• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Music] MIA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HADOUKEN!

"British vocalist, record producer, songwriter/composer and visual artist. She is a Tamilian of Sri Lankan descent. Best known by her stage name, M.I.A., her work in music often features a range of elements of genres."
-Wikipedia.

Paper Planes is one of the best songs i've heard in a while.

Her style is a mix of dancehall, electro, grime and world music. haha
who knew it'd be so great :]

MySpace.com - M.I.A. - Sri Lanka (via), London and South East - Other - www.myspace.com/mia

Krys:]]<3

lankanlion

I love MIA! I've listened to her music and it really is an eclectic beat I can't resist. I'm always on the lookout for great Lankan artists - one guy I've been following is Delon - a Sri Lankan American rapper who raps about peace unity and justice. We Strugglin is just an awesome video about our people's struggles in Sri Lanka. If you're into MIA, you'll like Delon, like I do. I found him in his myspace page -- MySpace.com - DeLon - LOS ANGELES, California - Rap / Hip Hop / Latin - www.myspace.com/delonrap.

Also find him at DeLon: New Revolution in Hip Hop and Rap Music - Home.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
some guy on youtube said:
I wonder how much pot that girl smokes a day?
I lol'd.
But anyway, paper planes is pretty good.
At first I found her annoying as hell, but i'm starting to like her more and more.
^this.

Denki-Kurai

Most of my friends find her annoying after hearing her song "Boyz"
I on the other hand really like her. Her music makes me wanna go crazy...kinda like im on a sugar high.

lankanlion

Yeah, I loved M.I.A. -- past tense --- but have you guys seen this "gruesome footage"? Apparently M.I.A. is rumored to be advocating terrorism in her songs with tiger imagery and all that stuff. Her paper planes song was reworded by delon and used to diss her....Now I don't know what to think of this. View the video and see for yourself. What do you think?

Ceylon Records - News

People are going crazy and talking about this..it's insane
M.I.A. accused of terrorist imagery, Interscope sued :: Culture Music News :: Articles :: Paste

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Paper Planes is the only song I've heard from her.

And from what you guys are telling me, I don't think I'll listen to any of her other songs =/

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
MIA was undoubtedly the best rapper on the circuit up until her forced retirement.

She got her visa taken away lol. So, uh, she was forced to make her Bonnaroo performance her last. It's a damn shame, too, since Kala was probably the single best hip hop album I've ever heard (after Endtroducing, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back