• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MAX GOOF

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I haven't thought about this in ages, but... yeah, Max rules.

While I wish he were in KH, it doesn't really seem like he'd fit in at all at this point. There's nowhere for him to enter the story without mucking things up.

Also, I would totally use a skateblade.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I haven't thought about this in ages, but... yeah, Max rules.While I wish he were in KH, it doesn't really seem like he'd fit in at all at this point. There's nowhere for him to enter the story without mucking things up.Also, I would totally use a skateblade.
earlier ruran suggested goofy starting a family after xehanort's defeat. He would marry and have max as a baby. Since time passes at a different rate, max would be a teenager at the start of the next saga. That could actually work

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If max does appear, I wonder what weapon he should wield aside from a keyblade? A shield like his father, or maybe a sword?

The question would be why would he wield a weapon at all?
Huey, Dewey and Louie also wield no weapons.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Going by that logic the nephews would need to be all magicians.
I don't really buy it, sorry.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Going by that logic the nephews would need to be all magicians.
I don't really buy it, sorry.

I'm not saying he will be a warrior, I'm just saying its a possibility. I'm saying it wouldn't be all that surprising if that was the case. Plus I don't see what else he could be if he is introduced in the series

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not saying he will be a warrior, I'm just saying its a possibility. I'm saying it wouldn't be all that surprising if that was the case. Plus I don't see what else he could be if he is introduced in the series

I won't deny the possibility being there, but what makes you think that Max, especially when he's a character coming out of nowhere that was never hinted at before, gets more special treatment than the other secondary Disney characters already introduced?
What else could he be...hmmm...how about a side character just like the nephews, Horace Horsecollar, Chip and Dale or Daisy are as well. Last time I checked, secondary Disney characters don't get much of a role besides being bystanders.
The only character I can remember that gets more exposure than the average is Scrooge McDuck, and he also gets mainly comic relief (like talking down that Unversed in BBS).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I won't deny the possibility being there, but what makes you think that Max, especially when he's a character coming out of nowhere that was never hinted at before, gets more special treatment than the other secondary Disney characters already introduced?
What else could he be...hmmm...how about a side character just like the nephews, Horace Horsecollar, Chip and Dale or Daisy are as well. Last time I checked, secondary Disney characters don't get much of a role besides being bystanders.
The only character I can remember that gets more exposure than the average is Scrooge McDuck, and he also gets mainly comic relief (like talking down that Unversed in BBS).

I guess the reason and other fans think he will have a large role is because he is one of the most antipated characters so far in the series. Fans have been dying for him to make an appearance. Minor role or major role, don't really care, just wanna see him.

Bow and arrows. Never seen a character wield those before

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I guess the reason and other fans think he will have a large role is because he is one of the most antipated characters so far in the series. Fans have been dying for him to make an appearance.
I wonder about this. Max is pretty far from an iconic Disney character. As far as I can make out, he only exists in the Goof Troop spin-off material, which is notably distinct from the rest of the Disney canon. It's questionable whether Nomura is even familiar with the character.

That's not to say he couldn't or shouldn't put in an appearance, and if the demand really does exist, all the more reason. But I think the general idea behind integrating Disney properties into KH is to take elements and characters which are instantly recognizable for audiences worldwide and reshaping them a little bit, and making them interactive. And, of course, they have to serve a narrative purpose. Given that, I don't imagine that Max is a prime candidate.

Could be a fun little cameo, though, somewhere along the line.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess the reason and other fans think he will have a large role is because he is one of the most antipated characters so far in the series. Fans have been dying for him to make an appearance. Minor role or major role, don't really care, just wanna see him.

Bow and arrows. Never seen a character wield those before

Correction, you want him to have a large role because you want him in the series so badly, but that's not how it works, especially not with how secondary Disney characters have been handled so far and there is close to no doubt that IF Max will even be included that he will be a secondary character.
This is also somewhat news for me I admit, as I have not seen that much demand for this character from many sides. I'm perfectly willing to believe that there is a bigger group of fans who are interested in Max, but it's not to the extent like characters like i.e. Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Mowgli and the "Jungle Book"-cast, the Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Gargoyles, Ducktales (as in Launchpad McQuack and/or Magica de Spell) or Darkwing Duck are anticipated among other parts of the fandom.

*cough*Robin Hood*cough*

I wonder about this. Max is pretty far from an iconic Disney character. As far as I can make out, he only exists in the Goof Troop spin-off material, which is notably distinct from the rest of the Disney canon. It's questionable whether Nomura is even familiar with the character.

That's not to say he couldn't or shouldn't put in an appearance, and if the demand really does exist, all the more reason. But I think the general idea behind integrating Disney properties into KH is to take elements and characters which are instantly recognizable for audiences worldwide and reshaping them a little bit, and making them interactive. And, of course, they have to serve a narrative purpose. Given that, I don't imagine that Max is a prime candidate.

Could be a fun little cameo, though, somewhere along the line.

Exactly this, considering how many other more famous Disney Characters I can think of at a whim that haven't even got a cameo at KH yet, I'm pretty indifferent to the character.

A cameo wouldn't be a large role though, which many of the Max Goof-fans seem to want to have for him.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't recall saying that I want max to be a major character, I'm perfectly fine with him being a secondary one. I even said earlier "major or minor, don't care, just want to see him"

a bow and arrow and a skateboard, that would be one hell of a combination

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I feel like they could totally make something up for Max to have him appear. If I'm right(like I naturally am) then An Extremely Goofy Movie came out before Kingdom Hearts. If this is true, then it would be easy to make Max college graduate age, e.i. and adult. Goofy doesn't say much because he's already over letting his son go off on his own. I honestly wouldn't mind the writers BSing a little to make room for Max.

Like Max could have a job in an office building typing away on his office computer bored as hell. Then Sora, Donald and Goofy could come crashing in through the wall and everyone would be freaking out and then Goofy would see Max and be all like "HIYA MAXIE!" and Max would be all like "Daaaaad..." and then Goofy would say "Gawrsh I'm sorry Maxy I know you don't like to be bothered while you're at work, you wanna come help us fight the heartless?" and then Sora would be like "YOU HAVE A SON?!?!?!?!?" and then Max would realize how boring his life is and then he'd be like "Okay dad let's kick some ass" and Goofy would be like "Heck yeah son I knew I didn't raise you to be a pussy" and they all got on a giant skateboard and rode off into the sunset.

Or something like that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I feel like they could totally make something up for Max to have him appear. If I'm right(like I naturally am) then An Extremely Goofy Movie came out before Kingdom Hearts. If this is true, then it would be easy to make Max college graduate age, e.i. and adult. Goofy doesn't say much because he's already over letting his son go off on his own. I honestly wouldn't mind the writers BSing a little to make room for Max.

Like Max could have a job in an office building typing away on his office computer bored as hell. Then Sora, Donald and Goofy could come crashing in through the wall and everyone would be freaking out and then Goofy would see Max and be all like "HIYA MAXIE!" and Max would be all like "Daaaaad..." and then Goofy would say "Gawrsh I'm sorry Maxy I know you don't like to be bothered while you're at work, you wanna come help us fight the heartless?" and then Sora would be like "YOU HAVE A SON?!?!?!?!?" and then Max would realize how boring his life is and then he'd be like "Okay dad let's kick some ass" and Goofy would be like "Heck yeah son I knew I didn't raise you to be a pussy" and they all got on a giant skateboard and rode off into the sunset.

Or something like that.

since goofy resides in disney castle in the kh universe i dont think he would be a college student. a knight in training sounds far more likely

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't recall saying that I want max to be a major character, I'm perfectly fine with him being a secondary one. I even said earlier "major or minor, don't care, just want to see him"

a bow and arrow and a skateboard, that would be one hell of a combination

Or a skateboard and lance~ 8D

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
To be completely honest I do not really care.

If he's included somehow, great as long as it doesn't muck up the whole narrative and brings unneccessary drama for Goofy, there are more important things to worry about.

If he isn't, no real loss.

What's more important than being a good father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back