• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[music] Nirvana +[Come As You Are]+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HADOUKEN!

"The Legacy of Kurt Cobain is that of a Legend"

no one can deny his impact on the 90's movement.
he was leader of an entire generation; generation x
no one can deny his greatness; even if they don't like him.
nevertheless;
he lives on by his fans and his music. :]

agreed
?

"Cobain is now often remembered as one of the most iconic rock musicians in the history of alternative music."

Everyone knows who Kurt Cobain is; does everyone know who you are??

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Kurt Cobain is not the heart of grunge or the leader of a movement. Kurt Cobain was a white trash junkie who could barely play guitar. Dave Grohl and Chris Novoselic carried that band and were the only real talent in it.

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
I believe that Kurt Cobain was the heart of grunge. He could barely play guitar? Last time I checked he was considered the 12th best guitarist in the Rolling Stones magazine.

He's the reason that grunge was popularized, and to further parody the ignorance of those to his lyrics, he sang "In Bloom". Smells Like Teen Spirit was/is a masterpiece, as well as some of his other works like Come As You Are, Lithium, Rape Me, All Apologies, Heart-Shaped Box, and You Know You're Right.

I don't believe he was the only great grunge singer, because that would be counting out Eddie Vedder, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, and Buzz Osborne, who are great grunge singers of their own respective bands. (Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and the Melvins.)

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
yup. I agree.
He was a great musician.

Only if he were still alive....... *sigh*
he would have countless grammys/ double-platinum albums, all his concerts would be sold out, ectect.

Nirvana = epic band.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
he would have countless grammys/ double-platinum albums, all his concerts would be sold out, ectect.

Because grammys and high album sales totally make for a good band.

If Cobain hadn't offed himself, he probably would've fallen through with his next album, or maybe the one after that. Because, honestly, In Utero was a pretty lame album.

Awards
He could barely play guitar? Last time I checked he was considered the 12th best guitarist in the Rolling Stones magazine.

I could learn to play every song on Nevermind perfectly in three hours.

Cobain was NOT an intricate guitarist.

HADOUKEN!

yup. I agree.
He was a great musician.

Only if he were still alive....... *sigh*

He would have honestly hated that.
he hated fame and he hated being "big"
even though thats all he ever dreamed about growing up.
he liked the smaller club scenes and going day through day scrounging for money and drugs.
haha. thats one reason why he supposedly "offed" himself.
he hated his fans D:
most of them anyways.

HADOUKEN!

I could learn to play every song on Nevermind perfectly in three hours.

Cobain was NOT an intricate guitarist.

Its true that his songs aren't difficult.
haha hell, even i can play smells like teen spirit.
its not about the intricacy of the guitar playing tho.

he was a guitar genius and a feedback master.
he put chords together like no other.
he gave his guitar a voice with feedback.
his lyrics and music were passionate and you can really feel the anguish he put in it.

you don't have to be like slash or tom morello to create beautiful passionate music.
you can be simple.
like Kurt.

Last edited:

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
He would have honestly hated that.
he hated fame and he hated being "big"
even though thats all he ever dreamed about growing up.
he liked the smaller club scenes and going day through day scrounging for money and drugs.
haha. thats one reason why he supposedly "offed" himself.
he hated his fans D:
most of them anyways.

I thought it was for different reasons. It seems that grunge has that pattern of wanting to be underground, take Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam as a major example. The band didn't release a music video after the controversy that came from "Jeremy" until "Do the Evolution".

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
he was a guitar genius and a feedback master.
My Bloody Valentine was better.

he put chords together like no other.
Talking Heads were better.

his lyrics and music were passionate and you can really feel the anguish he put in it.
There's actually very little anguish put into his music. The only real emotional tracks he managed to squeeze out were Polly and Rape Me, everything else is just mindless soft-LOUD grunge tactics that he layered over with some clever wordplay.

I do like Cobain's lyrics, but he really doesn't deserve all the attention he got.

HADOUKEN!

I thought it was for different reasons. It seems that grunge has that pattern of wanting to be underground, take Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam as a major example. The band didn't release a music video after the controversy that came from "Jeremy" until "Do the Evolution".

haha yea, that too :]

he didn't want to be a leader of generation x either D:

HADOUKEN!

There's actually very little anguish put into his music.

anguish; it probably wasn't the right word; i'd say emotion?? idk...sumthing in that sense...

The only real emotional tracks he managed to squeeze out were Polly and Rape Me, everything else is just mindless soft-LOUD grunge tactics that he layered over with some clever wordplay.

he sang about everything that affected him in someway.
his depression is basically what fueled his songs.
it may not seem emotional to you at first glance.
but you're just not looking deep enough.

[yea, his wordplay was clever =D]

but he really doesn't deserve all the attention he got.

he never wanted the attention in the first place!!
the reason why he got so big was cause the major corporations put him out there on a shelf for the masses.
they used him to sell out [same with what converse is doing now D:]

so...

thats how he got all the attention he got. :D

most of the people just liked his songs; they didn't care about the messages he was trying to send.
they just thought he sounded cool.

ilykc<33

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
he sang about everything that affected him in someway.
his depression is basically what fueled his songs.
it may not seem emotional to you at first glance.
but you're just not looking deep enough.

Oh man, I hear the same thing about Foo Fighters. And I laugh, just like I'm laughing now.

anguish; it probably wasn't the right word; i'd say emotion?? idk...sumthing in that sense...

Do you mean whining? He did whine a lot.

he never wanted the attention in the first place!!
the reason why he got so big was cause the major corporations put him out there on a shelf for the masses.
they used him to sell out [same with what converse is doing now D:]

Doesn't matter if he didn't want it, he still got the attention.

The reason he was put on the shelf and marketed to the masses was because the masses enjoyed his music. Or rather, they enjoyed Smells Like Teen Spirit. You can't possibly villanize the record company for trying to make money off of an artists who has a contractual agreement with them.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Or rather, they enjoyed Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Pretty much what I meant about not liking their fans. They download the singles off of Limewire and buy the merchandise, that's it. Obviously there are a lot of people that own an album by them lol. But most of their fans are under 20 and not really that bothered ... from my perspective, anyway.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I strongly agree with Kid A.

And feel that the way that Nirvana is viewed by most of our generation has been largely shaped by the 'tragedy' of Kurt Cobain's suicide. It seems to have overridden the music. Or the music is viewed within a skewed context because of his suicide e.g. claiming the lyrics are a deeply emotional reflection of his inner anguish- lol ....

HADOUKEN!

The reason he was put on the shelf and marketed to the masses was because the masses enjoyed his music. Or rather, they enjoyed Smells Like Teen Spirit. You can't possibly villanize the record company for trying to make money off of an artists who has a contractual agreement with them.

haha yea, thats true =]
it is his fault that he got so big.

And feel that the way that Nirvana is viewed by most of our generation has been largely shaped by the 'tragedy' of Kurt Cobain's suicide. It seems to have overridden the music. Or the music is viewed within a skewed context because of his suicide e.g. claiming the lyrics are a deeply emotional reflection of his inner anguish- lol ....

i see what you're saying, i'm sure that most of his "fans" never even heard of nirvana until they heard of kurt cobains suicide. Sadly, his suicide has overridden the music. D:

but other fans honestly get his messages and enjoy his music for what it was, not the suicide. True, not every song has an emotional message or even a message. some of his music is just him "whining" about his stomach pain and his marriage to courtney. but the ones that have meaning are often overlooked.

Pretty much what I meant about not liking their fans. They download the singles off of Limewire and buy the merchandise, that's it. Obviously there are a lot of people that own an album by them lol. But most of their fans are under 20 and not really that bothered ... from my perspective, anyway.

I pretty much agree with your perspective. most are like that. the lame ones anyways =D

so this is what i got out of our conversation; the perspective of the KHI.

overall, everyone knows who nirvana is. most people never heard of it till either [his suicide] or [smells like teen spirit came out]. the fans who became fans afterward are the ones downloading singles and buying merchandise and parading around as tho they get what he was saying. they annoy people, therefore making nirvana look dumb.

pretty much right?

not everyones like that; i'm pretty sure most people are tho; they make us look bad.
]:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back