• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making my own FF game...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

I've been working on this thing for 3 years now. Dear lord, the modifications always hurt my brain >.<

All right, if anyone is actually interested in listening to me please advise me on any thoughts floating in your mind when I say this following sentence: "I am making my own Final Fantasy game".

I know you're thinking "Stupid kid. You're an idiot to not understand Square's copyright." Yeah, I thought that too. I also considered joining Square one day many times over and over. Don't know when...especially being only 15 and the fact I am YEARS under ahead of myself. So, if you call me a fool, please understand I know what you'd want to say. But, if you can tell me what I can do with my idea, please tell me what I can do and the possibility of my idea finally being turned into a Final Fantasy game in the near future.

I won't post much until my second post because of a fear of stereotypical posts. As for incorporating many traditional genres, I can say the game has the following

A) Airship - Have it
B) Chocobo - Have them
C) Moogles - Don't know how to incorporate them
D) Cid: Um...Don't know a good role for him to play
E) Biggs/Wedge: Have them
F) Typical enemies: Of course have them
G) Same type Magic spells - Obviously have them
H) Summons - Only the traditional summons like Ifrit or Shiva

Um...there's more but I don't remember. Sorry And I'm just going to wait it out until my next post to actually give out any information on my idea but for now, I want to ask anyone if an idea to make a new Final Fantasy series is ridiculous.

Chaos_Maker

I accually think its great! I can't write games. I can only do websites. You know HTML, Java, Javascript, CSS, C++ and all that. So good luck with your game. Can't wait and I hope it does become a Final Fantasy!

Heartless1990

Oh, the pains from the severe modifications >.<

All right, with more posts, I'll actually type more of what it is in total but I'll just say the basics for now.

Basically, the game is only a first out of a series. Just how the Final Fantasy tradition goes, I'm going to try and continue the making the same games. Only difference is how I conducted the battle system. But that's only for the first game. As in all Final Fantasy (almost all), each game has a different battle system. The first game hosts an action ATB system and involves, rather than the MP points, using a Energy meter (you may also refer to it as the MP meter). The MP meter, in all the games I'm trying to do, conducts many commands by the characters you use. And rather than taking turns, you can switch between characters. Meaning, you could even use one character to battle the entire time but there won't be any computer AI so you need to learn to conduct commands and switch between characters well. A lot of arguments have entered my mind when I remembered Final Fantasy XII for its action ATB system so I am researching the game and seeing if I can tweak any small bits and make it steer away from feeling identical to FFXII.

Now, rather than actually making a different world for each game, that's why I actually made this game different. The entire story takes place on the same world. But the thing is that each story is set hundred to thousands of years apart so it isn't hard to tell any difference between the atmospheres of the game. Basically, as the games go on, the history of this "world" will build.

To be honest, I'm about 80% done with the story for the first game. I've tried extra careful not to seem imitating of previous Final Fantasy games. I've started a backup story for it in case it turns out it cannot be blended into Final Fantasy but, of course, it means I just have to take out the airship, chocobo, magic names, Cid, Biggs, Wedge, etc.

Okay, I can tell you the character names next time but I cannot actually give away any large synopsis ideas. I am largely afraid of copyright things and even on the forums, I find it rather unsafe but I'll try to give away only small bits.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So are you writing a script, or what? Because like, battle systems, graphics, music, event areas, charecter designs, and EVERYTHING. Each little part is done by a DIFFERENT person. =P So like, most people dedicate there life to JUST charecters. or just EVENTS or just SCRIPT.

o.o Good idea though.

Heartless1990

monkeybutt said:
So are you writing a script, or what? Because like, battle systems, graphics, music, event areas, charecter designs, and EVERYTHING. Each little part is done by a DIFFERENT person. =P So like, most people dedicate there life to JUST charecters. or just EVENTS or just SCRIPT.

o.o Good idea though.

80% done with the script ^-^. I know the entire project would be completed with different sections but you don't expect me to have everything done right? I may be a writer but that doesn't mean I'm good with art o.o. Yeah, I'm writing the script, and doing the battle system. I basically finished the synopsis. The synopsis is the hardest to translate into a script but it is almost completed. I am just working on the story for now. Of course, as in all games, even existing Final Fantasy games, there are minor story flaws that I need to seek out and correct.

One thing about the first game: the group of enemies to encounter during the game are mages. They all represent the traditional Final Fantasy mages.

Neres: Blue Mage
Garda: White Mage
Koru: Time Mage
Ixios: Red Mage
Raef: Black Mage
????: The last guy (o.o)

It's easy to make the synopsis but doing individual character traits is hard. But the enemies fought in the first game will try and make the player feel sympathetic towards them, knowing all of them were manipulated to being "evil".

What I am capable of doing myself are weapons design, combat design, script writing. That seems little but I can't really pinpoint them all right now.
I wouldn't mind working with others to help me in the divisions I find hard to do such as map design, character design, character traits, uh...the list goes on. I'm only one person. All I can do is create the idea and wait for it to become "finished"

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Stupid kid. You're an idiot to not understand Square's copyright >.> lol XD jk

But seriously, where's the blitzball? lol XD

Heartless1990

All right, give me a moment to edit my post and type up what I have so far since I've been given several supporters (thanks all). It may not seem so much but these three years have been hard to really settle my idea with several factors halting my path

1) It's been thought of since I was 12 so as time progressed, my idea changed
2) I'm not mature than I once was (I try my best not to show it) so I change a lot of things
3) School
4) Minor depression stage of my life
5) Development in art and all divisions in the game I'm not good with
6) Finding flaws (flaws meaning like things that I don't want players to find like "sin's birth" in FFX. Of course he was born from Zanarkand and Bevelle's birth but they don't tell you HOW he was made. Did someone summon him or something? How was it popped out of nowhere?)

Edit: All right, thanks for the wait, if any still read this. I may sound different from the weariness of lugging that big, heavy machine

The first story is the beginning to the history of the world. The world itself has the Final Fantasy IX feel for the first story. Rather than modernized, the world is still in its earlier stages of development.

Your main characters are Daisuke, Arina and Kaiya. Daisuke is the actual main character just as Cloud in FFVII and Arina and Kaiya are the friends to him as in Barret or Tifa to Cloud. Now, I took a lot of time looking up weapons and trying to modify the weapons for each character. I have come up with this.

1) Daisuke uses the katana (an actual KATANA! Not like Sephiroth's long ass mistranslated nodachi, nor Auron's stupid heavyblade said to be a katana). He represents Land. And it was easy to choose the Katana because he was from Japan (Earth is destroyed in the game ^-^. He survived in another world. No, this isn't like Sora or Tidus who went to different worlds o.o). His greatest attributes are in DEF, M. DEF and Accuracy. He has a well balanced status.

2) Arina represents your Sky fighter. Her weapon is a battle fan and a parasol. She isn't exactly the strongest at combat but she boasts in speed and evasion. Her Mag. power is the fastest among the three, not completely meaning it's stronger, but her defense is weak.

3) Kaiya uses the spear and is supposed to be resembling the sea (His greatest weapon is a Trident so that fits his role ^-^). Kaiya has immense ATK points and great HP.

Okay, that takes care of the weapons. Let's see, what am I forgetting? Oh yes, Divinity power ^-^.

FFVII and FFVIII have Limit Breaks, FFIX has Trance, FFX has Overdrive, my game has Divinity. Divinity can be built over time. It can be built by allowing the wait over your MP meter increase. Just in case you don't understand that, it'd be best to explain the MP meter first.

The MP meter is your source of energy for many actions done by the characters. When the character does no commands, the meter builds slowly. When you order a character to attack the opponent, the meter stops during the attack and is reduced by 5. Now, if you use MP consuming attacks like Power break, which takes away 20 points, your meter decreases by 20 and does not increase until the attack is finished. Using spells like Fire will rid 8 points so the meter for the particular character will lose 8 points. Casting POWEFUL magic like Ultima will rid 100 points and don't expect to be doing anything for a while. Basically, any action will make the character use up energy (MP). Luckily, your MP meter can increase with time ^-^! When it builts past 100% of the meter and you are in control of that character, your Divinity meter will increase.

The Divinity meter is not as long as the MP meter. It's pretty short. When you build up your Divinity meter to max, you can unleash Divine attacks. I did not think up all Divine attacks actually -_-...I was too busy with the actual story to finish up the specifics in the battle system (even though I am about 75% into the battle system). But people already think it's pretty hard to use Divinity attacks as many of my thoughts had congered already but I think it wouldn't be too hard with "haste" would it o.o?

That's all for now that I can say. I shall post more with progression. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience if you did not feel comfortable reading it. I will continue to work on it. Thank you.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Wow this sounds like the game might be good. If you sell it I will definitely buy it. lol Good luck.

Heartless1990

As there is always a sympathetic bad guy to Final Fantasy that catches people's attention as Sephiroth to FFVII, Seifer to FFVIII, Beatrix or Kuja to FFIX (refer to Zero Rider's sig), Seymour to FFX, and even Riku to KH, mine has them as well...but the thing is that one stands out among the others

What I said before was the the Mages are forged of 5 people and one leading them. Even though their against you, if is not hard to feel sorry for them because many of them are just being manipulated to do acts against their will. The Mages are an organization of people who actually don't know what their doing. They just follow the order of Raef who is scapegoat for ????, the leader of the group. Why they are after Daisuke and his friends is another mystery I cannot expose yet (o.o)

But, the Mages have a certain henchman to take care of Daisuke. That henchman goes by the name Kagerou. If you know its meaning, you know it means Dragonfly. The confused antagonist of the story is actually a good person. He weilds a bastard sword with only his right hand (a medieval knight sword; refer to Steiner's sword from FFIX). Not much is known about him because he barely knows himself but you fight him plenty of times throughout the story. He is more like the Vincent of FFVII but more of "confused" than secretive. You'll learn that he will almost always kick your @ss in the game. Later on, he will "befriend you" (if you define "befriend" as leaving the bad guy side and not being seen for a while). I can say he's just one of my most interesting characters because he always seems so nice and kind until you fight him and he almost kills you, like Riku's second form in KH1 except he's HARD.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So you're just writing the game? Maybe you could try to actually make it with a game maker like RPG maker 2000/2003. It's just a suggestion, you can do whatever you want. Good luck and everything.

Speaking of RPG maker... You people should try The Way. Nobody replied to my thread about it (sometime ago), except for Square Ninja. It really is a neat game. C'mon... It's an RPG! Any RPG fan would like The Way.

Heartless1990

Master T said:
So you're just writing the game? Maybe you could try to actually make it with a game maker like RPG maker 2000/2003. It's just a suggestion, you can do whatever you want. Good luck and everything.

Speaking of RPG maker... You people should try The Way. Nobody replied to my thread about it (sometime ago), except for Square Ninja. It really is a neat game. C'mon... It's an RPG! Any RPG fan would like The Way.

The Way is...? Um, mind giving me a link to that forum then? I'm lazy o.o. I'm writing it up. But I told you already I'm doing more. I'm doing the battle system as well. There are just a few tweaks but that's why pencils have erasers...or why there's a delete button -_-...But I'm doing all right. Thanks for the recommendation though. I'm trying to finalize the plot of the story. It's not too complicated but finalizing means finishing it up and knowing there are NO TWEAKS.

I'm working on
1) Script (easy)
2) Synopsis (duh)
3) Character traits (Not doing TOO well)
4) Battle system (not too hard)

Those are major points to what you need in the game (or any game)

But, I need HELP (actual help from other people) on map design, town/city coordination, character traits, script editor (I make mistakes, therefore I need help), character design.......oh boy, the list is too long. Well...if any one wants to help, don't bother to ask but I really can't expose too much information on the story. I really feel unsafe even on the forums (sorry >,<).

Edit: Oh, and I don't know what to call the game! O.O

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
This game actually sounds really good Heartless1990. Me and my friend were going to make a game this year, but our idea kind of fell through. If you need help, let me know, I'd be more than willing. I'm pretty good at drawing and other artistic things, and one of my in school I'm taking a computer programming class and I'm taking an introductory to video game design course outside of school this fall, then the intermediate course this spring. Once again, if you need any help, I'd be glad to, just PM me what you need.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Heartless1990 said:
The Way is...? Um, mind giving me a link to that forum then? I'm lazy o.o.
Oh, sorry. I guess I was waiting for a reaction. Linky: http://www.crestfallen.us/download.html. It's not a forum, but the site has a forum about the game and stuff. I'm glad you're interested, though.

I have fiddled around with gamemakers, I have a knowledge of how they work. Mostly coding, I guess though. I could probably help with that, just ask me a question.

Heartless1990

Thank you. Okay, I'll tell you the character traits

Daisuke
-Daisuke awakens one morning on the desert plains. His memory is blurred and he is left nothing but his shinai, his kendo weapon. Here, he is founded by a child to be sent to a nearby desert village for treatment on his wounds. Even though his stay was welcome, it was distrubted by a horizon of soldiers bridaging towards the village. Daisuke is ordered to flee to a nearby city and becomes friends with a girl, Arina and later on with another friend, Kaiya. Together, they have to uncover the truth behind his bounty by the king, his sudden loss of memory and a group of people who seem to want nothing but Daisuke's death.

Arina
-Living a life of poverty was hard for Arina. Her family business seemed flashy and glamorous as one of three kimono girls in the city thearter but in truth, her mother had been stunned by a serious illness with no known cure. She had always wished to find a reason to leave the city and seek out a cure, if any but never was able. Meeting Daisuke brought her to understand it was about time for her to fulfill her quest to save her mother's life.

Kaiya
Age 19
-Prince to the same king who wants Daisuke's head. He was betrayed by his own father and locked in a dungeon with his mother for eight days. He broke out and fled to the north to the fellow kingdom where his uncle was king. But time would have it when the king sent their guards to kill Daisuke and kill Kaiya for his knowledge. He journeys with Daisuke to find the truth.

Um...sorry...in a rush. Dinner.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
That sounds pretty interesting. If you'd like me to do some character design, help with the world map and the landscape of cities, just let me know.

I've actually got some ideas of what those three look like already.

Heartless1990

Banishing Blade said:
That sounds pretty interesting. If you'd like me to do some character design, help with the world map and the landscape of cities, just let me know.

I've actually got some ideas of what those three look like already.

I'm bad with map ideas. There are two kingdoms, a northern kingdom and a southern kingdom. I'm bad with names so using latin, the north kingdom is named Aquilos and the south is Meridianus (I'm horrible o.o). What's in between is a lot of things I haven't yet to specify to their locations. As for cities/towns/villages on other continents, I've had trouble finding that as well. So basically, I'll be happy to PM you later on for map advisory and thank you for the help.

As for the character design, I might as well describe small descriptions on the characters. I want to make it as real as possible that Daisuke is from Japan so his hair must be black. Just for Daisuke will it be that specific. Beside the fact Arina's in a kimono, there REALLY isn't much I can say about the three. You may design them in any way you wish, so long as they seem to match their character. But I'm not that picky am I? o.o

Back to the game.

All right, time to move on to summons! ^-^

This was a little hard to think up but I figured it out. The summons in the game are:

Ramuh - BOLT
Leviathan - WATER
Ifrit - FIRE
Shiva - ICE
Carbuncle - None
Bahamut - None
Odin - None

Summoning these guys aren't hard. They just require another stupid meter -_-. Basically, it'll be a summoning meter. A character has an option of using "summon" during battle. When the option is selected, a meter appears over the MP meter of the character using it. When summong, the character can't do anything. Enemy attacks halt the summoning temporarily too.

What can you do to help it besides haste?
Press the shoulder buttons to switch to another character! You can still use another character while awaiting the summon.

And what happens when more than one use a summon?
The summoning meter actually moves faster! The more the people use "summon", the faster the meter increases.

What happens if a character is KO'd before a summoning?
The summoning is canceled! Duh! If more than one person is performing the summon and a character is KO'd, the meter becomes slower.

What's the point of using a summon?
They're STRONG.

After a summon, you can use the summon just like in FFX with a few differences. Depending on how much damage the enemy did to you before it was summoned, its Divinity meter will be increase. Yay! A summon is immune to all status ailments and unlike your human characters, summons don't use an MP meter. That's the greatest thing about them. They don't use an MP meter and the only thing that actually increases their Divinity meter is enemy attacks. Plus, the Divinity attacks of Summons are powerful. Summons only have a set amount of HP though. Once they are KO'd, they won't return until the next time you go to an Inn.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Heartless1990 said:
Thank you. Okay, I'll tell you the character traits

Daisuke
-Daisuke awakens one morning on the desert plains. His memory is blurred and he is left nothing but his shinai, his kendo weapon. Here, he is founded by a child to be sent to a nearby desert village for treatment on his wounds. Even though his stay was welcome, it was distrubted by a horizon of soldiers bridaging towards the village. Daisuke is ordered to flee to a nearby city and becomes friends with a girl, Arina and later on with another friend, Kaiya. Together, they have to uncover the truth behind his bounty by the king, his sudden loss of memory and a group of people who seem to want nothing but Daisuke's death.

Not to sound anal, but amnesia is so cliched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back