• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Final Mix discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Re: KH2 Final Mix + Secret Movie + Next CoM?

Quote:
Nomura explained that the differences between the Japanese and North American version of Kingdom Hearts II were minimal. For instance, because of an ESRB rating-related issue, the company decided to slightly alter the gun design in the Pirates of the Caribbean level to make guns look less like weapons. Due to the lack of changes, the company decided against releasing a Final Mix/International version (based on the US release) of Kingdom Hearts II in Japan.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1155.html

So is this just a big middle finger to the world again by S-E and Nomura? If so...then his fate has been sealed :D

But really, are you guys really gonna buy a new game just because it's KH2:Final mix? When you probably won't even have to play the game to understand the next KH or whatever. I don't see the point in it, it seems more like a marketing scheme since the differences in games were very minor. Oh well whatever.

marlousmiracle

For the Future
Website
www.myspace.com

That is not proof for you? That wasnt said today.. That was said way back.. So they hade this game planed. But it not coming the U.S..

Yes at first they wanted it to. but because they hade to edited the U.S version because it was going to get a T rating.. They hade to edit it.. They didnt like that. So they said that..

Err what i was tryin to say was I dont want believe that we wont get Kh2: FM

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH

I don't know, supereclipse, I heard a lot about DQVIII. I thought it got a good amount of hype. Why I remember it even had a commercial during a baseball game coverage( i think it was a baseball game). KH2's commercial and Ac's commercial weren't even shown that much. DQVIII got the better T.V. campaign.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

It's not like they're adding a sex scene or suddenly throwing in swears and naked women, so why would the ESRB and the fact that some things got tweaked in the US version affect KH2 FM's chances to being released in the US at all?

As far as my knowledge reaches, that RPGfan site is the only one who ever made a report stating that, no other KH site has any record of S-E saying that D=

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

I don't know, supereclipse, I heard a lot about DQVIII. I thought it got a good amount of hype. Why I remember it even had a commercial during a baseball game coverage( i think it was a baseball game). KH2's commercial and Ac's commercial weren't even shown that much. DQVIII got the better T.V. campaign.

OMG one game, lets look at all there games. Thats not FF and KH, wow DQVIII got some hype..

They want DQ to take of in U.S for some reason the past DW aka DQ games hasnt been doing good in the states.. They wanted this to take off..

But you can;t lie to urself. FF and KH gets TONS OF TONS OF hype then there other games do..

It's not like they're adding a sex scene or suddenly throwing in swears and naked women, so why would the ESRB and the need for some things to be tweaked affect it's chances to being released in the US at all?

As far as my knowledge reaches, that RPGfan site is the only one who ever made a report stating that, no other KH site has any report of that D=
Well RPGfan is a great souce. And it no lie that was going to have a T rating..

Really there the only ones who made that report? they got it news form, http://www.famitsu.com/ and they said it.. So famitsu must be making it up 2 XD

.:Mega:.

Awards

It's not like they're adding a sex scene or suddenly throwing in swears and naked women, so why would the ESRB and the need for some things to be tweaked affect it's chances to being released in the US at all?

Indeed. I really doubt it'd be too much of a hassle to make a US one. They could just use the scenes that were ALREADY edited for the regular US release. Simple as that. =P Try all you want, but I will think on the bright side of things, and if I'm wrong, I'll just import. XP

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH

Supereclipse, FF and KH get hype like scans and stuff. But the other games also get scans. Star Ocean 3 was a big talk for a while as well.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Ondeed. I really doubt it'd be too much of a hassle to make a US one. They could just use the scenes that were ALREADY edited for the regular US release. Simple as that. =P Try all you want, but I will think on the bright side of things, and if I'm wrong, I'll just import. XP
You make it sound easy editing a game.. XD

The game was getting a T Rating at first.. It was everywhere.. Even here. Square hade to edit stuff to get a E rating.. reports form Square said that anyway.. I guess even Square was lying.

Square didnt want a T rating they didnt want to edit anything but hade to just to get it a E..

Oh, well. Its going to be funny 10 years form now you saying we are getting a FInal Mix soon like how the FFVII think there getting a remake..XD

Supereclipse, FF and KH get hype like scans and stuff. But the other games also get scans. Star Ocean 3 was a big talk for a while as well.
Yea, but what gets more hype look FF and KH.. Sure we get info on upcoming games by them.. But what games do they push more and tons of hype what games do u hear about more and more?

Lets say FFXX/KH4 and there new RPG called Knights of hell was coming out.. WHat game do you think will be pushed more?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

Indeed. I really doubt it'd be too much of a hassle to make a US one. They could just use the scenes that were ALREADY edited for the regular US release. Simple as that. =P Try all you want, but I will think on the bright side of things, and if I'm wrong, I'll just import. XP

But what for, the game isn't any different if you had Green Hydra blood, and Pirates with crossbows that can be lit on fire and whatever else was edited. I see no point in the release of either of them, if it is in fact cause of the editing. That to me doesn't seem like a good enough reason to make this game or even to release it all over.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Click. D:

GAME STILL IN DEVELOPMENT

That last little bit has to be the most relevant piece of info here, folks. The game is still up in the air, so don't come crying to me if this is all just hype. (Which I hope to dear god that it isn't D: )

In other words... this could all just be hype. >.> I seriously hope not. SQUARE WON'T DO THAT TO US. Dx

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

seriously you guys are all dumb
put it this wait lets wait and see wat happens .
sept 29 is our day
piece

Your funny XD, why am I dumb? Because I'm saying Square didnt like Edited KH2 in first place there not going to bring Final Mix here?

You need to lighten up man, yes 29th is our day.. But 2 all other ppl dumb because they think different form you is crazy

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

quote of the day right there!

haha your guys are just mad because Final Mix may not hit the U.S haha.
Its okay you should let it the pain go. Import it..

I dont know how more real it can get if Square and unkilled hack said they dont have plans to bring to the U.S..

.:Mega:.

Awards

Still in Development, huh? Interesting. I wonder what info will possibly be revealed at TGS. =o Either way, releasing it internationally would be the best way to make money. After all, money drives everything, so, IMO, that is reason alone why it would be a smart choice. That, and there isn't much reason to keep it to one country this time. I don't care how many people disagree with me. XP It's my opinion.

Now, if Zexion's weapon is revealed, THAT will be something great to see. -is a Zex fan- Plus, refighting CoM Org members would be a blast as well. So, again, all of these extras seem good enough reason to import if worst comes to worst.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE

Hmm, well, that's a nice bit of information... *takes a plane to Japan* >_>.

But, really, like Rena said, you're all counting your eggs before they hatch. Wait a few months and maybe Nomura will allow an interview of some sort, or maybe release some more scans. Just be patient.

But this is very exciting news. Maybe hearing this, the members will stop going crazy and the forums won't die <_<.

Daniel Curtis

Jeff Gordon

haha your guys are just mad because Final Mix may not hit the U.S haha.
Its okay you should let it the pain go. Import it..

I dont know how more real it can get if Square and unkilled hack said they dont have plans to bring to the U.S..
no, no, no! Sorry about that bud, i just put that being stupid! personally, I really don't care about Kingdom Hearts that much...NASCAR is better. (and more famous)

Last edited:

The Used

Sweet. I see no reason why KH2: FM wouldn't be released in the US. But if it's not for some reason I'll just import it.

Nomura explained that the differences between the Japanese and North American version of Kingdom Hearts II were minimal. For instance, because of an ESRB rating-related issue, the company decided to slightly alter the gun design in the Pirates of the Caribbean level to make guns look less like weapons. Due to the lack of changes, the company decided against releasing a Final Mix/International version (based on the US release) of Kingdom Hearts II in Japan.

By the way, if you read that last part correctly, it says they decided against releasing it in Japan. Take out the information in parentheses; it doesn't matter. "Due to the lack of changes, the company decided against releasing a Final Mix/International version of Kingdom Hearts II in Japan." So, if it comes out, it has an equal chance to come out in the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back