• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2, a terrible game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Sword

Ok, ive been looking through a few forums and ive noticed that some people say that KH2 was the worst entry in the series, Square ruined the sequel, etc. I thought that the game was awesome. It passed all my expectations when I first finished playing it. Great story, entertaing gameplay, etc. Im a huge KH fan so I like everything about the series and never saw any bad things about it. My question is can some one inform me why some people hated KH2? I mean what makes a fan of the series hate Kh2?

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
People think it was:
Too easy, even on Proud mode.
Gummi battles still sucked.
Sora was the gayest he had ever been.
The Disney worlds didn't have much plot purpose.
Magic, sometimes even Cure, was useless.
Levels barely had any exploration and were too linear.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
the game wasn't as good as expected because most people hated some of the new elements of the game... like the reaction commands and the gaame was a bit too linear for some of the players... That's one of the reasons why

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Yes, KH2 was the worst, but you know, it wasn't a complete failure.

Although the writing was poor, it was pretty entertaining at some parts, like that dilemma in HB with the 1,000 Heartless.
And the gameplay was super easy, but it was really fun, too. I loved Drives, they just need to be weakened. And reaction commands shouldn't be just attacking triangle.

It could've been so much better, though. :|

What I didn't like about KH2:

- Magic
- Atlantica
- Too easy gameplay
- The Disney storyline was so pointless. It should've been like KH1, where the original and Disney tied in perfectly.
- Sora was a dumbass. You would think after everything that happened, he would've grown up.
- Kairi :C
- Long ass monologues which could've been replaced with fighting.

Alot more, but I'm too lazy x_x;

Tenacious

People think it was:
Too easy, even on Proud mode.
Gummi battles still sucked.
Sora was the gayest he had ever been.
The Disney worlds didn't have much plot purpose.
Magic, sometimes even Cure, was useless.
Levels barely had any exploration and were too linear.

This, except the Gummi battles very fun for me, compare to KH1, which were terrible.

I still loved this game.

Nexolous

For some reason I got more into KH2 than one. The gameplay was fun but it seemed repetitive after a while.

Sharikka

I actually liked the game (all except atlantica). I didn't like the fact that the worlds were pretty much "unexplorable". Also it is much too easy and Donald and Goofy are pretty much useless.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Compared with KH1 and CoM, and now Days, the game had zero story line. Srsly. Even in CoM you can link the content of the Disney worlds to what was happening with Namine and Sora, while in KH2 Sora's story took a set-back so he could sit back and watch Simba fight Scar. Uh, boss fight now much? Guess not until after these commercial messages.
The dialogue was a disaster.
Sora was dumbed down. About the entirety of the cast lost their personalities and went highwire.
You know something's wrong when Goofy's the voice of logic.
Nice going jumping from that balcony, Kairi. How about that cliff over there?
Etc.

Now don't get me wrong it was awesome towards the end when it was so cheap and low level it degraded to blunt shonen-ai and we'd have gotten yaoi had it not been for Disney - hell we DID get yaoi with Sora reaching for Riku's ass.
But yeah, KH2 hardly lived up to the standards set by the rest of the series.

αsiя

space coke
for me the game was fun to play
i loved it
i liked how the characters matured
i didnt care for the magic (never did for any of the games)
i loved every world ecxept for Agrabah
i have always hated the gummi ship minigames and it didnt change my mind in KH2
i didnt care for the difficulty
i kept on dying on Begginer mode so it was a challenge for me
you guys think what you want and i think what i want

DarkSoldier85

Loved it. KH2 basically built the series that you see now. No KH2 means no BbS (no Aqua), no Days, and no KH 3. Oh, and no Xehanort. They would've just left it at Ansem being the main villain. I agree the game was too easy, but the Organization boss battles were a challenge the first time through.

Sharikka

Loved it. KH2 basically built the series that you see now. No KH2 means no BbS (no Aqua), no Days, and no KH 3. Oh, and no Xehanort. They would've just left it at Ansem being the main villain. I agree the game was too easy, but the Organization boss battles were a challenge the first time through.
They could have done better though. Get rid of drives and I think most of us would be pretty happy.

Sharikka

The drives were awesome. If you are going to make the gameplay that cheap though, maybe give the bosses higher defense or more HP. like they did in Days FOR NO GOOD REASON >:C
....yeah that too.
*filler*

.:Mega:.

Awards
it has better graphics a better storyline and cool bosses then the other kh games.

How was the story better? It felt rushed to me. The Org was suppose to be the main threat and yet they barely got any screentime. Disney worlds were generally irrelevant, Pete and Mal served no real purpose overall, and the story as a whole seemed convoluted. Like it COULD have been great, but it fell short.

KH1 tried to accomplish much less, and what it did accomplish was wonderful. Disney worlds were relevant, as were the villains. Ansem was hinted at throughout the game, but you never knew just who he was until the end. Plus the characterization and development was stronger to me.

We all have opinions, but I just don't get it.

Also KH2 lacked platforming. And dodge roll. Although Final Mix has that, and I have Final Mix, so that bit's okay.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
I wouldn't call it "terrible" at all, sure it had it's problems, but it was 1000x better than KH1 in my book. Everything that annoyed the hell out of me in KH1 (repetitive fighting, horrible gummi ship battles, shoddy camera, general gameplay) had been vastly improved.

Sure KH2 was much too easy for it's own good, even on Proud mode, but I would consider that a minor discrepancy when weighed against all the things they improved upon.

ShobuBlaze

KH2 was a little too easy for me (even on Proud), and there wasn't enough Disney tie in like KH1.

A

Azrael

KH1 was the only good KH game all around.

II is the worst followed by Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back