• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II volume 3 Manga Cancelled or Postponed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AxeltheFlame

Tokyopop is truly an irritating company. They seem more eager to start a new series then to finish a old one. In other words never finishing a series unless they know they can make a profit off it. It feels like an etertinty since a new manga novel has been released and now I'm concerned if it's been cancelled. I hope KHII series has been postponed I want to read volume 3! If anyone has info on this please reply.facepalm

AxeltheFlame

I just hope it's postponed. KH has ended up being in the top 10 of many video game lists and it seems like tokyopop is to dense to realize it. If KHII was in the hands of Viz or Del Rey I bet we would be to volume 5 by now. But KH manga are in the worst possible companies hands right now Disney and Tokyopop.

P.S.
I hope a tokyopop staff member is reading this to know how frustrated fans are with them!!!!!!!:56:

H

HeadKa$e

I think they're just skipping a year, i mean after all they did get rid of a lot of people last year. they're probably just recovering. I'm personally hoping that it'll be out October, November, or December of this year. Makes sense, since the original date was supposed to be late '09.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Tokyopop is truly an irritating company. They seem more eager to start a new series then to finish a old one. In other words never finishing a series unless they know they can make a profit off it. It feels like an etertinty since a new manga novel has been released and now I'm concerned if it's been cancelled. I hope KHII series has been postponed I want to read volume 3! If anyone has info on this please reply.facepalm

They announced it years ago. From my understanding of it, they lost their license for KH and have no plans on continuing localization (or working with Disney for that matter).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
They announced it years ago. From my understanding of it, they lost their license for KH and have no plans on continuing localization (or working with Disney for that matter).

This pretty much answers it.

KH is a popular game but the manga wasn't bringing in the profit. Most of the people reading it were fans of the game who were just interested as fans but the manga isn't considered to be all the great (though I do enjoy it too) so many gave up on it.
There was talk about it being picked up by Disney Press but that's looking bleak as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back