• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MX + Terra's memories = Apprentice Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas.

All right here's a short idea on what I believe on who Apprentice Xehanort really is. As you recall Nomura said in his latest interview,

"I want you to watch out how Master Xehanort connects to Ansem's apprentice, Xehanort that we see in KHII."

This gives us a huge hint. You can be with his comment or againt his comment (maybe Nomura's trying to trick you thinking MX would be Xehanort but it really would be Terra) but that isn't the point of what I'm going to explain.

There's been talk about Master Xehanort taking over Terra's body. Where would this lead Terra's heart? Would his heart be attached to Master Xehanort's when they formed Apprentice Xehanort; sort of how the same process went for Kairi? Or...

Would Master Xehanort's heart would kick Terra's heart out of his body thus leading Terra's heart into a into the Realm of Darkness similar how Xehanort did to Riku?
Note: To also add in the scene where you see Sora meet LS I belive is no more than the Realm of Darkness; not Sunset Horizons. Terra's memories play a part of the background seeing how this is what he has left of his heart (aside from the dark memories of MX); his view on the last battle on Sunset Horizons. This also explains how Terra's heart changed into a form of his armor. If we see a scene of KH: Final Mix Riku is in the Realm of Darkness but at this point he has lost his body and just as a heart. Why can't this be the same towards Terra as he is also in the Realm of Darkness?

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix - Riku in Darkness (Translated)
Riku shown as a heart after he lost his body to Xehanort's Heartless.

We first look at Master Xehanort's heart that was released when Apprentice Xehanort released his (MX) heart thus why his heartless looks similar towards Master Xehanort. Not only that but both of their obsession with darkness as similar hand gestures as well. No one in the series other than those 2 have the same type of hand gesture such as the famous, "Claw". No coincidence.

And in both official artworks of the KH Series compare Xehanort's Heartless towards Master Xehanort. Their chin, facial structure looks exactly alike. If you remove Xehanort's Heartless' hair you get a replica of Master Xehanort. The only difference is Xehanort's Heartless appears much younger and he has orange eyes as opposed to Master Xehanort's amber eyes.

Does every heart need a vessel to go along with it? Of course not. We have seen Xehanort's Heart wandering around for 9 years till he finally took a vessel (Riku's). Could the same have applied for Terra?

What I believe is the Lingering Sentiment is the heart of Terra. Were parts of the memories of Terra were split in half? I believe the process within Kingdom Hearts that Master Xehanort summoned ended up splitting Terra's memories from on the LS and onwards to Apprentice Xehanort. The dark memories stood within the Lingering Sentiment while some memories of Terra stood within Apprentice Xehanort (which shows us why Xemnas is looking for Ven and Aqua). It doesn't mean Terra is Xehanort. I believe the memories of Terra affected Master Xehanort's heart while in the vessel of Xehanort giving him the appearence of Terra while having Master Xehanort's heart with him. This is why Apprentice Xehanort has the similarity of both Terra and MX.

Also, along with the "friend" Terra's memories play a role on Xemnas/Xehanort's actions. Master Xehanort may be the reason why Xemnas knows why Ven is located in the other chamber (Xemnas, Xehanort, and Master Xehanort all the same person under Terra's 'half memories', and Master Xehanort's heart while the dark memories stood with LS)..the real Terra; his heart.

Also hence in a screenshot Master Xehanort was showed with Ven entering or exiting what looks to be the Chamber of Awakening. This may be the reason why Xemnas know it's whereabouts..Castle Oblivion or how he found that castle in the first place. It's an influence from Master Xehanort seeing how your nobody also takes on your personality from your somebody.

PS: Just to answer if MX' heart got out of his body wouldn't that make a heartless? No it wouldn't. Apprentice Xehanort didn't create the heartless through the natural process till a year later after TAV + MX & Vanitas were gone so it wouldn't apply to MX turning into a heartless. We see Ven like how Kairi was in KH1 in a scene where it seems as he lost his heart. Emotionless, pale face. His heart must have left his body but seeing how there were no heartless at the time it wouldn't come to being.
- And Ven is not a 'Beings with Pure Light'. That still applied tonly o the Princesses.

A possiblity nonetheless.
Flame, flaws, etc.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Seems like a very possible idea. About the only thing that doesn't seem right the claim that there is evidence of Master Xehanort taking Ven to the Chamber of Waking. The features surrounding the two of them in that picture don't seem to match up with the chamber from the trailer (that looks like what one might expect the Chamber of Waking to look like). It looks more like Master Xehanort was taking Ven to the Land of Departure, but the Chamber of Waking.

I do have some questions about this theory though. If Master Xehanort's heart possessed Terra's vessel and contains most of the memories of both Master Xehanort and Terra, then whose interest is each of Xehanort's forms acting in? Does Xehanort act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest? Does Ansem SoD act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest? Does Xemnas act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest? I ask these questions for several reasons, but primarily my curiosity is that if Master Xehanort's heart is removed from the equation, then doesn't that just make Xemnas Terra's vessel, and if so wouldn't it be accurate to reason that Terra's vessel would act on Terra's interests?

Vanitas.

I do have some questions about this theory though. If Master Xehanort's heart possessed Terra's vessel and contains most of the memories of both Master Xehanort and Terra, then whose interest is each of Xehanort's forms acting in? Does Xehanort act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest?
Mainly on Master Xehanort but seeing how Xemnas got Aqua's armor can indeed hint that Apprentice Xehanort had a bit of a personality of Terra's because I believe Xehanort got Aqua's armor before he became Xemnas.
Does Ansem SoD act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest?
Master Xehanort due to the heart. Apprentice Xehanort has MX' heart thus why his clothing is similar and hand gestures are similar to him as well.
Does Xemnas act in Master Xehanort's interest or in Terra's interest? I ask these questions for several reasons, but primarily my curiosity is that if Master Xehanort's heart is removed from the equation, then doesn't that just make Xemnas Terra's vessel, and if so wouldn't it be accurate to reason that Terra's vessel would act on Terra's interests?
Indeed. But seeing how Xemnas was still evil despite without MX' heart something tells me he doesn't act on most of Terra's personality basewise.

But there seems to be a scene where Xemnas touches Roxas' shoulder in KH: 358/2 Days that Terra did very similar to Ven in Radiant Garden in BBS.

BladeofHearts18

Vanitas. said:
Does every heart need a vessel to go along with it? Of course not. We have seen Xehanort's Heart wandering around for 9 years till he finally took a vessel (Riku's). Could the same have applied for Terra?

wasn't this xehanort's heartless without a vessel wandering for 9 years until he found riku? how can it be xehanort's heart if he becomes a heartless. i mean, i get the heart wandering thing, but his heart doesn't possess riku. xehanort's heartless possesses riku. Dogwut other than that. great theory. all of it pretty much makes sense and it fits in nicely.

Vanitas.

wasn't this xehanort's heartless without a vessel wandering for 9 years until he found riku? how can it be xehanort's heart if he becomes a heartless. i mean, i get the heart wandering thing, but his heart doesn't possess riku. xehanort's heartless possesses riku.Dogwut
No, it's Xehanort's heart. Remember Xehanort's heartless said he didn't even go through a normal transformation of a heartless. He said himself he was an existance of a heart as stated in Ansem Report 12, I believe.

And Xehanort's heart possesses Riku. That is the reason why Riku didn't have a nobody. His body was preoccupied with Xehanort's heart after he kicked Riku's out of his own body.

BladeofHearts18

No, it's Xehanort's heart. Remember Xehanort's heartless said he didn't even go through a normal transformation of a heartless. He said himself he was an existance of a heart as stated in Ansem Report 12, I believe.

And Xehanort's heart possesses Riku. That is the reason why Riku didn't have a nobody. His body was preoccupied with Xehanort's heart after he kicked Riku's out of his own body.

so pretty much Ansem SOD still had a heart. so why would he be called xehanort's heartless then? but i do remember where ansem SOD said he didn't go through a normal transformation of a heartless, and his heart still existed. and i still don't get how xehanort's heart possesses riku. shouldn't it be his heartless that possesses riku? EDIT: i see now. since his heart is still there even after the transformation, it seems that his heart possessed riku because his physical form wasn't there. but how did he get a physical form in the first place, looking like MX? it says that his body has perished. but it also says that he hasn't taken the form of a heartless. so i am guessing his physical appearance came from MX?

Last edited:

Vanitas.

so pretty much Ansem SOD still had a heart. so why would he be called xehanort's heartless then?
It's an ironic name.

Heartless but heartless have hearts. They are just covered in darkness. Kind of like
nobodies yet they have a body but they are missing a heart while the heartless is missing the body.

and i still don't get how xehanort's heart possesses riku. shouldn't it be his heartless that possesses riku? riku doesn't get a heartless because riku doesn't lose his heart in the process. can you please explain?
It's really the same thing to be honest. The only difference here is Xehanort didn't go through a transformation like his apprentices; a normal transformation of a pureblood heartless. He kept his sense of self and kept on a form. We call him Xehanort's heart because he said he is an existance of a heart in the Ansem Reports but he can still be called either way. He's just a special type of heartless.

Leper Messiah

Okay. You made so many points it's hard for me to concentrate on the main idea...
So, you are saying Apprentice Xehanort is:
1) MX's body, soul, and heart + Terra's memories
OR
2) MX's heart + Terra's body and soul.

Sorry, I know it's dumb question, I'm just slightly confused.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
To also add in the scene where you see Sora meet LS I belive is no more than the Realm of Darkness; not Sunset Horizons. Terra's memories play a part of the background seeing how this is what he has left of his heart (aside from the dark memories of MX); his view on the last battle on Sunset Horizons. This also explains how Terra's heart changed into a form of his armor. If we see a scene of KH: Final Mix Riku is in the Realm of Darkness but at this point he has lost his body and just as a heart. Why can't this be the same towards Terra as he is also in the Realm of Darkness?

Certainly sounds possible.

That may not necessarily be true. Sure, a heart can survive for a time without a vessel, but, eventually, I think it would need a vessel to prevent it from being devoured by darkness. Look at XH for example: When he wrote in the last few ARs, he stated that there had appeared to have been no change, which, I would think, implies he still looked like a human. However, nine years later, XH first appears as nothing more than a brown cloak, as if his physical appearance had been deteroirating.

(which shows us why Xemnas is looking for Ven and Aqua).

I really doubt Xemnas is looking for Ven and Aqua.
His interests were more directed toward himself and his goals. Plus, I don't think that wouldn't fit in very well with the emotionless bastard's character.

Master Xehanort may be the reason why Xemnas knows why Ven is located in the other chamber

Xemnas doesn't know if his other "friend" is in the CoW nor has he ever stated it might be or if that is why he is looking for it. Xigbar merely suggested the other "friend" might be in it.

BladeofHearts18 said:
so pretty much Ansem SOD still had a heart.

No, more like he was the heart.

so why would he be called xehanort's heartless then?

The people who called him such believed him to be one.

and i still don't get how xehanort's heart possesses riku.

XH entered Riku, was able to overpower Riku's heart, and eventually ejected Riku's heart from the vessel.

shouldn't it be his heartless that possesses riku?

The darkness acts as a sort of body for the Heartless, so I don't think they could enter a person's body whenever they feel like it.

but how did he get a physical form in the first place, looking like MX?

His physical form is the form his heart projects. Kinda like with Sora while he was a heart and with Riku while he was just a heart in the RoD.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Vanitas. said:
Mainly on Master Xehanort but seeing how Xemnas got Aqua's armor can indeed hint that Apprentice Xehanort had a bit of a personality of Terra's because I believe Xehanort got Aqua's armor before he became Xemnas.

Xehanort seems to indicate that the Keyblade was something unfamiliar to him, so I don't think Xehanort came across Aqua's equipment until after becoming a Nobody. That's just my opinion though. It's possible that Xehanort just wrote the reports to throw people off his trail, so he pretended he was unaware of the Keyblade.

Vanitas. said:
Indeed. But seeing how Xemnas was still evil despite without MX' heart something tells me he doesn't act on most of Terra's personality basewise.

Well Terra and his whole "staining his heart with darkness" conflict he faces in BBS doesn't exactly make him the most outstanding protagonist in the series. Couldn't Terra's questionable morals/behavior and the influence being a Nobody has on his character be enough by themselves to explain Xemnas' personality?

OmniChaos said:
That may not necessarily be true. Sure, a heart can survive for a time without a vessel, but, eventually, I think it would need a vessel to prevent it from being devoured by darkness. Look at XH for example: When he wrote in the last few ARs, he stated that there had appeared to have been no change, which, I would think, implies he still looked like a human. However, nine years later, XH first appears as nothing more than a brown cloak, as if his physical appearance had been deteroirating.

Xehanort's Heartless didn't say that he experienced no change when he transcended to solely a heart. What he said was that he did not experience the typical change that most individuals do when they undergo a Heartless transformation. Clearly though, he did experience some type of change even if it wasn't a typical change. And characteristics of Xehanort at the time when he transcended to solely a heart are currently unknown.

Vanitas.

Xehanort seems to indicate that the Keyblade was something unfamiliar to him, so I don't think Xehanort came across Aqua's equipment until after becoming a Nobody. That's just my opinion though. It's possible that Xehanort just wrote the reports to throw people off his trail, so he pretended he was unaware of the Keyblade.
I agree. Xehanort was unfamilar with the Keyblade. If he wasn't he most likely would have obtained his Keyblade by then; seeing how there has been hints that he's a possible wielder. Why else would they show us who was Apprentice Xehanort before he changed his appearence. The possiblites are Vanitas, Terra, and MX. They all have Keyblades so it wouldn't make a different who Apprentice Xehanort is. We don't know if the Keyblade is completely gone from you forever (unless your heart turns out to be weak) but seeing how Xehanort came up with the strongest heartless and strongest nobody this would indicate he does have one of the stronger hearts in the KH series.

He wouldn't pretend he was unaware of a Keyblade. The Keyblade is significant towards him and thus having one would make him a stronger.

And then there's a sign how the Chamber of Repose with Xemnas having Aqua's armor and Keyblade down there can be nothing more than a mere illusion.
Well Terra and his whole "staining his heart with darkness" conflict he faces in BBS doesn't exactly make him the most outstanding protagonist in the series. Couldn't Terra's questionable morals/behavior and the influence being a Nobody has on his character be enough by themselves to explain Xemnas' personality?
Well, we have seen a good hero go bad. Riku in KH1, but looking at multiple scenes from Terra. It doesn't seem like he's the type of 'evil' guy unlike Xehanort. Even at the Secret Ending of KH2FM Terra is still with Ven, and Aqua. He still cares about them and wants to protect them. Why else would he go against MX and Vanitas?

Darkness doesn't necessarily mean you're evil.

"You can't save Ventus or Aqua."
"I'll never forgive you for this, Xehanort."
"Yes, let your heart be stained by darkness."

To me it seems like Terra is the Sora type of protecting his friends while using the darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back