wear a blindfold from now on. The whole thing was orchestrated so he won't have any remains of Ansem inside him, I'm guessing.

I guess I do understand where you're coming from, though. I haven't thought much of the theme.

It just seems like, because they haven't explored the "Dark is not evil" thing that deeply yet, that Darkness can only corrupt, it couldn't possibly be used for good. Just because they've only shown it either corrupting people or almost corrupting people. It hasn't really been seen being used for good at all, even with Riku. But I dunno, maybe they'll get to it.

I agree. And there's nothing more to say. It's actually quite sad. I mean, I understand if this was Sora's game, and he was the hero, and the Organization were the bad guys. But this was the first, and only time, where we actually get into their territory in Days, giving millions of chances of what they can do with it and the characters. How much they can explore. But noooo. It was all wasted for damn wangst to a character that probably won't ever appear again. I swear, the bias and favoritism in this game is astounding. And it screws over the others in the process. It seems like such a waste, and they shouldn't really have created them if that was their purpose.

I expectAxel to be in the next KH lunch box, with how much whoring he gets. My God, do you comprehend the constant WHORING? It's damn incredible that I think it's unhealthy. Next thing I'll expect, it's to have everyone in the KH staff have Axel's face tattooed in their asses. It's that bad.

If they needed a plot device or something to drive the action, wouldn't it have been more convenient to introduce a new enemy instead of a new character? The Org. creates them, they get wiped out, there's no real need to bring it up in KH2, and there's still action and plot in Days. Roxas still leaves the Org. because... The Org. sucks, I dunno. And new enemies require less explanation and development then a completely new character. So, why bring in a new Mary Sue? That's Square just asking for flames. =/

And the reason he's so popular with the fandom is because he's one of the few characters who ever did get a real personality. Which means that they could be making just as much money off their other characters if they bothered to give them any screentime. If we had a reason to care about them, we sure as hell would. Then any of them could be whored. And Square makes more munniez. So I don't see why they don't do this. Takes too much work for writers? What the hell? I really don't get it.

AxeltheFlame

Thank you Thank you Thank you for this masterpiece of rare translated KH2 stories!:36:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No worries! You're welcome to comment/friend on my LJ if you like <3

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Um.. I have a question. In KH wiki it says that there's a part in one of the novels where Axel teases Lexaeus and tries to lift his tomahawk. Which chapter/novel was that one in???

Hm. It's definitely not in Axel--Seven Days, or in any of the KH or KHII novels. I'd say it could have been in the CoM novels. I don't have access to copies of these, and I've never seen translations of them on the net...

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.

Hm. It's definitely not in Axel--Seven Days, or in any of the KH or KHII novels. I'd say it could have been in the CoM novels. I don't have access to copies of these, and I've never seen translations of them on the net...

Then how did they....? Oh, well. Thanks for answering my question:lol:.

The memories of me and Roxas haven't faded away.
For now, just that's fine.
"...Really feel like some ice cream," Axel muttered, watching the sunset absently.
We were always together with the sunset.
We talked about all kinds of things in that place.
I think it'd be good if we could talk and eat ice cream there again someday.
Now, there's nothing but that.
I only hope for that.
The setting sun was shining on Axel.
You know, whenever I read this part, I feel like crying. Do these lines make anyone else sad?

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You know, whenever I read this part, I feel like crying. Do these lines make anyone else sad?

I did cry. ;___;

If anyone's interested, I started translating the first KHII game novel, called 'Roxas--Seven Days'. This will probably be a slow project, because
a) I don't have as much motivation
b) as the year draws to a close I'm getting way busier and
c) THE DAYS NOVEL COMES OUT THIS MONTH *takes deep breaths* and my life will probably be swallowed by that.
So!
gold_panner: Roxas--Seven Days: Contents and Character Bios
gold_panner: Roxas--Seven Days: Prologue

These are already over on HEARTSTATION.ORG... but, I like to hear from people over on my LJ :3

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.

I did cry. ;___;

If anyone's interested, I started translating the first KHII game novel, called 'Roxas--Seven Days'. This will probably be a slow project, because
a) I don't have as much motivation
b) as the year draws to a close I'm getting way busier and
c) THE DAYS NOVEL COMES OUT THIS MONTH *takes deep breaths* and my life will probably be swallowed by that.
So!
gold_panner: Roxas--Seven Days: Contents and Character Bios
gold_panner: Roxas--Seven Days: Prologue

These are already over on HEARTSTATION.ORG... but, I like to hear from people over on my LJ :3

I love you :D.
I hope these don't make me cry......:cry:

Diastyl

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm really happy!!!

But it knows how to hit the heart! *sobs*

:D

Adrein

Whoa, I never knew about these. They're really awesome, thought! Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back