• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Eraqus (?) and Land of Departure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes it is a very long stretch, he's not a keyblade master, he's a wizard. Get it? Mickey is the apprentice of a wizard with infinite knowledge

Knowledge of the keyblade isn't bound by only people who've actually wielded one. Sora was not an apprentice of anyone, but his strength and knowledge was gained through the knowledge of his friends. Even Leon was able to give him input on using the keyblade without using one himself. It's all a matter of knowledge

Hmm...I really don't like that, it makes the actual masters seem less important. I'm still more inclined to believe Yen Sid is a Keyblade Master.

Caxm

lol.... There is somthing up with how this all fits and we will probably never guess it

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Hmm...I really don't like that, it makes the actual masters seem less important. I'm still more inclined to believe Yen Sid is a Keyblade Master.

So a master is useless because anyone can teach someone how to use a keyblade? through my assumption, The Master Exam is a form of studies in which one studies the qualifications of what it takes to be a Master. Thus it becomes relevant to express whether someone is truly qualified to wield the keyblade. What better than someone who actually has mastered experience of the Keyblade to test these qualifications. That draws a line between those who teach through knowledge, and those who teach through actual experience.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Yes it is a very long stretch, he's not a keyblade master, he's a wizard. Get it? Mickey is the apprentice of a wizard with infinite knowledge

Knowledge of the keyblade isn't bound by only people who've actually wielded one. Sora was not an apprentice of anyone, but his strength and knowledge was gained through the knowledge of his friends. Even Leon was able to give him input on using the keyblade without using one himself. It's all a matter of knowledge

Knowledge of the Keyblade is VASTLY different than experience with it. Sora gets better with the Keyblade by using it; by gaining experience with it. Yen Sid would definitely not qualify as Mickey's Master who taught him to use the Keyblade proficiently without he himself wielding a Keyblade and being a Master himself. Nomura said each Master has a different philosophy of the Keyblade which, to me, only seems to be able to be gained through experience with its power.

Knowing of the Keyblade and its abilities would get Yen Sid's teachings no farther than "Well, it's a key and can open any lock. It can be used as a sword to slay Heartless and liberate their Hearts." Beyond that, experience teaches the Master how to teach his/her Apprentices. It's like... entering a Calculus class and attempting to explain how to solve a particularly tricky Integral to someone else when you've only seen a basic Integral performed by your teacher and had yet to actually attempt to complete any problems on your own.

Leon's input on using a Keyblade was essentially "Keyblades can kill Heartless, derp. I wish I could use one... Why did it choose you? *emotear*"

Incredible insight there, Squall.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So a master is useless because anyone can teach someone how to use a keyblade? through my assumption, The Master Exam is a form of studies in which one studies the qualifications of what it takes to be a Master. Thus it becomes relevant to express whether someone is truly qualified to wield the keyblade. What better than someone who actually has mastered experience of the Keyblade to test these qualifications. That draws a line between those who teach through knowledge, and those who teach through actual experience.

Knowledge of the Keyblades workings and powers and such should only be kept between those who actualy wield keyblades.

I mean for all we know Leon could have met TAV since he was a little boy in BBS and could have saw them wield a keyblade or Mickey tells Leon about the keyblade later on because we know Mickey met Leon at some unknown time and the two became friends.

But Yen Sid is actualy training Mickey. Only Masters are really qualified to train someone about the keyblade.

Unless Mickey had another teacher than we can only assume Yen Sid is a keyblade master.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Eraqus backwards is "Square like Yen Sid's name backwards is "Disney"

There is more evidence to suggest Yen Sid wields a keyblade.

Anyways I wonder if we will get more magazine scans from Jump Magazine since it is almost morning in Japan.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I mean for all we know Leon could have met TAV since he was a little boy in BBS and could have saw them wield a keyblade or Mickey tells Leon about the keyblade later on because we know Mickey met Leon at some unknown time and the two became friends.
Squall also barely knew anything about the Keyblade, though. His knowledge was very basic, and seemed to be based more off of legend than experience. Completely agreed on the Yen Sid stuff. :3
Eraqus backwards is "Square like Yen Sid's name backwards is "Disney"
I wish people would stop bringing this up. >>; It's said about once every page or two...
Lol Keyblade Samuari whats next Heartless ninjas?

They did Nobody Samurai, too. Maybe there will be an Unversed Samurai and a Heartless Samurai in BBS!?!?!?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Knowledge of the Keyblade is VASTLY different than experience with it. Sora gets better with the Keyblade by using it; by gaining experience with it. Yen Sid would definitely not qualify as Mickey's Master who taught him to use the Keyblade proficiently without he himself wielding a Keyblade and being a Master himself. Nomura said each Master has a different philosophy of the Keyblade which, to me, only seems to be able to be gained through experience with its power.

You're right, no one can teach you how to use a keyblade unless the teacher uses one themself. Kairi is laughing.

Knowing of the Keyblade and its abilities would get Yen Sid's teachings no farther than "Well, it's a key and can open any lock. It can be used as a sword to slay Heartless and liberate their Hearts." Beyond that, experience teaches the Master how to teach his/her Apprentices. It's like... entering a Calculus class and attempting to explain how to solve a particularly tricky Integral to someone else when you've only seen a basic Integral performed by your teacher and had yet to actually attempt to complete any problems on your own.

you realize how flawed this is...anyone can learn by knowledge alone, experience pushes beyond that "i agree", but the fact remains that he is Wizard. Look at Merlin and Arthur, the logic doesn't apply to experience.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
I wish people would stop bringing this up. >>; It's said about once every page or two...

Hey! Did you know Yen Sid was an anagram for Disney?! wooooowwwww! (eleven)

They did Nobody Samurai, too. Maybe there will be an Unversed Samurai and a Heartless Samurai in BBS!?!?!?

There arent any Heartless around the time of BBS

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
You're right, no one can teach you how to use a keyblade unless the teacher uses one themself. Kairi is laughing.
When does Kairi even talk about the Keyblade?

you realize how flawed this is...anyone can learn by knowledge alone, experience pushes beyond that "i agree", but the fact remains that he is Wizard. Look at Merlin and Arthur, the logic doesn't apply to experience.

But what would Knowledge training entail? The Keyblade in untrained hands is naught but a Sword (see: Sora). In trained hands, it becomes a vastly powerful tool for fighting against the Darkness (which, unfortunately, appears to be portrayed as purely evil in Kingdom Hearts) in more ways than simply combat... How could Yen Sid explain to Mickey the joy of wielding a Keyblade, the feel of the steel in your grasp, etc, etc. There are so many things a non-Keyblade Master would be unable to teach to his/her pupil that it just makes little sense for Yen Sid to have been Mickey's combat instructor.

I'm also failing to see the differentiation between a Wizard and a Keyblade Wielder. Who has ever said that one who uses the Keyblade MUST actually strike with it? We've all seen Aqua's gameplay videos... Her style is clearly based around Magic, is it not? Yen Sid could have been similar to this in his approach hence why Mickey in Days' Mission Mode had higher Magic than Strength. He was trained to use Magic more than Attacking... It's not really all that far fetched that Yen Sid has or even had a Keyblade.

There arent any Heartless around the time of BBS

Derp. The creation of the Heartless may be expanded upon, though. We MAY fight some Heartless towards the end of the game. Regardless, the comment you quoted was clearly facetious... I don't think I could have made it more obvious.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Pretty cool lookin guy. His Keyblade looks Killer. I wondered what happened to the guy (Nomura probably have to explain that).

Anyway, I think it is at least possible that Yensid could be a Master. I say this because of the Star Seeker. Mickey had it in his possestion up until he discovered another Keyblade in the realm of darkness. (Then Sora ends up with the Keychain afterwards.)

I'm inclinded to believe Yensid passed it down to Mickey (is that even possible)? I could be wrong, so don't gang up on me...

Each Master seems to have their own way and views of using the Keyblade. The usages, roles, and expectations of the Keyblade might vary from master to master and apprentice to apprentice. But that's just how I see it though.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
lol his name is square backwords, that is a good one. Well tell me if this is a little wrong saying this, but that guy looks more Asian that I thought he would, just saying.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I have no proof to give that Yen Sid isn't a Keyblade Master, and although we do not follow the same logic here, i am still entitled to believe he is not a Keyblade Master. Perhaps he has wielded a keyblade, just as many have, but nothing shows him with a keyblade either. Perhaps someone else taught Mickey how to use a keyblade but as far as strengthening it's use, all i see is Yensid using his magic. The actual thought of a wizard commonly wielding a weapon of strife is questionable itself, as a staff is their suitable choice of extension in any combat. Another thing to acknowledge is giving someone a title in which they do not originate with. If ppl work under a class of Ranks, a title isn't given unless a system of laws allow it to be. Someone can train with a sword all they like, but they'll never be titled as a sword master unless qualifications were made. That also abides to the system that is being used in becoming Master a.k.a the Master Exams. In this case, Yen Sid would have had to have been qualified by other Keyblade Masters in teaching the arts of the keyblade. If that is not the case, then he is not a keyblade master, but simply someone who has the ability to teach it's use.

Last edited:

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I have no proof to give that Yen Sid isn't a Keyblade Master, and although we do not follow the same logic here, i am still entitled to believe he is not a Keyblade Master.

I can dig it. There being no evidence either way, we'll have to wait for it to be confirmed one way or the other. I get your stance and it makes a lot of sense to me. It really could go either way. o-o

I'm really excited, though, to see the different philosophies of the Keyblade Masters around. I'm thinking there will be a trio of Masters (hence one reason I'm thinking Yen Sid would be one), seeing Kingdom Hearts' track record with trios (Sora-Riku-Kairi, Roxas-Axel-Xion, Ventus-Terra-Aqua) and thus I think one will be Light, one Dark, while the third rides the fine line in-between. Xehanort is clearly Darkness. I think Erauqs will be Light and Yen Sid (if he is the third) would be the one in-between. That would explain why Mickey is so enthralled with Darkness and accepts it so readily, even teaching Riku to accept the Darkness while still staying close to the Light. This also goes along with Yen Sid, as he always seemed like more of the logical kind of guy and in-between is clearly more logical of a choice than Light or Dark, as it would be the best of both sides.

*shrugs* o-o

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I can dig it. There being no evidence either way, we'll have to wait for it to be confirmed one way or the other. I get your stance and it makes a lot of sense to me. It really could go either way. o-o

I'm really excited, though, to see the different philosophies of the Keyblade Masters around. I'm thinking there will be a trio of Masters (hence one reason I'm thinking Yen Sid would be one), seeing Kingdom Hearts' track record with trios (Sora-Riku-Kairi, Roxas-Axel-Xion, Ventus-Terra-Aqua) and thus I think one will be Light, one Dark, while the third rides the fine line in-between. Xehanort is clearly Darkness. I think Erauqs will be Light and Yen Sid (if he is the third) would be the one in-between. That would explain why Mickey is so enthralled with Darkness and accepts it so readily, even teaching Riku to accept the Darkness while still staying close to the Light. This also goes along with Yen Sid, as he always seemed like more of the logical kind of guy and in-between is clearly more logical of a choice than Light or Dark, as it would be the best of both sides.

*shrugs* o-o

I have to agree that you make good points as well. Never thought i'd ever debate with someone in a long time. Kinda makes me miss the old days of the KH forums where a battle of intelligence was sometimes common.

Kyte27

Website
www.kyte27.deviantart.com
Can well imagine Yen Sid and Master Eraqus being friends. Talk about the worries on the worlds and so Eraqus gets his three best apprentices while as Yen Sid trains Mickey. Also, wonder if he has relation with old man Xehanort? Watch it being his grumpy father lol

But in all seriousness, its quite a different step on characters. His keyblade is like an old-fashioned key version for the Kingdom Keyblade. I think Nomura is doing all of his best on this game just as KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back