• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Saddest game of the year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xhavenx

im not sure about the saddest game of the year but it was a sad game. i was feeling sympathetic for roxas, xion, and axel through out the whole game. also the mood was very depression too. having to work all day with little break and being looked down upon by everyone else.
i guess if you look at the whole game as a package, it was a really depressing game. in the end, i was feeling sad but i didnt 'cry' or anything. they couldve made the ending more sad: making roxas devastated after losing xion. and why did he only care about the icecream?? lol.

HerGuitar

...What?

I thought it was sorta sad, but I definitely didn't cry about it :/

Didn't want to spoil or use tags; but everyone else is so I meant when she died. :p

and why did he only care about the icecream?? lol.

Because it was the only thing he ever had, his only memory of them together. I thought it was a sad line, I don't know why people found it to be so funny. :23:

xhavenx

Because it was the only thing he ever had, his only memory of them together. I thought it was a sad line, I don't know why people found it to be so funny. :23:

yeah it was sad but nomura couldve made it more sad. when roxas said that it seemed as though he only cared about the ice cream. he couldve showed more emotion too. :35:

HerGuitar

yeah it was sad but nomura couldve made it more sad. when roxas said that it seemed as though he only cared about the ice cream. he couldve showed more emotion too. :35:

He was holding her like a lost puppy. Aw, you poor thing. :cry:

WaveK89

I won't say Xion disappearing would be the sad part, but a factor of it. The entire moment of Xion disappearing, Roxas losing his friend Xion, and Axel losing both Roxas and Xion. The whole winner stick scene with Axel even. The entire moment put together.

I'd have to agree with Snow that the music made it all effective. Not that I cried, but I did feel the emotional impact. Teary eyed maybe :cry:

Then it got cool with the dual-wielding :cool:

A

Azrael

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is the saddest game of 2009!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Saddest Game of the Year (Link)

Who agrees?

Also, Kingdom Hearts is the 45th best selling console game of this decade so far with 5.50 million sales.

The 50 Best Selling Console Games of this Decade (So Far) on VGChartz.com (Link)

And 40th place in The top 50 video games of the year

Destructoid - The Top 50 Videogames of the Decade (#10-1) (Link)

I've seen sadder of course though don't take it for me, plot devices don't work for me anymore.

kolaida

I'm pretty sure they meant the saddes game overall in the year. And I mean, if you combine Xion having to literally become non-existent and her memories wiped from everyone with Roxas leaving the Organization and leaving Axel in the lurch as well. Then you add in when Roxas had the "choked up" feeling over Axel possibly being gone for good for a decent portion early on in the game. Axel also has his fair share of contemplation and hard decisions throughout the game. Oh, yeah, let's not forget this is also when Riku "accepts it" and allows the darkness in his heart overtake him. Ah, then to make it even more depressing you pretty much know the fate of everyone. Let's add sad music into as well and some depressing journal entries, too.

While it didn't bring me to tears, I'd have to say it was pretty freakin' sad and made me think more than one, "Wow, these people's lives/non-lives really suck!" Yeah, depressing. Unless, of course, there's some other uber depressing game I'm not aware of that came out in 09 as well.

Kiwi +

Awards
Well it didn't bring me to tears...it was sad..but wasn't really to cry for..kind of expect what was going to happen..

XXmizzXxKH

It changes a lot where i live. either Felixtowe or
I think it would have been more 'teary' or emotional if there were more of the good graphics cutscenes (the ones when u dont need to touch A o carry on the speech)
there are some moments where i wish i could have just watched it and see it in the good graphics like with Xion in her room and Roxas going into castle oblivion from COM and fainting (Soz if i just gave something away :S0

Suzuku

Wow. Looking at that 50 most sold of the decade list, all I can is that Nintendo owned this generation of consoles. lettuce

Jakek9

the game is meant to show u how they felt not feel sad about and besides there have been alot of other sadde games then kh days
LIKE WHAT?!?!

KH2 was more happy and touching rather than sad. And Axel dying was probably one of the saddest moments.

KH1, ya that was sad. But the way they portrayed Xion, I felt like I knew the character, alot more than I felt for Kairi. So I guess KH1 could be sadder.

And COM was also just touching. Not really sad.

Truthfully I admit I cried when Xion died. I admit that, because I really get into the characters of games, and hell, I hardly ever cry, much less than on a game -_-

So I agree. this was a sad as heck game.

elveina

Truthfully I admit I cried when Xion died. I admit that, because I really get into the characters of games, and hell, I hardly ever cry, much less than on a game -_-

Same. I started tearing up and I was like, "What the heck?? I can NOT be crying at this! Not at a video game. Crap. I totally am." *proceeds to cry for the entire rest of the game through the credits* >_> They just did a really good job at making you connect with the characters. I think it was the combination of Axel's, Roxas's AND Xion's story that made it so sad. Watching them go from best friends to....nothing is just heartbreaking. And then those scenes of them hanging out they'd play on the lower screen during the ending cutscenes....ugh. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back