• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My first shot at a theory: Master Xehanort and the Darkness Soldier

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
As in the title, this is my first shot at a theory, or at the very least, my first thread created just for the sake of a theory. Or a fanfic theory, as some might see it.

A rough summary, and one that isn't entirely true, is that Master Xehanort is a Nobody and the Darkness Soldier his Heartless. Or rather, a special Nobody, and special Heartless, that stretches the definitions to be both under their categories, but also outside of it.

The spark for this emerged when I was remembering the notable acronyms from Xehanort's name, with the 'x' taken out, of course. We're left with:
Another
No Heart
A Throne
Tan Hero

All of which I think are at least partially true, if not in the instance of both Master Xehanort and Xehanort, then just Xehanort. Keep in mind this might stretch certain definitions and known facts that this would be considered a fanfic theory more so than a regular one. So, on with the actual theory:

I'll first start by thinking about his more than I need to, and avoid the assumption that Nomura first developed Xehanort, and then for Birth By Sleep made up Master Xehanort, instead going for things in chronological order. This theory begins at a time after Master Xehanort recieved his Keyblade.

His original title was Master, but his name was not the same. He was conducting experiments and the like, when eventually he got bored of the mundane things, and moved on to studies of the Heart, Body and Soul, something that was probably taboo at the time. In these experiments, higher or equal authorities didn't allow Master Xehanort his own test subjects, so he did most of his experiments on his own body. In one of these, he found he could extract his Heart from his body without dying.

After perfecting the process of extracting his Heart, he found that exposure to Darkness gave the Heart a physical form, which Master Xehanort eventually refined into a human-shaped body, with slight alterations, such as an abnormally shaped and sized head (by my opinion, given the size of the helmet of the following character), this was the Darkness Soldier. Further experimentation allowed Master Xehanort to remove his Heart from his Body and Soul without the need of any instruments, and then to even give it physical form too.

Now I want to move use back to what we know about Nobodies, briefly, or rather, the humanoid ones, and to be more specific, the ones in Organization XIII. We can assume that in their human forms, with their Heart, Body and Soul, that they were not much more than normal human beings. Yet with their Heart lost, they are able to perform the spells, attacks, and physical feats we see them doing. Losing their Hearts, it seems, made these Nobodies stronger than their Somebodies, rather than weakening them. I believe the same might hold true should an already powerful and gifted being lose his Heart, ie, Master Xehanort.

And so done with the experiments on Hearts and Darkness, Master Xehanort moved on to the other side of the spectrum, Hearts exposed to Light. For this, he used the earlier process of extracting a Heart without killing the main host, but with the Hearts of regular people, him now knowing he could conduct such experiments without death, and he could even return the Heart to see the effects of those experiments. The earliest tests did nothing to change the Hearts, except that exposing the Heart later to Darkness would take longer for it to collapse and cease to exist (no Heartless formed). Then the the concept of Beings With Hearts of Pure Light caught his attention, both in the properties of these Hearts and these people, but also what exposing them to Darkness might do.

In searching for the BWHoPLs, Master Xehanort assumed another identity to go by, Xehanort, the acronym of which minus the 'x' being appropriate for two of the possibilities. Coming closer and closer to the BWHoPLs, Master Xehanort also started to hear about Kingdom Hearts, a Heart far greater than those he had already experimented on, and likely greater than that of the BWHoPLs. Eventually, his search for Kingdom Hearts and the BWHoPLs began to have negative impacts on those he came in to contact with, usually Master Xehanort being willing to do anything to further his goal of obtaining knowledge, and quite likely power as well.

And so Terra, Aqua and Ven were sent after Master Xehanort. They don't pertain to my theory in any way, save for a little bit at the end.

Here's where things get a little fan-fiction-ally. Master Xehanort feels a natural attraction to Kingdom Hearts because he's the rightful heir to that Kingdom, or he at least believes he is. I mean, personally, it's got to be called Kingdom Hearts for a reason. A thing to note, is that in the two Kingdom Hearts we've observed so far, but only one of them being natural, there was no sign of an actual King in their, except for Mickey, but he's a King for other reasons. Master Xehanort's seeking to be the King of Kingdom Hearts is where I believe the 'A Throne' acronym comes from. He also probably believes he's doing the right thing, like being on a holy quest or pilgramage, and I'd say his skin is at least Tan colour, so that's where the 'Tan Hero' acronym comes from.

And so Birth By Sleep progresses, with Terra, Aqua and Ven seeking to stop Master Xehanort and the Darkness Soldier, and with the latter two trying to forward their goal of reaching Kingdom Hearts, and to also stop the former three.

Then we get to the final battle. Unlike in other encounters, Terra, Aqua and Ven are more skilled, and have that nifty armour protecting them. Master Xehanort decides to take no chances, and seperates the Darkness Soldier from him. This is where that thing I mentioned about Nobodies being stronger than their Somebodies comes in to play, by seperating from the Darkness Soldier, Master Xehanort becomes stronger.

The battle happens, and Terra, Aqua and Ven get the crap beaten out of them, then Master Xehanort and the Darkness Soldier ascend atop a rocky pillar to the Cardiacal Moon of Kingdom Hearts in the sky, the clouds of which Master Xehanort had parted only seconds ago. I do not believe Master Xehanort summoned or unlocked Kingdom Hearts, I think he just revealed it, like it was resting their hidden, but through his actions, aided by his knowledge, he reveals it.

Just before entering Kingdom Hearts, Terra's final attack (that's what I reckon it's going to be. Can't be much else, can it?) hits Master Xehanort, doing some massive damage. Inside Kingdom Hearts, Master Xehanort, lacking a Heart, has an attraction to all the Hearts around him, just waiting to fill that empty space inside of him, and being weakened by Terra's attack, it's hard for him to stop them from filling up that space, so he brings the Darkness Soldier back inside him. With the effect of Kingdom Hearts exerted on Master Xehanort, the two are locked back together, permanently. With Terra's attack done, and Master Xehanort now weaker as his Somebody, he is very close to death.

Here's where I have no idea what happens, and I won't explain it either. Basically, I think Master Xehanort tries what he might to heal himself, but it fails. Then he tries reverting his body backwards, un-aging it. For a few seconds, this seems to work, healing his wounds. Then, Master Xehanort starts forgetting some of the recent events that have happened to him, the reverse-aging process happening both physically and psychologically.

Eventually, the strain of such a process is so much, that the being left behind, at Xehanort's age, is basically devoid of any special knowledge, except for things that everyone knows, like speech and emotions and how to eat, excrete, etc. In a subconscious effort to regain his lost knowledge, Xehanort learns at a fantastic rate, eventually wanting to repeat the experiments he did a few years ago. Shit happens, Xehanort dies, the first Heartless and Nobodies are formed through his death, and that's that, for ten or so years.

When Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless are defeated, some how they rejoin in Kingdom Hearts as Master Xehanort, and he comes around as a major enemy in KH3.

So, state your opinions, find flaws, errors, holes, flame, whatever.

Captain Yoyo

i think thats very good, a little fan fic'y , but one of the best i have seen
i expecially believe that end bit , how he tries to fix his wounds and unages himself, very good indeed
the only things i could say are this:

do the memories come back to the xehanorts when they become heartless/nobodies, as that could explain why when he's a heartless he says "i know all there is to know"
any i deas on why terra looks like xehanort?
it could have something to do with the dark soldier, but thats all i can guess

GREAT THREAD

Firo

Oh Crap
It's pretty well thought out. I could see MX doing some crazy experiments on himself. It's in the realm of the possibility, so good job.

Captain Yoyo

experiments on yourself, messing with darkness this kind of
. Shit happens,
, but expecially to creepy old lonely people

i read through it again and this is the only thing i had to ask about
your saying that because MX is OHoaMUM (one hell of a messed up man) whaen he died
the first Heartless and Nobodies are formed through his death, and that's that, for ten or so years.

this is the only bit that im not that shaw of

:35:

Last edited:

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Here's where I have no idea what happens, and I won't explain it either. Basically, I think Master Xehanort tries what he might to heal himself, but it fails. Then he tries reverting his body backwards, un-aging it. For a few seconds, this seems to work, healing his wounds. Then, Master Xehanort starts forgetting some of the recent events that have happened to him, the reverse-aging process happening both physically and psychologically.

But wouldn't it be weird that he is the spitting image of Terra when he de-aged himself? I strongly believe Terra is a part of the Xehanort we know today, not just a younger version of Master Xehanort.

One of the longest theories I've ever read, but it makes sense. Good job :)

Captain Yoyo

the terra obstacle is a pretty big one, the only way to explain that would be to play the game.

i personally would take i guess that it is directly related to the DS, how im not that sure.
maybe MX , if this theory is correct, when he attempts to heal himself , because terras atttack is flowing through him, or because terra was the last person he saw, his memories were switched around, so when he un aged, he became a spitting image of terra

but until the game is out we will continue to be flooded by speculations and theories

hoooraaaahhhh

HeartlesGuardian

I like it alot. I think that MX did test himself, maybe not on Heartless and Nobodies (I still think that DS is a Heartless, regardless to what Nomura says, but that's my opinion)

And yes, it does get quite fan-fictiony towards the end.

And you don't use a Terra+MX=Xehanort theory in this! Impressive

I think that the theory is very good, until you get to the "Mx goes inside KH" part. The whole healing himself thing seems, as you put it, very fan-fic.

But all around, Great Theory!

Captain Yoyo

MX probably just wants kingdom hearts for the reason all the other people related to xehanort want it.....POWER

although im pretty sure this game will have a much more 'in deph' meaning , and will have be directed at teenagers instead of like 8 year olds

i hope theres a lot more killin... i mean erasing going on

Happy Chap

Not every Xehanort form wants power. Xemnas wanted to become whole, remember?

That would make MX a pretty knowledgable type of guy. I'd like to learn how he de-hearted himself, healed himself, de-aged himself and most of ended up looking like Terra though.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
A rough summary, and one that isn't entirely true, is that Master Xehanort is a Nobody and the Darkness Soldier his Heartless. Or rather, a special Nobody, and special Heartless, that stretches the definitions to be both under their categories, but also outside of it.

I'll...just pretend I didn't see this...

The spark for this emerged when I was remembering the notable acronyms from Xehanort's name, with the 'x' taken out, of course. We're left with:
Another
No Heart
A Throne
Tan Hero

"Another" and "No Heart" are probably the only important ones, seeing as how these are the two he mentioned by name. The others are probably just coincidence.

His original title was Master, but his name was not the same.

I already don't like this...

After perfecting the process of extracting his Heart, he found that exposure to Darkness gave the Heart a physical form, which Master Xehanort eventually refined into a human-shaped body, with slight alterations, such as an abnormally shaped and sized head (by my opinion, given the size of the helmet of the following character), this was the Darkness Soldier. Further experimentation allowed Master Xehanort to remove his Heart from his Body and Soul without the need of any instruments, and then to even give it physical form too.

The whole "DS coming out of MX" thing could easily (and probably is) not canon and just simply a way to connect the two.

This is where that thing I mentioned about Nobodies being stronger than their Somebodies comes in to play, by seperating from the Darkness Soldier, Master Xehanort becomes stronger.

This isn't always true, considering that, as Ansem said, Roxas held half of Sora's power. When Roxas fused back with Sora, Sora became stronger than he previously was and stronger than Roxas.

To put it shortly:
Sora (complete)>Roxas

Just before entering Kingdom Hearts, Terra's final attack (that's what I reckon it's going to be. Can't be much else, can it?) hits Master Xehanort, doing some massive damage.

I find this unlikely.
I doubt, that even with the boost of power, that Terra would be able to hurt, let alone touch, MX.
Also, as we all saw, Ven's little "sneak attack" against MX ended with his ass getting frozen and dropped off a cliff, so I doubt that Terra would be able to sneak up on MX either.

Inside Kingdom Hearts, Master Xehanort, lacking a Heart, has an attraction to all the Hearts around him, just waiting to fill that empty space inside of him, and being weakened by Terra's attack, it's hard for him to stop them from filling up that space, so he brings the Darkness Soldier back inside him. With the effect of Kingdom Hearts exerted on Master Xehanort, the two are locked back together, permanently. With Terra's attack done, and Master Xehanort now weaker as his Somebody, he is very close to death.

Again, I find this unlikely...

And he just happened to look similar to Terra?
I think Terra being part of the mix with MX is far more likely than a simply coincidence...

Xehanort dies

Since when?

the first Heartless and Nobodies are formed through his death

Reread the Ansem reports...
The Heartless were the end result of Xehanort's experiments on test subjects' hearts (Ansem Report 2). And of course, the Nobodies were a byproduct of the Heartless.

When Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless are defeated, some how they rejoin in Kingdom Hearts as Master Xehanort, and he comes around as a major enemy in KH3.

No.
When a Heartless, then Nobody are defeated, they become that whole being that split. Since Xehanort, not MX, was the one who became a Heartless and Nobody, it is Xehanort, not MX, who will return in KH3.

do the memories come back to the xehanorts when they become heartless/nobodies, as that could explain why when he's a heartless he says "i know all there is to know"

It is suggested that Xemnas is recovering some memories of his life before Radiant Garden (the whole "friend" scene), though nothing is for certain.

any i deas on why terra looks like xehanort?

Because he is most likely apart of Xehanort?

it could have something to do with the dark soldier, but thats all i can guess

No.

Happy Chap said:
Not every Xehanort form wants power. Xemnas wanted to become whole, remember?

Incorrect.
It's very obvious that by the end of KH2 that Xemnas wanted power. That may have been his goal all along...

Last edited:

Happy Chap

Incorrect.
It's very obvious that by the end of KH2 that Xemnas wanted power. That may have been his goal all along...
Nah I don't reckon. The organisations goal is basically to 'feel' (I interperate that asbecome whole) and gather hearts for Kingdom Hearts. Now Xemnas, if he doesn't want to be whole, must have some secret objective to do with his memories, Aqua's armour, and the room of awakening. Still doubt that he just wants to be top shit like every other baddy in the history of baddys.:lol:

Captain Yoyo

Now Xemnas, if he doesn't want to be whole, must have some secret objective to do with his memories, Aqua's armour, and the room of awakening. Still doubt that he just wants to be top shit like every other baddy in the history of baddys.:lol:
the organizations goal is to use sora and other wielders to destroy heartless and send more hearts to kingdom hearts.
then they will search through it until they find there own hearts, however xemnas wants to harness KH for its power

but i agree , there is more to xemnas's plan that we do not know

A

Azrael

This theory is a bit far fetched and better to be an idea for a good fan fiction story, but it is somewhat plausible I suppose

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Now Xemnas, if he doesn't want to be whole, must have some secret objective to do with his memories, Aqua's armour, and the room of awakening.

Never said he didn't want to be whole, just that it didn't seem to be his main goal.

Still doubt that he just wants to be top shit like every other baddy in the history of baddys.:lol:

I don't...

the theory is one of the most plausible ones so far until the end, but non the less plausible

Hardly...
I've seen far more plausible theories than this.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But wouldn't it be weird that he is the spitting image of Terra when he de-aged himself? I strongly believe Terra is a part of the Xehanort we know today, not just a younger version of Master Xehanort.

One of the longest theories I've ever read, but it makes sense. Good job :)

Except, they aren't the spitting image of each other. They just look similar. But you're right, I didn't take in to account any similarities between Terra and Xehanort. Eh, maybe Terra put all of his being into the attack he dealt MX, and because of that, it became infused with him, making Xehanort look more like Terra.

the terra obstacle is a pretty big one, the only way to explain that would be to play the game.

i personally would take i guess that it is directly related to the DS, how im not that sure.
maybe MX , if this theory is correct, when he attempts to heal himself , because terras atttack is flowing through him, or because terra was the last person he saw, his memories were switched around, so when he un aged, he became a spitting image of terra

Yeah, that.

At least it's good to see someone (OmniChaos) has gone to the effort to pick apart my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back