• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making my own FF game...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

(I can't believe I didn't introduce the command list yet -_-)

On your command list is a "roulette". Basically, you have the basic command list very similar to Kingdom Hearts but contains minor differences.

The default command list says "Command List" and has
-Skill
-Special
-Item

You use up and down to go through the list and X if you want to use them. If you want to use skills (like Power Break), the skill must be highlighted and you must press Square while it is highlighted.

Press right and you go to the MAGIC command list which is, of course, contains magic.
-White Magic
-Black Magic
-Blue Magic
-Ailment Magic (also known as Yin-Yang Magic in FFT)

Of course, as I explained before, you press X on the selected command, press X on the spell you want to use and depending what you want to do with that spell, you press Square to equip it onto your weapon as your Aura (White Magic and Blue Magic can't be equipped as Auras) or press X one more time to cast it normally.

This is your DIVINITY command list. Press right two times from the Basic Commands list (or once to the left from the basic command list) to go to this list .
-Divinity
-Summon
-Flee

It's odd how the last command on the list contradicts the other two but I guess it's not a bad idea to make it easy to get to. Divinity is only on the list if you acquired the power of Divinity. Summon is hard to do if you don't have a good amount of MP. Flee, unlike FFX, is actually the term for Escape. You have to mash that comman with the X as much as you can. If one person flees, so do the others.

Heartless1990

Master T said:
Yeah, the auras idea is totally from the "The Way". Let's just hope he doesn't have a "plunge" system.

I didn't Download the thing yet o.o Aw...must find something new? Shet. Sorry.

Heartless1990

Master T said:
Looks like it. Back to the drawing board with you!:p

Doesn't that just suck? T^T

I'll need to rid the entire "Aura" material and restart from scratch. Thanks for informing me before I made a large error.

Well, making up this command list shouldn't be too hard to deal with, being I congered this one up in Geometry today...I mean...lunch...yeah...lunch...>.>

Shouldn't be too hard to think of and I'll just try again tomorrow, no?

Now, onto weapons since the command list thing failed.

Okay, being the main hero, Daisuke should gain the title of bearing the Ultima Weapon right? I have considered that...but...The Ultima weapon has been used for the final form of the greatest weapon for many characters...

But to many katana users, the Masamune and the Murasame are just NECESSARY in Final Fantasy. I was wondering if I should make Murasame the ultimate weapon for Daisuke. But so far, I am keeping Ultima Weapon as his greatest weapon.

That said, what should I do about Arina and Kaiya's weapon?

I was considering Save the Queen for Arina but that's sort of mimicing KH isn't it? To tell the truth, I wasn't thinking of KH when I thought of Arina's legendary weapon but somehow, Save the King came into mind when I thought of Kaiya's weapon. So, I need to know what good traditional (if not traditional than original) is good for Arina's weapon, the battle fan, and Kaiya's weapon, the spear?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
o.o You do realize..this can never become a game! o.o But if you just want to get your creative juices flowing just PM me, I'd love to do something. =P

Everyone knows I am teh ultimate in creativeness.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Heartless1990 said:
I'll need to rid the entire "Aura" material and restart from scratch. Thanks for informing me before I made a large error.
Yeah, sorry you have to start over, but yeah. I didn't want you to get completely done, then start playing The Way and figure out, Woah, this seems familiar..... Reminds me of "The Simpsons Did it" episode of South Park.

So, I need to know what good traditional (if not traditional than original) is good for Arina's weapon, the battle fan, and Kaiya's weapon, the spear?
You could name the spear: "Amenonuhoko", which means "heavenly spear" in Japanese (it's from Japanese mythology), but that seems kind of lengthy. For the fan, hmm. Maybe the "Rising Sun" will do. I've always liked that name....

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Just because someone else did something similar doesn't mean you can't do it. Hell, nearly every RPG ever made does something that D&D did thirty years ago.

Heartless1990

Monkeybutt, I told you I want to join Square with my greatest of intentions, really. Even Nomura had to start somewhere, no? Of course, I can't just barge into Square HQ and yell "MAKE MY GAME!!!" This isn't really for mere creative intentions. I'm really looking forward to this. I don't care what you think, really. I'll try to achieve this to the best of my ability so whoever's right is right, no? I'm really looking forward to making this work. I will just keep trying. As much as I want to boast about my scriptwriting, I'm not that kind of person so I have checked and edited every time. I am truly dedicated to it. Now, in your mind, you're probably just thinking I'm exaggerating and what the ideas actually flowing in my mind look like this:
1355.jpg

I'll continue this and I really appreciate your help. I'll hope to tell my "staff" to add you into the "Special Thanks" section. Sorry if I sound like I'm just kidding myself.

THANK YOU MASTER T!!!! I'll definetely keep in mind.

Heartless1990

(Sorry for the double post!!! My computer lagged so I pressed "submit" twice so I might as well just edit this one for my next post)

Yay! I finally added Cid! He's sort of a large role in the story and I kind of needed him since this game was Final Fantasy so I did what I could to work with my friend on how to incorporate him. I'll give a brief description of him...

Cid
Cid is one of the most helpful people to come along Daisuke's journey. His name is actually ascended from a long list of fathers who share the same name (like O'aka but more useful) but keep the tradition of bearing that name to all their oldest sons; this one is Cid XI. Cid XI always dreamed of being able to reach the skies just as many of his previous generations. Because of his love for the sky, he did what he could to be as close to it as possible and live at the highest point in all the land, Mog Mountains. He had a good relation with Arina who told him her own similar desires. Other than his hardwork on building objects for flight, Cid is actually a wonderful and kind person. His entire crew was composed of Moogles, especially living among them on Mog Mountain.

Now, to understand what Mog Mountain is, you have to understand what the moogles play as a role in the game.

The Moogles
The moogles are a species of small creatures that are capable of human speech. Though they seem adorable for their size and their appearance, they are quite offended if not taken seriously like any other social peer. In fact, moogles are just wonderful businesspeople! They take on many various jobs all throughout the world and though they are not the dominant species, their number is just as great as the human population is. Many moogles originate from the Mog Mountains, which is said to be the highest point in the sky in the entire world. Moogles aren’t too endurable to such environments but they go where business and people thrive to make a living. Though there are many moogles in the world who are capable of working in many business areas, the moogles have become well known for becoming talented historians for their very long life span (which will become useful for any save points in the game just like in FFIX).

Just for fun, which doesn't have much to do with the moogles or Cid, but they still stand out as one of my most beloved Final Fantasy aspects of all time: Chocobos

Chocobos (Kwi ^-^)
Chocobos are the legendary creatures for all kids and wonder-birds of all
herders and travelers. Chocobos look like ordinary giant yellow birds but they are
quite sufficient for many reasons. All people who ever travel, no matter what reason it may be, should at least try and consider thinking of owning their own private chocobo.The chocobos are scattered throughout the world and are said to be impossible to capture, even to herders. However, chocobos have been said to been able to survive any natural atmosphere, whether it is hot or frigid as long as they have some source of food. Out of all things they prefer to eat, chocobos adore gysahl greens, which can lure them into capture. With the fact that enemies cannot keep up with its speed, there is no doubt these fast moving birds can be of use.

Not much background information on Chocobos but I can say they play the same roles as they did in previous FF games.

I'm starting to talk to my friend about "race" in the game. Just like in various FF games, there are more races than just "humans" such as Ronso, or Guado, or Ancient, or etc. I'm wondering if I can make my own. I'm not good with this so I kind of need help on that.

Heartless1990

(15 days since last post so I hope this doesn't count as a triple post -_-)

I have tried my best to edit the "Summons" for the game to the point where they're not completely CHEAP. My friend kept insisting that I do something about it because the Summons have too many PROS and too little CONS that it just makes them cheap to use

PROS
No MP meter
Divinity metter increases by taking damage

[er...need to return to finish POST, please standby]

Heartless1990

_Riku_ said:
Yeah it would all be great-
but dude, do you live in Japan? Sorry but I would never ever play a FF game made by an American... that's just how steroetypical I am...

It sounds cool tho...

No, I don't. Yeah, it is stereotypical, regardless of what your defense may be. So what? I'm chinese. I'm going to get a degree in video gaming and don't think the entire project will be completed by myself alone -_0

Afterall, I'm very intact with Japanese.

But, let's not sound discriminatory shall we? o.o

New2Ya

I'm lost...
All I can say is, why not use RPGMaker XP. You can use scripts there, implementing Moogles and other characters is just a few clicks. The story is so much easier to write etc...
The maps are a lot better to make as well...

Etc...

Plus, even if yuo dont have RPGXP, u can still play the game... (u need a code for that, but you can find it on the internet...)

Right now, RPGXP has been released in US, but you must pay. If you go the illegal way, you download the full english translated version, but that will also mean you are NOT allowed to ask money for your games...

You can ask money if you have the real US version (100 bucks or something)

Heartless1990

New2Ya said:
All I can say is, why not use RPGMaker XP. You can use scripts there, implementing Moogles and other characters is just a few clicks. The story is so much easier to write etc...
The maps are a lot better to make as well...

Etc...

Plus, even if yuo dont have RPGXP, u can still play the game... (u need a code for that, but you can find it on the internet...)

Right now, RPGXP has been released in US, but you must pay. If you go the illegal way, you download the full english translated version, but that will also mean you are NOT allowed to ask money for your games...

You can ask money if you have the real US version (100 bucks or something)

I have RPG maker 3. Just got it...Started going crazy modifying the game. Eh, Guess I'll do my best to use it.

I'm going to limit the summons to only being able to cast their elemental magic. Each summon will only be able to use a basic physical attack or use other commands. I'll give an example of Ifrit persay

Ifrit can use basic attacks if you mash the square button continuously. A comman on the command list will say FIRE. Press X on it and hold onto it. A meter will build. Shortly holding onto X will cast Fire. Holding on a bit longer will cast Fira. Holding until the meter becomes 3/4 or so will cast Firaga. A full meter will cast Firaga on all enemies.

As for Divinity attacks, I still need to tweak that to the battle system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back