• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Melodies of Life -- Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Alizarin

Ali simply admired this beautiful man. Even if she didn’t get a response, this didn’t stop her from gazing at his sexiness. Ali was indeed in the process of about to get a response as she had noticed that Ubi Ty had almost noticed her, but then the very, VERY fugly Blank had tapped her on the shoulder. Even with the loud ruckus being made from the battle and you know..Alizarin’s own loudness, Blank still was able to get her attention.

Tugging her a bit, Blank had got Alizarin’s full attention. Though at the current moment, she was pouting her rocks off, her attention was now Blanks.

Ali listened, and all that she could make out was that everybody needs to get out of here, princess and V are with her, and something about navigating. Alizarin was not good with maps, and even worse she wasn’t a real good leader. This was one of the things that made her confused. Why would Blank entrust her to this kind of responsibility?

Even though Ali didn’t like this responsibility that was put on her all of a sudden, the safety of the princess took full priority, and she actually kind of liked the danger this came with. “Okay, you can count on me.” Ali said nodding as if she was some little girl being handed a big responsibility. Well, she was a girl given a big responsibility.

Alizarin rushed over to the epicenter of the battle.

“So everyone, we gotta get the hell out of here. We have to get the princess through the forest, and into Lindblum. Blank gave me the map to do so. So you know, let’s sca-dootle~”

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
"I'm with Ali. Let's finish this and move." Cid replied to Alizarin.

Cid was adament on finishing this fight and getting Aria to safety. He wasn't too fond of long and drawn out battles regardless of his attitude toward showing off. Another tentacle felt the cold steel of his broadswords before Cid went into a barrel roll and dodging a series of thin needles dripping with poison. A plan was needed with great haste and only one man was good for that job. A daredevil by heart, Cid's plan was probably the most dangerous though it had a chance of being very effective. He made a mad dash toward the nearest and tallest tree he could see. Using his speed and balance, he literally began runnign up the side of the tree as the plant began trying to fill him with poison needles.

The force of his legs were great as he leapt from the tree, soaring through the air like a majestic bird. As soon as he was above the plant, there was a quick sweep of a tentacle that flipped his body around until he facing the plant upside down. This was the plan all along and one could call the young prince a genius at this moment. Not many people could come up with death plans without the death part. "RUNE SABER!" Cid roared as he thrusted his sword downward. A huge magical blade shot forth, ripping the plant open down the middle. Landing in a heroic fashion, Cid sheathed weapons only to have the plant scream and die at the exact same time. "Yes ladies, I am the best." Sometimes heroics were what you needed in time like this.

All of a sudden there was a loud regurgitating sound from the dead plant. It was highly disgusting before little plant monster began hopping out of the rip that Cid had made. Turning back to the plant, the young prince's voice could heard loud and clear, "THE HOLY SHIT! LET'S GO GUYS!" The intiative was taken and Cid began running straight into a clearing that lead way to a tiny drop with three rock pieces jotting outward. Jumping downward, Cid looked back to hear the group literally right behind him. What caught his eye was the simple fact that the grass and leaves were starting to turn grey. He didn't know what was going on but, something was amiss.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Cid was an idiot, regardless of him rushing further into the fight and taking out the plant monstrosity...now they were all in danger. The plant was linked to the forest as it's keeper and with it destroyed now the forest was turning to stone. "Great." They all had to get out of there quickly before things turned more disastrous than they had already become. There was nothing left to do other than escape. Ubi was still an enigma to these people, but could tell they wouldn't mind him tagging along.

Speed was probably a needed skill to more easily overcome the situation before the group which is why the small dragon flew around the group and cast haste upon them all then trailing near Ubi Ty who flipped over Cid and just floated near the drop point. He'd fully taken notice of the one female that had been staring at him since he'd arrived it was just that there had been little time for proper introductions in a heated battle.

"It looks to me like you all have a lot on your hands. Allow me to accompany and help you on this excursion." A sly smile beamed from United as he turned to the woman that commented previously on his muscles. "You don't mind that right...besides maps aside I know the way out of here, let's all keep moving."

Gordon chattered to himself before plopping down on Cid's shoulder once more and looked ahead where Ubi was already running off to. The barefooted reactions of Ubi Ty as he ducked and dashed around the hardening forest were timed perfectly. Each time he leaped or jumped off a petrifying plant or another object it crashed and fell into another one while small spells cleared the path behind that he had not.

"Keep up guys. The fun has only just really started."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"Oh for the love of--" Without waiting for a response, Cara yanked the princess to her, carrying her piggyback, and Cara took off as soon as she assumed Aria was on her back.

"Keep up!" Cara yelled back as she ran past Cid, somehow outrunning most of the party. "Okay, I'm going to jump, just hang on and you might not fall off!" Cara snickered to herself.

Aria froze in place, and immediately shook her head. "Oh, no, please, don't jump, you're quick--" Cara stopped at a clearing, bending her knees as she looked up. "Don't jump-don't jump-don't jump-don't jump-don't jump--AHHHHHHHHH!" Aria's terrified scream was heard loud and clear as Cara leapt high into the air, kicking off several trees to get herself higher. Aria's grip was clawing into her skin, and Cara let out a slightly nervous laugh as they broke through the forest.

"You're safe now." Cara let out the same laugh once they touched ground to safety, and Aria literally scrambled off Cara's back as she landed, breathing heavily as if she had been the one running. "...The rest of the guys will be here any minute." Cara spoke, watching as Aria stood there, shaking. "Are you alright?"

"I...yes...I'm...okay." Aria nodded slowly, releasing the pack she had been wearing around her waist. "I...I'll be behind this rock..." She mumbled as she turned.

I didn't think she'd be THAT scared. Cara shrugged it off and crossed her arms, turning back to the forest. The entire thing was getting petrified, of all things--but what had caused it, exactly?

Aria stepped out from behind the boulder, gown gone and replaced with what looked like something Cara would wear. "Will everyone be alright?" Aria asked nervously, watching the forest.

"I hope so."

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
During the entire series of events that transpired since he was knocked out, V was off in dream land. While others were fighting for their lives (as well as his), the Black Mage was fantasizing in paradise. While everyone ran from the petrifying forest, V got a free ride via Ubi's levitation. Despite being the one attacked and captured in the first place, one could say he was lucky. Quite fortunate to have so many strong and kind allies to help him out in need.

And then he woke up.

"Yaaaaaawn." Thanks to Ubi's quick rescue, V was only inflicted with a minimum amount of sleep-inducing spores. That being the case, he had already gotten over the effects, and started to wake up right there. His first thought was that of the crazy monster attacking him, so V changed from tired to wide awake in a second, shooting up into the sitting position. Two consequences followed this action; the first being his face colliding with a low, petrified branch, causing him to grab his face in pain. The followup to that would be his rear slamming into the ground, falling out of Ubi's levitation.

"Ow ow ow! What the kupo is going on!" He shouted out, confused and irritated. V looked around, only to see the green forest turning...into stone? That couldn't be right...yet he also noticed his allies running for their lives. Dazed and having no idea what the situation had become, V stood up, shook off the the confusion, and dashed after them. He dared not looking back, knowing whatever it is that was behind them, was closing in fast. As he reached the edge of the forest, he jumped out with all of his might, rolling out into the clearing in the middle of everyone else that escaped.

"Hey..." V was sitting on the grass, trying to catch his breath from the startling mad dash. "...can anyone explain to me...what just happened?"

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Alizarin

He talked to me. He talked to me, and not just talked, but addressed me directly.

That spazzing moment when Alizarin lost control of her inner-girl. The muscles on Mr. Mysterious with the cute dragon. Alizarin wasn’t sure how to respond to his response to her admiration of his muscles. Was she to respond in a cool fashion? Or would she totally spazz out and just act like a total girl? It was a tough decision for Ali, but then her impulses took over.

“Um, sure..” Ali said nervously, the jitters going up and down her body. Her hands were shaking from the pure intense nerves that she had from just staring at this beautiful man. “Of course I don’t mind. Lead the way Mr. Sexy Man~”

Before Alizarin followed her new crush, she noticed that V had just awoke from his sleep. She remembered what Blank told her to tell him, and she wasn’t just about to go out on a promise or whatever.

“V-V-V-V” She shouted ecstatically.

She kneeled down to him at eye-level, looking him dead strait into what eyes were viewable, cleared her throat, and put her hand on his shoulder. “BAKU’S GONNA KILL YOU! BAKU’S GONNA KILL YOU!” Her voice came in a loud, yet rhythmic tune as she sang in song as she told V what Blank told Ali to tell him.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Azriel notices the green turning to stone and decides to follow the advice of the others. He first makes a grab for Aria, but he watches as the Princess is carried off by Cara followed by a loud scream that would send every soldier to war. But Azriel just breaks the two swords apart and slides them into their sheaths before he starts running himself. It's at the sight of a large enough rock that he jumps off the ground and through the air as the petrification nearly go him. But he pushes off the rock and flings himself into the trees. He lands on the branch of one that has already been petrified so he keeps his weight light on the impact before kicking himself off. The branch crumbles under his force as he grabs onto another.

For the next several hours, that's what it felt like anyways, Azriel kept this up. He would jump off some branches and just swing from others. But once get finds himself in a stone free area he notices V and Ali on the ground while the girl is singing something to V. He just sighs and yells out, "Get moving, you two! Now!" With that he continues moving through the trees until he lands next to Cara. He may be older than the others, but he's not slower. It's then that he notices the Princess walking out from behind the large rock wearing a new outfit. He smiles his approval and then looks over to Cara. "You made her scream like that, didn't you?"

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
V

One by one, the ragtag team of thieves, knights, royalty, and strangers alike made their exit from the forest. The Prince of Lindblum was the last one to escape, and he cut it quite close too. V's tensed up in preparation to help him, but Cid managed to leap out just as the petrification finished off the forest. The Black Mage remained seated, catching his breath while the others walked by. From behind a rock, Princess Aria emerged, bringing with her a wardrobe change that V approved of. Although the dress was perfect at displaying her beauty and elegance, nothing compared to the natural good looks casual adventure clothes were able to show off. As much as V wished to gaze at her new look, he found himself interrupted by his best friend, Alizarin, though at times he wondered why she treated him so horrible all the time...

As she was singing her merry tune of V's inevitable demise when he next met Baku, he couldn't help be feel a bit annoyed. She was enjoying delivering such bad news to him, and no doubt she was forgetting the important parts of the message. V cleared his throat, having caught his breath from the mad dash, and mirrored her movements by placing a hand on her shoulder before replying.

"Ali, if that's true then..." He paused, shifting his tone into the sing-song voice, mimicking Alizarin from before. "...I'm gonna take you down wi~th me! I'm gonna take you down wi~th me!"

Part in fun, and part serious, V stood up from the ground, assisting Alizarin back to her feet. They may get into arguments, disagree over many decisions, and poke fun at each other all the time, but V didn't see her as any less than his most trusted friend. They grew up together, and V was always ready to assist her, just as he knew she'd come to his aid if needed...most of the time...maybe...

V looked up into the sky, and was taken aback at how dark the sky had become. Away from any civilization, the night sky was illuminated by countless stars. It was one of natures true beauties, something you can't see in its full glory while living in the city. Once again, despite wishing to get lost in thought gazing at something so gorgeous, V had to keep his attention focused on the situation. Seeing everyone had made it out, including the dragon and its owner, V walked over to Cid to talk about the next move, since he had sway over most of the others here.

"Hey, Lil Cid, glad we all made it out in one piece, your old man would kill us if you become a decoration." V joked, keeping a small, and pointless, distance from Cara in case she got angry over his humor. "As much as we need to keep moving, it's getting dark out. The fiends are going to get crazy at night, so I think it's best we set up camp. Sound good to you, Ciddy?"

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
For the time being there was nothing more to be done than relax and prepare for the journey that undoubtedly lay ahead coming the following day. The sky had darkened in the hours that has passed as the rag tag group had been escaping the forest and now that it had come to an end Ubi Ty looked at what stars could be seen above in the heavens. "Its been only a few short hours since I did this last but I love it all the same." He spoke of the shining stars that shined down from the night sky. It seemed that Gordon also felt the same way that Ubi did. The small dragon thumped his tail softly on the grass and cooed. "Looks like another journey is coming among us and another group." The likeliness of an even more ridiculous time than the last proved too much for Ubi Ty to pass up.

"Its settled then, " he spoke to no one in particular but announced his decision for all the group to hear which in turn got Gordon meeping too. "From this point on, I'll take on the greatness of Gaia with you great people." Some kind of sarcasm was obvious in Ubi Ty's tone even though it should have been expected. Not only were both a prince and princess in the ground, they also had a fugitive with a baby dragon, accomplices and other would be called criminals. Ubi could imagine how many problems they'd end up having.

For now, those things didn't matter too much. Ubi was more interesting in what everybody wanted to talk about and about the lovely Alizarin. "So sweetie, what brings you to this neck of the woods?? You holed up with these people that are all up to know good huh??"

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"I assure you, I only did what was best for the Princess." Cara's eyes betrayed her words, and soon enough she ended up giving off a somewhat devilish smile. "...I honestly had no idea that she disliked heights." She shrugged,

"Er, I should pull what?" Aria asked as she held the rope in her hands.

"Just pull." Cara ordered her. Royalty or not, Aria said she wanted to help, but really, the girl didn't have a clue about doing things herself. It must be nice to be so sheltered, but this wasn't the castle--they were the ones responsible for camp. Aria gripped the rope with both hands and yanked just a bit too hard. The old rope snapped and the tent fell apart in a heap on top of Cara.

The princess bit her lip as she watched Cara try to get out of the mess. "Oh, I believe that is incorrect." She pointed out, looking at the broken rope.

"You really think so?!" Cara gritted her teeth as she finally got herself out. "Alright, you can go get some firewood, I'll do this myself, Your Highness."

A very sad look appeared on the girl's face, but she did as she was told and hung her head as she did. The dragoon let out a very exasperated sigh, dusting herself off. It was funny, she never would have dreamed that they'd be in the position they were in. What in the world was Cid thinking? And why exactly was all this happening?

After some tugging and pulling and setting up, the tent was up; Cara crawled inside, making sure everything was secure. The more she thought about it, the more it bothered her. Was she not trustworthy? It seemed everyone else knew the plan except for her. Yes, even the princess. Maybe she missed the memo? Or was it something else entirely? Didn't he trust her?

Maybe not. Cara's face formed a frown, and she let out a semi-irritated grunt as she crossed her legs, elbow on one knee as she laid her cheek in her palm. Maybe he's getting tired of me. The thought in itself made her feel even worse, and she let out a small wail. It can't be! It just can't! I refuse to accept it! She cried to herself mentally as she held her head. It's not fair! He feels the same, doesn't he?! He never hides things from me! We tell each other everything, we do everything together and and and--

But then...why didn't he tell me?

With a small sigh, Cara removed her helmet, scratching her head as she let her hair spill around her. I wonder what I did wrong. She let herself get lost in her own thoughts as she stared at her helmet.

Meanwhile Aria was scooping up every bit of wood possible, throwing whatever she found into a lump. She assumed she was doing an alright job--Cara hadn't come and yelled. Then again, for all she knew, perhaps there was a specific type of wood Cara had meant. But all things burn, don't they, so it shouldn't matter.

After piling up a sizable amount, Aria watched as Ubi Ty made his announcement. Another ally, the thought itself was wonderful in her opinion. She wandered over to Gordon, eagerly petting him. So cute...! Aria immediately picked him up, hugging him as she reveled in its presence.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Shadow flew around Cid's head with frantic joy, bellowing many happy noises like a puppy gaining a new owner. He was quick to snatch the mog out the air and cuddle with it. The love between the moggle and it's master was one of father and child. V's joke distracted Cid from the funtime with Shadow. At first, there was no love between the two from the perspective of the young prince. One could say that Cid was not very trusting of the thief mage. How could feel trust in one who stole from others? One who invaded the homes of others to increase their own gain. It was easy in the case of V since the man was very much a charming individual.

"Yeah your right. I would hate to be eaten by a flan or worse a slow goblin." Cid responded with a slight push to V's shoulder.

All of sudden Ubi Ty made a announcement that he was going to join them. Another addition was not a problem at all. In fact the moer the merrier was quite the beautiful idea to Cid and if it got them to Lindblum faster then he was all for a party. Such a mismatched pair of people could prove to be better then a team of that was made for eachother. Steps were taken toward Ubi Ty before there was a soft pat on Ubi Ty's back. "Glad to have ya aboard. Maybe one of these days I can learn of your journies, my new friend." Cid was glad to have the man along but, his mind was averted to new things. He wanted to speak with Aria for the moment for it had been too long since they last shared a laugh. Not to mention, the things he could think off for him and Cara during the night. Also Azriel would probably have some weird night training in mind.

"So Aria, looks like we caused more trouble for your mother then that time we burned her kitchen down. Hehe I bet you still can't cook a chicken." Cid's grin was wide and his voice was cheerful.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"It's so strange." Aria finally spoke, a small frown on her face. "I never would have dreamed that Tempus would shoot us down like he did." She shivered slightly, hugging Gordon tightly. "We could have all been seriously hurt."

It was strange. Wasn't his duty to protect her? For all she knew, the blast could have killed her, as well. No, her mother wouldn't be happy about this at all. Still, the Regent had his reasons, and while she felt somewhat guilty she knew her mother would never approve.

Aria laugh at Cid's comment and gave a rather haughty look as she released Gordon. "I have improved! Somewhat." The last word was added with a mumble, though Aria's confidence remained. "It couldn't possibly be that difficult. I shall cook and you will see!" She declared.

Reaching for a clasp around her upper back, she heard the familiar lick as her breastplate came off. Sometimes this thing weighs a ton. Cara though to herself as she removed her gauntlets, followed by her leg armor. One by one as escaped the armor she wore every day until she was left with her long skirt and top, and let out a sigh. It wasn't easy running around in armor all day, especially when you don't know what the hell is going on.

That's it, I'm getting to the bottom of this. Cara placed two fingers between her lips and let out a rather shrill whistle. While most wouldn't pay attention to this, Cid would recognize it right away. He'd come. He knew what that meant, but he'd be in for a scolding once he came in. She wanted answers damn it, and she refused to play the fool while everyone else was running around doing whatever they wanted.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Cid laughed at Aria as he heard her say somewhat. He loved poking fun at Aria as it was basically how they communicated. He raised an eyebrow at her admission that she could cook and would show him. For someone so confident and brave, he was rather scared of eating Aria's cooking. There was this one time where Aria had made this big fat meal of rice. Oh it looked so good with it's various sauces and seasoning but, one bite proved that it was too good to be true. It's not a story that Cid was fond of telling since he spent two weeks in bed, sick as a dog.

Suddenly he heard Cara's whistle. It was a whistle she had been using for atleast a year now to call him for their intimate times together. He loved to hear her whistle and it was funny when taught her how to whistle. His mind instantly fell into the many times he had with the woman. "Looks like i'm needed." Cid gleefully stated as he sat Shadow on Aria's shoulder. Quickly, Cid moved into the tent nearby with naughty intent. "So Cara........." Cid's smile faded as he saw the look on Cara's face, "That is not the face of a happy person."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
The dragoon watched as the prince came in, his face immediately falling once he saw hers. He was right, of course; she wasn't happy, and it was written all over her face. Her arms were crossed at that point, a rather tell-tale sign that he was in trouble. At least, as much trouble as he could be with her. "No, it isn't, is it." Cara's blue eyes narrowed dangerously, and she turned to face him.

"I want to know exactly why I seem to be the only one 'out of the loop'." Cara demanded to know, her voice firm. He wasn't going to charm her out of this one, no sir. She wouldn't let him. That and she was still a bit pissed off. Just a bit. Still, her anger seemed to simmer down somewhat as she took a good look at him. Soon enough, without him even doing anything, she fell with an exasperated sigh.

"It's not fair." She mumbled, playing with her hair as she stared at the ground. "Don't you trust me?" She looked up at him, for once completely serious.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Alizarin

Ali could tell. V was mocking her. It was the kind of friendship they had. She’d treat him like shit, and he’ll treat her like shit. But in the end, their friendship was the closest that anyone with eyes could see. By singing along with her..or like her, V pretty much set the bar for when Ali would mistreat him next time. And if he’s not careful, she might just up the anty so bad that he might be ashamed of what they might end up by the end of this back-and-forth mistreatment of each other.

“Oh V~” She said in a rather girly tune. Her eyes almost lighting up with glee.

As her playful side decided to come out, it soon shut down and her rather nervous, and smitten self came out when Mr. Sexy Man AKA Ubi Ty addressed her. He asked her what brought her to these neck of the woods, and how the bunch she’s with isn’t exactly the nicest group of people. Alizarin knew this. She wasn’t no idiot. She knew that the Tantalus were a bunch of thieves and she was one herself.

Gripping her Ninjato, Ali stared at Ubi Ty as she tried to not to faint. "Well, it’s true that these guys aren’t exactly saints of the holy, but I’ve been wuith the Tantalus Troupe since I was a young teen, and they never steered me wrong..“ She said just looking strait at him, right at his wonderful abs,

She gathered herself after telling him, and then Ali raised a question for him. “What brings you on this journey?” She asked. “And, also…” She gave him a stern look. “What’s your name?”

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Cara was angry at him and she had right to be. He completely hid a plan to kidnap a princess with the help of a notorious group of thieves which could have ended up with him dead. You know, when said in one's head then he could see just how bad it looked. If there was thing Cid knew 100% then it was the fact that Cara wasn't going to stay mad at him for long. No matter how hard she tried, no matter what she said, Cara couldn't possibly keep her anger directed at the most beautiful prince in the land. Cid let a smirk run across his face as he crawled further in.

His butt was planted firmly beside his royal protector before putting his hand on her head. He ran his hands through her hair and decided it was best to just tell her why. "Look I trust you. I always have but, it was best if you didn't know. I just felt you would be safer if you didn't know. Come on now, you barely like Aria and i've always known that. You would have tried your hardest to stop me and keep me from telling my pops." Cid's head hung low as he spoke the last few words, "I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Now she looked like the bad guy. It wasn't like she didn't have a good reason. Still, as he ran his hands through her hair, she couldn't help but get all wishy washy as she laid her head on his shoulder. He was completely right, though. She probably would have stopped him, done whatever it took to make everything go wrong. He was wrong about one thing, though.

"I don't dislike her." She muttered. I'm jealous of how close you two are. She couldn't bring herself to admit that part, let alone go and verbally admit it. It was dumb, really, but she didn't like it at all and she wasn't about to pretend everything was okay.

"Well, whatever the reason, I have to protect you." She told him, somewhat getting back her voice. "And...whatever it is that you're doing, you already know I'll follow regardless. No matter what the order, I must." Of course it was much more than that, but she didn't have to say it, did she? "This group...Tantalus. They're simply a bunch of thieves; my services as well as the other man's--" She referred to Ubi Ty, obviously. "--will prove to be of better use."

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
"Protecting me is what your best at and always have been." Cid responded in a cheerful tone. His head leaned on to her's and he kinda nugged her just for fun. There was never a feeling that she liked Aria but, she never truly gave him reason to why she would dislike Aria. It was just a vibe that he got from her from all the time he spent with her. He was probably just judging things wrong from his perspective which usually a jolly, non-paying attention one. Cid just let the issue go because it was no use having a talk about something that wasn't an issue in the first place.

"If my dad can trust Tantalus then you should be able to. That V guy is pretty fun. Definantely the accomlished actor if he can match my abilities." His left arm was lifted and placed around Cara's waist, holding her gently, "Also you know nothing about the new guy. Nice that he helped us though so, I guess we can trust him but, I got more trust in V and Ali then Ubi Ty." Cid took his other hand and brought Cara's face up to eye level. "Ya services are more needed then anyone else's, I can tell you that much." Cid's lips touched Cara's for a small kiss, "One day you should let me protect you."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

Crawling onto his lap, Cara's face finally matched Cid's jubilant expression. She got herself as close as possible to his face, being able to count every eyelash. She smiled a bit, obviously in a bout of hopelessness as she pressed her chest against his. Batting her eyelashes, she placed her head on his shoulder, face turned to him as she whispered in his ear, "You're forgetting, I'm the knight in shining armor. You're my prince."

She drew back and tilted her head to the side. Come to think of it, Azriel had mentioned something similar, too. Was she slipping? Was that why suddenly everyone was assuming she needed to be protected? Shaking the thought off, she grinned at Cid again. That was just silly. She was capable. Right? Right!

"Maybe one day." She admitted, tapping his shoulder lightly. "You're going to have to do a lot to get to that point. Think you can do it?" It was stupid, but how could she say no to that face? It was like resisting the urge to breathe--it was, simply put, impossible.
[/LIST]

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
You know Cid wasn't one to fall for a single female. He was the guy that the girls warned you about around town. He was the type of guy that would leave the park with girl and then go to a play with the girl's sister. No one was good at keeping him settled and that's how he liked it but, things just didn't feel the same as he looked into Cara's eyes. The two had been together since he first returned from his travels and training at the ripe age of sixteen. Since then, more and more Cid had became less active with the women. It was not to say that his skills were getting bad but, it was feelings getting in the way of things.

He laid backwards against the rough tent floor. No matter how you made a tent, you could still feel the floor somewhat. For a moment, Cid admired Cara as she sat onhim. If one was to name the many thoughts running through his mind then they would probably get some very nasty looks. Within no time, Cid brought Cara down with him and their eyes still connected. A bright and big smile took form on the prince's face before speaking joyful. "Who? Me? You forget that I can do anything. I'm the greatest prince alive."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back