• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts in Three Sentences or Less

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebudx

Awards
I've been trying to get my boyfriend to play Kingdom Hearts with me for a while (no go as yet, unfortunately). My latest attempt did get somewhere: he expressed some interest in learning about the series. I started explaining it, and he quickly stopped me and asked for the abridged version. In fact, he wanted to know what the series was about in three sentences or less.

I was, admittedly, stumped. I talked a little about joining up with Disney and the occasional FF characters, talked some about Heartless, and wrapped it up with talk about Sora and his Keyblade, mentioning that it's not always about Sora but he's the main character. It was...unsuccessful, to say the least, and I think we both came out of that conversation a little confused lol.

So, I extend the same challenge to you all: tell me what Kingdom Hearts is about in three sentences or less. The series as a whole is preferable, but game-by-game is fine, too.

Ready...go!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
You play as a boy who teams up with Donald and Goofy to save Disney worlds. The game mechanics are really tight, and the story is cute. The sequels aren't so lucky.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
You play a spiky-haired boy who goes on magical adventures with an anthropomorphic duck and dog-man-thing, traveling from planet to planet in a spaceship made of gelatin.
There's Disney and Final Fantasy mixed in but Square Enix stopped caring about those after the first game.
The series contains plenty of child abuse and trauma for everyone to enjoy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ooh, a challenge. Here goes nothing.

Kingdom Hearts is a Square Enix JRPG that takes place in a universe that is made up of countless, separated worlds (which used to be together as one, until an apocalyptic war shattered them), many of them encompassing places and characters from classic Disney movies, and others being completely original creations. Now, thanks to the (ridiculously perfect) schemes of basically a mad scientist mage who wants to see the universe end again for SCIENCE, Heartless- darkness incarnate that strive only to rip people's hearts out and destroy everything- threaten all, and the only thing that can kill them is a stupid-looking but powerful weapon called a "Keyblade."

YOU are Sora (at least in KH1, II, and presumably III, but no matter what, you'll be controlling someone with a weaponized key), a dorky kid who somehow ended up with the Keyblade... and your job is to join forces with Disney characters, travel across the worlds, kill Heartless, and save your friends and the universe from the darkness... which means kill more Heartless, kill the Disney villains manipulating the Heartless, and kill the mad scientist mage who set all these events into motion and wants the universe destroyed.

Meh, more like a basic summary for KH1 than anything, but that's basically KH's overall premise. Without going into too much detail. He'll have to deal with that himself. :p

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You play as Key wielding teens and young adults in a JRPG and Disney mashup. You travel worlds that are usually empty and only contain the main characters of the movies. The series is full of hit or miss moments which Your Mileage May Vary.

Vulpeus1041

You play as Key wielding teens and young adults in a JRPG and Disney mashup. You travel worlds that are usually empty and only contain the main characters of the movies. The series is full of hit or miss moments which Your Mileage May Vary.

I do believe we have got a winner

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I only need one:

A game series where Disney meets Final Fantasy meets an acid trip.

Vulpeus1041

Old man xehanort wants to live long enough to stay a war so he gets inside a boy, succeeds and years later he wages said war with s child duck and dog man

DoctahFaz

Awards
Kingdom Hearts is a game that is better experienced if you get up on the Hydra's back.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
An ordinary boy travels across various worlds befriending Disney and square Enix characters, while looking for his friends and a way back home. Throughout the series he stumbles into a legacy of champions of light caught in an unending chess match with the powers of darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
An ordinary boy travels across various worlds befriending Disney and square Enix characters, while looking for his friends and a way back home. Throughout the series he stumbles into a legacy of champions of light caught in an unending chess match with the powers of darkness.

Now this is a great way to put it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Mickey Mouse: Hello children, darkness time.
"SORA, DONALD, GOOFY!"
Bleach meets star wars and naruto after star trek shit on it.

Awards
I'll just do the first game since chances are if he plays KH1 and enjoys it he'll play the rest of the series.

The game introduces you to Sora, Riku and Kairi, three friends who live on an island together. As Sora, you travel around various Disney "worlds" (essentially, different planets with a different Disney movie or theme with some original worlds) trying to find Riku and Kairi. You eventually discover Riku has been manipulated by various Disney villains and has turned to the evil darkness, which you need to save him from in order to save both Riku and Kairi.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Key wielding teen travels to Disney worlds with Dolan and Gooby.

Sexy man destroys worlds while Disney villains don't know that he exists.

ESTUANS INTERIUS IRA VEHEMENTI ESTUANS INTERIUS IRA VEHEMENTI SEPHIROTH!!!

Anagram

Banned
Start at the beginning with Kh1 as a normal yet typically spiky haired animu boy is flung into a Disney adventure. Final Fantasy characters are alternate versions from the source material. Stop at the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back