• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MKV to AVI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Yeah, anyone know any real good video converter that can convert MKV to AVI? I been through enough to know there are rarely any.

Help?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
well if you can get it to .flv first you can then convert that to .avi

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Why? Nothing comes to mind that would require this conversion. MKV is the better format anyway.

CCCP
VLC
Either one works fine. Stop using WMP or the ilk.

Well if you have a DVD player that reads Divx, that would be a good reason to convert MKV to AVI. Well from my findings, there is nothing that I had luck with. I tried to do what other forums were saying but it did not work. So what I did is... I got ConvertXtoDVD and then I converted the dvd files to avi with WinAVI Video Converter. The quality was not reduced at all. I have all of Death Note in .avi files except 3 of the episodes. They were in .mkv format. So since I can fit about 26 of the 37 episodes on one dvd, thats why I had to convert the .mkv files. I agree with SE because the quality is fantastic but there are no dvd players that read .mkv files. So I hope this helped. Just ConvertXtoDVD and the use WinAvi to convert to AVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back