• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Translation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

Alright, so I was doing Latin the other day and came across the word "terra" which when translated is "earth/land" which is a good desription of him using elements i think. And after a bit more research i found out that Ventus and Aqua (when translated from Latin) is "wind" (Ventus) and "water" (Aqua). Then i looked up Sora,Kairi,and,Rikus names (in Latin) this time with out luck. So i just googled "sora name meaning" kairi name meaning" ect and found out its japenese Sora=sky kairi=ocean and riku=land. Btw I don't know if someone figured out this before I'm kinda new here.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Tanslation

You're also missing Vanitas which mean's "emptiness" and "vanity" and the symbols used to spell his name in Japanese can be translated to "empty sky". :3

Unfortunately, you're extremely late to the party but it was very observant of you none the less~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Haha, you're very late to the party. We've known what Sora, Riku, and Kai have meant since the development of KH1 over ten years ago, and Terra, Aqua, and Ven since KH2FM when BBS was announced.

Don't forget that Xion's transliterated name is "Shion", which is the Japanese name for the flowers aster tataricus which can be translated to "I won't forget you", and "shio" meaning tide.

Namine's name is also related to "nami" which means wave.

It is nice to see people figuring out these things, though! It's always great to put the pieces of the puzzle together xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It is nice to see people figuring out these things, though! It's always great to put the pieces of the puzzle together xD

Was about to say that myself, it shows when people are actually interested in the themes and meanings of the series when they take the effort to look up that stuff.

I wonder if he also got the hidden meanings of Xehanort's name? ^__^

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The plus side is that there's always new things to discover with the Japanese names. Kai(ri) can also be translated as "beaver" and Xion/Shio(n) can be translated as "salt".

WayToDusk

Apparently, there are some homophones in the Japanese language that give Sora Kairi and Riku's names a completely different meaning, yet they still fit. For exapmple, Riku can mean "the agony of separations." Kairi means "nautical mile", and we already know about 空 (Kanji for Sora) meaning both "sky" and "emptiness."

laddyboy12

Unfortunately, you're extremely late to the party but it was very observant of you none the less~

*facepalm* aw well thanks anyways.

I wonder if he also got the hidden meanings of Xehanort's name? ^__^

Do you mean that his name (when the x is taken out and letters rearranged) his name spells No Heart and Another?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back