• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

more kh 358/2 days translation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilspirite_xiv

hi everyone i was planning to arrange all the days translation but it will take so long but now
i have part 78 i got it from livejournal credit goes gold panner & roter himmel special thnx to hcb-chibi Tonberry Central - Reference post that is FULL OF SPOILER 8D :embarassed: hope u enjoy for more spoiling just press on the link

Part 78:
Everyone is in that white meeting room.
Xemnas: Xion has dissapeared again.
Xaldin: Do we know her direction?
Xemnas: Xion is no more than a mere replica doll
Luxord: Doll? What does that mean?
Saix: a doll is a doll.(bastard)
LOL AT DEMYX SITTING SO LAZY hahaha thats how i sit
Xigbar: He's talking about the replica plan.
Demyx: What's that? (demyx ilu)
Xaldin: request the detailed explanation of the replica plan
Xemnas: With the shards of memory of the power of the keyblade user (my grammar fails)we made a copy for our plans. we collected them in castle oblivion, it was one of our plans. but, with vexen's death the plan was *blurry* changed. vexen's death was something outside what we had planned for. furthurmore, the *blurry: free will?* that this replica Xion held was not in our plans
okay, saix says something very blurry which i think means 'we didn't know the replica had free will when we were in castle oblivion'
Saix: isn't that right, Axel.
UH OH.
Axel: ....
Xemnas shakes his head. 'I can't think of any big ehcoes of the doll's movements affecting our plans. But... it doesn't mean we can let Xion, who knows our secrets, stay at large.
Roxas: What does that mean--??
Xemnas: Axel
Axel looks up.
Xemnas: Because Xion has definitely *blurry*, bring her back. it's your fault for letting her escape. I don't care what kind of wounds you have to inflict to make her lose. if even only alive and functioning.
Xaldin: Bring back the deserter?! It'd be fine to destroy her! (Damn ihate Xaldin)
Saix: She's not a deserter. She's a broken research doll.
Xemnas: It's good then? Axel.
Axel is silent.
Xemnas: that is all.
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Xaldin: it's sweet to bring her back... too sweet.
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Demyx: So that Xion was a doll...
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Xigbar: Jeez... it's gotten to be such a hassle.
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Luxord: Without letting those at the bottom know anything...?
NINJA SMOKE BOMB (yeah, youre number ten, you don't get told stuff) Axel looks like he's gonna be sick or something DDDD:
Saix: Axel. The order is absolute.
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Saix: What's the matter, Roxas. Hurry up and face your mission.
Roxas: Xion... isn't a doll or something.
Saix: You wouldn;t expect a doll to be added to the organisation.
Look at these seats. We started with 13 members.
NINJA SMOKE BOMB
Meanwhile, somewhere else...
Axel summons a portal.
Roxas: Axel! Maybe it's better that Xion doesn't come back to the organisation. Do you really... intend to listen to Xemnas' orders?
Axel: I'll be killed if i don't.
Roxas: Then... at least, try to bring her backk safely...
Axel: that depends on Xion, doesn't it. Roxas. Xion is dangerous.
Roxas: Dangerous...?
Axel: Has the power returned to original?
Roxas: Not yet... ...how long have you known about Xion?
Roxas: You mean... you knew all along about Xion, and hid it from me?!
DONT RUN AWAY YOU BLOODY MONGREL WASTER
NNNNG
Roxas is now playable. GRR.
(Reply to this) (Thread)

Go to agrabah. Goes in a cave...
Roxas looks at a weird silver thing and wonders what it is. Heartless appear; Roxas is worried. he fights.
Roxas: What am I doing... getting this desperate... what is the organisation doing? What are they trying to do? ...and about Xion... I don't understand a thing... but-- the thing I understand least of all is, *blurry blurry blurry* >:/
More fighting, running.
Roxas: For what reason am i returning to the castle? It it necessary to go back? And from now on... will i continue to go on missions for the organisation, not understanding at all? Do I go back for that? It's not just about the organisation and Xion. I don't even know about myself. What am I? What is there to me? Is it related to where I am? Where I am... Axel... Xion...
HE CRIES?! DDDDD: and puts up his hood. Awww DDD:
RANDOM MICKEY. wtf ominous music. A man in black is also there. It pulls back teh hood... MICKEY DOES A NINJA FLIP BACK lololol and draws his keblade! It looked so much like a lightsabre there XDD
It's Ansemu! Or so it seems.... he puts on a blindfold, aaaand... he's Riku! Mickey was shocked.
Mickey: Riku...!
Riku: Your majesty
Mickey: I was worried the whole time, what happened?
Riku: The whole time, while i was looking for a way to defeat my own darkness, i waited for sora to wake up
Mickey: The way you looked before...
Riku: don't worry about me, i'm fine. because I've grabbed a way to control the darkness, like now.
mickey: I guess there's some kind of problem with Sora's memories?
Riku: since the battle in castle oblivion, watching the movements of those guys, the numbers of nobodies have decreased. it wasn't because they have a weak system. at castle oblivion those guys scattered sora's memories, there was nothing but to *blurry* to the last. Time to *blurry* sora's memories was necessary.
Mickey: Certainly, I also have been keeping an eye on the organisation's movements, but there wasn't anything of note. rather, they're buying time...?
Riku: yes. Their goal is sora's memories. Until now, it was time in order to absorb sora's memories. Thanks to them, sora's memories are still not all gathered. Because important memories of Kairi are missing.
Mickey: I'll also help take back Sora's memories with you!
Riku: Leave that to me, your majesty. No, Mickey. Instead of that... there's something i'd like you to do.
Mickey: Something you'd like me to do?
Riku: From now on, I'll have to fight members of the organisation. Maybe I'll lose, and maybe, I'll be swallowed by darkness. If so, when sora... and donald, and goofy wake up, mickey won't be able to *blurry: avoid??* sora any more.
Mickey: Riku...
Riku: Please, Mickey.
Riku: When Sora and the others have woken up, I want you help them.
Mickey: Got it.
(Reply to this) (Parent)

day 355: words that dont reach

Roxas wakes up in bed. He sleeps in that coat?
Roxas: Xion... replica plan...
DUDE. this text box gets skipped so fast, i had to use major ninja skills to read it. FEAR MY PAUSE POWERS
Roxas: Xion was a doll made in order to copy my power, the keyblade's power. And then Xion disappeared from the organisation. Axel couldn't stop Xion either... Axel probably knew about Xion the whole time, and hid it from me. Xion and I are special nobodies... Xion is a replica... a doll. And I am? Am I a doll like Xion? Xemnas was saying that Xion and I have lives connected to 'sora'. What is 'sora'? I... What the hell am I? Axel... like he knew about Xion, does he know something about me that he's hiding from me? ........
He leaves his bedroom.
Player runs to Axel in the lobby...
Roxas: ...Axel
Axel: Yo, Roxas
Roxas: ....
Roxas: Did you find Xion?
Axel: It's not like i'd find her that easily, right?
Roxas: Oh, ok...
Roxas: Did you know about Xion... from the beginning?
Axel: ......... ...not from the beginning.
Roxas: from when?
Axel: Well... when was it now... i've forgotten.
(AAAH YOU STUPID HEAD)
Roxas: You'd do well to memorise stuff like that. Axel... what am I?
Axel: .....
Roxas: Xion and I are special nobodies.
Axel: ...
Roxas: But, the organisation was trying to kill me, wasn't it?
Axel: Yeah... that's right.
Roxas: My power... the power of the keyblade was made into a copy, Xion, so I wasn't needed anymore?
Axel: ...
Roxas: You were thinking the same thing, right?
Axel: No, you're wrong. We're... best friends.
Roxas: If we're best friends, then tell me what you know! What am I? Xemnas said that Xion and I were connected to 'sora'! What is 'sora'! Am I the same as Xion?!
Axel: You and Xion are different...
Roxas: Well--
Axel: If you know the truth, not everything is for your sake.
Roxas: Why are you saying that--I know that! I want to know about myself! Why am I here? is there something special about me? Why can I use the keyblade? Aren't I allowed to know about myself!
Axel: Roxas...
Roxas: Please tell me, Axel... what--am I?
Axel: Please believe me, Roxas
Roxas: I can't believe you... anymore.
Axel: Roxas
Roxas: I want to know about myself. What i am... and why I was born. Once I know, I...
(Reply to this) (Thread)

In his own bedroom... he looks at the winning stick ;______;
Roxas: I... I want to know about myself. There's no reason for me to be here anymore.
he leaves his room DDD:
Player controls roxas, you fight nobodies O___o and meet saix
Saix: it'd be a trouble if you could go out whenever you wanted.
Roxas: I haven't got anything to say to you.
Saix: then let's *blurry* this conversation.
Saix and Roxas fight...
Saix: Ugh... my power still doesn't quite cut it.. kingdom hearts... . give me power...
OMG THIS SCENE
Axel: So you've decided?
Roxas: Why did the keyblade choose me? I want to know.
Axel: You'll turn your back on the organisation?! You won't survive becoming the organisation's enemy!
Roxas: No one'd be sad.
Axel: I'm... sad.
mission complete. >:/

day 356: duty
Namine: I wanted to meet you. Xion.
The two girls sit down for a chat.
Xion: Namne, can you see my face?
namine: yeah
Xion: What should I do?
namine: what do you want to do?
omg, namine drew the cutest picture of axel xion and roxas.
Xion: at first, i thought i always wanted to be with roxas and the rest. but now, my memories-- no, these aren't my memories, are they.
Namine: You're not sora, or Roxas. You're the kairi in sora's memories.
Xion: remembering memories, I have to return to my original place... how can i return?
Namine: Return to sora, right? if you give those memories back to sora, you will disappear. in return for the memories you hold, you are connected to everyone through memory. So, once you've disappeared, no one will remember you.
Like no one saw that coming -_-;
Namine: Not even with my power can I stop the joining of the shard of memory that is you.
Xion: I'm already ready, so I came to see you. really, Roxas has to come back together with me, doesn't he. But... I think it'd still be hard for Roxas.
naime: because roxas still can't feel sora...
Xion: Namine, once I've disappeared, please take care of Roxas for me. I also asked other people to look after him. I can't return... to Roxas.
Namine: I understand
Xion: thankyou...
Namine: Then, let's go... to sora
DiZ teleports in.
DiZ: Namine, it's no good! the organisation has noticed! They're coming here!
DiZ: This doll lead them here! And so you believe this doll...!
Xion: I'll do something!
Namine: Wait! Xion!
(

Xion is in front of the mansion.
Axel: It's always me who gets the horrible tasks.
Xion: Axel.
Axel: Xion. What are you going to do.
Xion: I'm only going to return to the place I ought to.
Axel: In the beginning, I also thought that would be the best thing to do. But, now I'm kind of hazy. If you can't do one thing, there's something.
Xion: But this is for everyone's sake.
Axel: Don't say such a selfish thing. The whole fucking lot of them.
Xion: this is fine.
Axel: You'll disappear!!
Xion: I won't go easy on you. Axel.
Axel: Lay off it!! You bitch. Don't make a fool of me! I've decided! No matter how many times you guys go to run away, I'll come and bring you back!
Inside the castle.
Axel is carrying Xion.
Axel: ...you're so much trouble... ....
He faints. D: oh no!! saix comes and takes Xion away.

day 357: return

Hanyer: Olette! Pence! Hurry!
Olette: Wait!
Hayner: The last one knows, right! They have to buy the ice cream!
Pence: Huh! Agaaaain?
Hayner: If you don't like it, hurry up!
They run off. Roxas was watching.
Roxas: Friends... .... I think I'll try and go to... the clock tower...
He runs there...
OMG HE LOOKS SO FRIGGIN SAD ON THERE
Roxas: Where should I go... I don't know.
Xion appears.
Roxas: Xion!
She gives him an icecream.
Roxas: Thx.
Xion: Soon, I have to decide. My power will overflow soon. Like water... now, my memories are full of things i got from you. how do you see me now? If my face is that of a different boy, that means I-- am going to reach completion as a doll soon. Roxas, this is... sora.
She looks like sora. she walks on air...
Xion: From here, I must swallow your body. It's the reason I was born.
She turns into a weird thingy and they are in alice in wonderland land?
Then they're in a differet world... halloween town?

Xion's monologue after Roxas gets knocked out by Riku:

Roxas, don't be sad
I was born from you and Sora
I am you, I am sora
My memories haven't disappeared,
They've become one with yours
We're returning to Sora

And then Roxas wakes up in his new life. And when he's running, he thinks:
Roxas: The beach! We all still haven't gone together, have we?

OMFG

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
you gave too much of your own opinion dont you think?

I've come across that Livejournal page, since I'm always looking for opinions to those who know the Japanese (however, that was a bit yaoi induced >.>). It's not evilspirite_xiv's opinions, by the way. It's Goldpanner's.

State

Awards
What a great translation!
Anywho, Xaldin's personality, from what I've read, looks different in this game.
In KHII he was a member that only did damage when needed, but in Days, he seems to like danger even if it damages the organization.

evilspirite_xiv

[SIZE="5"]everybody this translation is not mine its for gold panner i just copy it so everyone can read it
i didn't do anything
[

State

Awards
[SIZE="5"]everybody this translation is not mine its for gold panner i just copy it so everyone can read it
i didn't do anything
[

Wait, did you copy and pasted the translation here, or did you wrote everything from the site?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait, did you copy and pasted the translation here, or did you wrote everything from the site?

Obviously copy and pasted. Especially since goldpanner's comments are still in there.

Don't know how anyone would rewrite all that o.o.

Unless they were really, really bored. Hmm...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
o//////o

First of all! That was done on the fly, a real rush job, for a friend. There's heaps of mistakes in there, she just wanted to know quickly! So don't get too picky about it, please. Bittermeat and I are doing much better ones.

Second of all! If I had intended to show lots of people that post, I would have kept all my 'yaoi induced' comments out. Those comments weren't just my random opinions--they were directed at roterhimmel, a fellow fangirl. Be assured that I do my utmost best to be proffessional when I'm translating for real.

State

Awards
o//////o

First of all! That was done on the fly, a real rush job, for a friend. There's heaps of mistakes in there, she just wanted to know quickly! So don't get too picky about it, please. Bittermeat and I are doing much better ones.

Second of all! If I had intended to show lots of people that post, I would have kept all my 'yaoi induced' comments out. Those comments weren't just my random opinions--they were directed at roterhimmel, a fellow fangirl. Be assured that I do my utmost best to be proffessional when I'm translating for real.

No one hinted nor mentioned the grammar errors in the translation anyways.
>_>
First of all:
Chill.
Take a seat.
Have a cold drink.
And.
Correct the errors.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No one hinted nor mentioned the grammar errors in the translation anyways.

>_>
First of all:
Chill.
Take a seat.
Have a cold drink.
And.

Correct the errors.

I know no one did, but still, those things aren't really something I'd want people to look at and go 'that's goldpanner's work', you know?

Better versions of them will be done when bittermeat and I get up to that part. I'm not going to go watching all those youtube videos again because the writing is blurry and the person who recorded them skips the text boxes too fast.

CavitaZero said:
What a great translation!

Thank you ♥

canito_q

What a great Translaotion, Goldplanner!
xD
So, does Axel really say ''fucking'' and ''bitch'', cause it would be really cool that KH gets more... I don't know, it makes it more epic.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What a great Translaotion, Goldplanner!
xD
So, does Axel really say ''fucking'' and ''bitch'', cause it would be really cool that KH gets more... I don't know, it makes it more epic.

Well, he is very very rude in Japanese. So he does not literally use a word that translates directly to 'fucking', or 'bitch'... just incredibly rude speech forms, inclusing a dirty word for 'you' which I translated to bitch (cause bastard is for guys?).

When I was translating the scenes again, making the subtitles used on the videos HEARTSTATION, bittermeat said we had to make it PG even though he was being rude. The official translators won't make him swear anyway!!

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I'm confused...What day is part 78?

EDIT: Nevermind...

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, he is very very rude in Japanese. So he does not literally use a word that translates directly to 'fucking', or 'bitch'... just incredibly rude speech forms, inclusing a dirty word for 'you' which I translated to bitch (cause bastard is for guys?).

When I was translating the scenes again, making the subtitles used on the videos HEARTSTATION, bittermeat said we had to make it PG even though he was being rude. The official translators won't make him swear anyway!!

What were some other things he's said that were very, very rude? Now I'm seriously curious since you said he's like that a lot in Japanese xD.

He's really rough and crude with Xion, I noticed (not that it isn't very surprising, as I don't consider the friendship between them as strong or that strong as the bond Roxas has with them individually. If it wasn't for Roxas, truthfully, Axel would not have bat an eyelash for Xion). Which is a change, considering he at least tries to be patient with Roxas when his temper starts flaring. Here it's like he didn't attempt it at all. He was mad even before he came in.

I'm starting to feel some Axel love because of this. I don't know, it makes him much more appealing and attractive when he's so rude and insulting xD. He's all, "Rawr!". So much bleeping out the words would come out of this if it was here (wouldn't be shocked if the English just took them out altogether, and replace them with cheesy stuff like "Oh darn!" >.>. Didn't they change Sora's words to Saix, which was suppose to be something like "I'm going to kill you!", to a lame "You-!"?). Of course, this connects to the fact that I also enjoy that he speaks in slang (and how translators, at least those just barely grasping it, sometimes complain about it), and that someone compared his way of talking and all to that of a "Brooklyn accent". Or New York dialect. I'm guessing if you really take what he says, it would be more like Bugs Bunny speaking: "Jumpin' without a parachute? Kinda dangerous, ain't it?"

Axel is definitely from the street. That, or, well, a typical badass city boy. One of those two.

Do any other Organization members add something rude like that?

I wish I could understand Japanese T-T.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What were some other things he's said that were very, very rude? Now I'm seriously curious since you said he's like that a lot in Japanese xD.

He's really rough and crude with Xion, I noticed (not that it isn't very surprising, as I don't consider the friendship between them as strong or that strong as the bond Roxas has with them individually. If it wasn't for Roxas, truthfully, Axel would not have bat an eyelash for Xion). Which is a change, considering he at least tries to be patient with Roxas when his temper starts flaring. Here it's like he didn't attempt it at all. He was mad even before he came in.

I'm starting to feel some Axel love because of this. I don't know, it makes him much more appealing and attractive when he's so rude and insulting xD. He's all, "Rawr!". So much bleeping out the words would come out of this if it was here (wouldn't be shocked if the English just took them out altogether, and replace them with cheesy stuff like "Oh darn!" >.>. Didn't they change Sora's words to Saix, which was suppose to be something like "I'm going to kill you!", to a lame "You-!"?). Of course, this connects to the fact that I also enjoy that he speaks in slang (and how translators, at least those just barely grasping it, sometimes complain about it), and that someone compared his way of talking and all to that of a "Brooklyn accent". Or New York dialect. I'm guessing if you really take what he says, it would be more like Bugs Bunny speaking: "Jumpin' without a parachute? Kinda dangerous, ain't it?"

Axel is definitely from the street. That, or, well, a typical badass city boy. One of those two.

Do any other Organization members add something rude like that?

I wish I could understand Japanese T-T.

I see mikeneko is on, I'll bet she's going to ninja me XD

He was being very rude at that point in time, because he was really angry. He doesn't use that particular rude word for 'you' all that often... I think he just blew his top. But, he always speaks disrespectfully, even to superiors, which I found odd since he's meant to be maniplulating, not annoying them.

I both love and hate his slang. If I speak it out loud I can usually get what he means, but often the forms he uses aren't found in dictionaries and it takes prior knowledge to work it out. It never translates well to English, at least not on paper, because really, we use our accents or our tone to express the same things.

Not being an American, I'm not sure what the Brooklyn thing means, but if it's somewhere a little rough, then yeah XD

Demyx, on the other hand, speaks with slang, too... but it's different. In my head, his voice sounds like a higher-pitched Daigo. Demyx's speech is a bratty, too-cool-for-himself teenager.

Xaldin uses old-style rural slang. Which surprised me, because it's the dialect of the area I studied in, which made it useful for something! XDDD (I always imagine Xaldin speaking like a real Queensland ocker, like using Strine, but that's me XD I get it, i get it. English Xaldin is American ;___;)

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

He was being very rude at that point in time, because he was really angry. He doesn't use that particular rude word for 'you' all that often... I think he just blew his top. But, he always speaks disrespectfully, even to superiors, which I found odd since he's meant to be maniplulating, not annoying them.

I both love and hate his slang. If I speak it out loud I can usually get what he means, but often the forms he uses aren't found in dictionaries and it takes prior knowledge to work it out. It never translates well to English, at least not on paper, because really, we use our accents or our tone to express the same things.

Not being an American, I'm not sure what the Brooklyn thing means, but if it's somewhere a little rough, then yeah XD

Axel should get angry more often *wiggles eyebrow suggestively*. Kidding. But I don't know, I'm seriously fine with him being disrespectful and rude. It kind of fits his whole imagery, if that makes sense. Or at least makes him more of a bad boy type. Girls love that xD. It makes me think that he really was a street kid. I mean, if he was brought up...well-mannered, we wouldn't be getting half the things he says. But I love his slang ^o^. And a "Brooklyn accent", well, the best example I can give, that you can search anyway, it's Bugs Bunny, like I said, Three Stooges, and Al Pacino or Robert De Niro. It's more New York dialect. Not that strong, though. But I wouldn't really know.

How would you translate one of his lines with the slang present?

Demyx, on the other hand, speaks with slang, too... but it's different. In my head, his voice sounds like a higher-pitched Daigo. Demyx's speech is a bratty, too-cool-for-himself teenager.

Xaldin uses old-style rural slang. Which surprised me, because it's the dialect of the area I studied in, which made it useful for something! XDDD (I always imagine Xaldin speaking like a real Queensland ocker, like using Strine, but that's me XD I get it, i get it. English Xaldin is American ;___;)

That makes me think Demyx is quite young. But, man, oh man, this is interesting stuff. I'm really going to haul my butt over and learn Japanese. This completely loses its meaning when translated into English, it's sad. It really emphasizes their differences. Then again, it is quite hard. I don't know how Demyx would sound if in English (though I think they got him right, he did sound kind of bratty and eccentric in his English version. He had some some sort of way of speaking too). But, if Xaldin is rural, does that mean, he would speak more in a country accent if he was American? o.o I get so excited with things like this.

I know Luxord speaks politely somewhat, or, in, how you say, rhetoric. I like the fact that he had a English accent =3. Xigbar, they got him to speak surfer dude like slang, lol. It made me think "mid-life crisis!". I hope they keep him calling Roxas "Kitty" x3. I know Zexion is extremely polite and whatnot, so that's no news.

Marluxia...pfft, he probably sounds like some royalty or something. Unless I'm wrong.

What would be Larxene's? Though I guess I can guess...

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Axel should get angry more often *wiggles eyebrow suggestively*. Kidding. But I don't know, I'm seriously fine with him being disrespectful and rude. It kind of fits his whole imagery, if that makes sense. Or at least makes him more of a bad boy type. Girls love that xD.

Ohh I know. That scene where he blows up at Xion. Just. Rawr. There's lots of interpretations of Axel, but I always think of him having his sharp, manipulative skills brought up on the streets.

And a "Brooklyn accent", well, the best example I can give, that you can search anyway, it's Bugs Bunny, like I said, Three Stooges, and Al Pacino or Robert De Niro. It's more New York dialect. Not that strong, though. But I wouldn't really know.

ohhh like a gangster, kinda? But not like rapper-gangster. I mean like... mafia gangster... I don't know ahh

How would you translate one of his lines with the slang present?

Erm... being unimaginative, I use swear words. As if he was peppering his sentences etc. with 'freaking' etc...? If you give me an example I can try ^^;

That makes me think Demyx is quite young.

YES. he talks seriously like the kids I went to school with.

But, man, oh man, this is interesting stuff. I'm really going to haul my butt over and learn Japanese. This completely loses its meaning when translated into English, it's sad. It really emphasizes their differences. Then again, it is quite hard.

Yeah, it is sad. And hard. That's why i admire translators so much; they have to make really tough decisions, and they know what's missing, but there's no way to explain things to the audience. I mean, me on my little LJ can leave translation notes, but movies, videogames and manga can't come with a huge list of translation notes!! In Japanese, soooo much of a person is expressed in the way they speak. It's so haaard ;___;

I don't know how Demyx would sound if in English (though I think they got him right, he did sound kind of bratty and eccentric in his English version. He had some some sort of way of speaking too).

I haven't heard his Japanese voice, actually. So I don't know how close it was. But his english voice made him sound so much dorkier than I imagined. I mean, he is a dork after all. But... his speech is way cooler. He would be a popular kid or a delinquent in high school, definitely not a nerd or an outcast.

But, if Xaldin is rural, does that mean, he would speak more in a country accent if he was American? o.o I get so excited with things like this.

Ahhh... I'm not sure. Not that stereotypical dumbass country bumpkin, but maybe.... rough? and unrefined? Kind of old-fashioned? XD

I know Zexion is extremely polite and whatnot, so that's no news.

Zexion's politeness translated makes him sound like a sarcastic snob. But he's seriously just being polite! XD

Marluxia...pfft, he probably sounds like some royalty or something. Unless I'm wrong.

Marluxia often uses a personal pronoun that reminds me of the royal 'we', actually XD I don't think it's meant that way exactly, but he's definitely posh.

What would be Larxene's? Though I guess I can guess...

Well, Larxene uses a lot of slang. Very cutting, short snappy slang. And yet, she then tacks on a girly, pretty 'wa' on the end of her speech. It's very distinctive.

Mikeneko

goldpanner said:
I…I thought about it! I figured you were going to reply soon, so I managed to restrain myself, but yeah… My cousin noticed the sheepish grin on my face when I read that. XD
goldpanner said:
Xaldin uses old-style rural slang.
Does that explain the “ten years too early wa” ? He’s talking about Sora in Final Mix, and suddenly there’s this “wa.” Axel uses it sometimes, but it struck me as really weird coming from Xaldin. ^^

One thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of the Org members (Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Luxord, and Marluxia, at least) use shortened negatives, like “wakaran” for “wakaranai.” In anime, it usually seems to be old men and warrior types who talk this way. It comes across differently based on their individual speech patterns and personalities, though...Xaldin sounds rough and manly, Vexen more old-fashioned and eccentric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back