• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Offical Drawing Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Awards
The key to drawing landscapes is just to practice. Take a sketchpad outside one day an just draw some of your surroundings. I personally hate drawing backgrounds, which is why I don't. I specialize in character concepts and the like.

I do like this a lot though, just practice and I'm sure you'll get where you want to be regarding it.

KHRULER

Awards
Landscapes are tough tbh. I think your shading could use a little work, with practice you will get better at it which is why you should think about shading more in your drawings. All you're doing right now is lineart and you need to go further than that. You can try colouring as well if you wish, but I think shading with just a normal pencil would be a good start.
With shading you should try to create a smooth gradient of tone by that I mean try not to make your scribbles noticeable when you're shading. It makes it appear messy which is fine if it's a quick sketch but it looks like you're trying to make final pieces. Also, hardly anything is just white, everything has tone but some are just lighter than others. So you should try to shade everything but press harder on the pencil for darker tones (or use a different pencil) and lighter for brighter tones.

Like this?

IMG_20140203_21173_edit_1391480288424_zpsw6nn2vhn.jpg

The key to drawing landscapes is just to practice. Take a sketchpad outside one day an just draw some of your surroundings. I personally hate drawing backgrounds, which is why I don't. I specialize in character concepts and the like.

I do like this a lot though, just practice and I'm sure you'll get where you want to be regarding it.

I will try.Georgia isn't exactly a spring paradise.XD

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Minnie looks a lot better now that she's coloured in, and it looks so clean. I would say however you should try and work on drawings that have more tone and stuff.

KHRULER

Awards
Minnie looks a lot better now that she's coloured in, and it looks so clean. I would say however you should try and work on drawings that have more tone and stuff.

Tried to shade different tones but its hard to see with the camera I have.

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
Sorry I haven't been posting lately.I'm having tech problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back