• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Predicted Playable Characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Epilogue
Young Xehanort : After the cutscene in the E3 trailer where YX plays chess with Eraqus , the game could start off as Young Xehanort , maybe trying to find out more about the book of prophecies?, the destined to clash, then possible mentions "the one to defeat darkness...the boy...Sora"

End Of Epilogue
Sora : After the epilogue you can start playing as Sora after just landing in Olympus Coliseum, or the outskirts of Olympus. Herc will tell you to head over to Hercules. You play as Sora for around 2-3 worlds before coming to a cutscene with Riku and Mickey.

Before and during Realm Of Darkness
Riku : Riku and Mickey could go back to DI to the secret cave, where Mickey found the Kingdom Key D behind the door. They manage to open the door, or Riku opens a tunnel through his darkness, they enter the RoD, where they search for Aqua.

(Sora returns to Yen Sid, where Mickey, Riku and Aqua are. She tells them about Ventus.)

Castle Oblivion
Aqua : Aqua, along with Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald and Goofy return to CO to find and wake Ven

Normal Worlds
Sora : Sora continues saving other worlds.

Final Battle
Sora and Ventus Vs Vanitas (Vanitas battle part 1) : Either Sora or Ven could be playable.

Aqua vs Braig

Riku vs Ansem SoD

Kairi vs Vanitas/Sora (part 2) : Kairi could be playable and fight Vanitas...who has possessed Sora

Roxas and Xion vs Xemnas : I know these two may not be guardians of light, but why not? - automatic character switch

Sora vs all 11 members

Ventus Vs Vanitas (final time) Ventus finally destroys Vanitas

Aqua and Ventus Vs Terranort

Sora Vs Master Xehanort.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'll gladly take only Sora (but I want the Days-esque Mission Mode!)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Like Muke said, a Days-esque mission mode is my dream for Kingdom Hearts III! I like your idea of Young Xehanort in the prologue, although I would personally prefer playing as Sora throughout the rest of the game :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think they'll actually devide the game in parts where you play so many characters. I could imagine like 2 or 3 if they really tried hard, or a way to have a three-member party where the members are switchable at best.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I liked the "three stories" concept from Birth by Sleep, so Sora, Aqua, and Riku to start. Later Kairi, Ven, and Terra (just follow up tidbits) after you beat the game.

edit: oops, as what you suggest, the epilogue idea seems good. What if the game teaches you a few things about chess as well as move through story points (via conversation)? I think that would be awesome because it would engage the player.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I liked the "three stories" concept from Birth by Sleep, so Sora, Aqua, and Riku to start. Later Kairi, Ven, and Terra (just follow up tidbits) after you beat the game.

So basically, you play the game with SAR and after finishing, you can like make a safe point right before the final boss and from then on you can play as additional characters?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

edit: oops, as what you suggest, the epilogue idea seems good. What if the game teaches you a few things about chess as well as move through story points (via conversation)? I think that would be awesome because it would engage the player.

Hmm, the character idea is certainly interesting. I liked the concept of 3 stories in Birth by Sleep, but I think it was executed very poorly. That aside, it'd also be weird to play through the grand finale of the Dark Seeker Saga 3 times from 3 different angles as 3 different characters. I feel like it'd absolutely kill flow and the excitement of the epic grand finale. Something tells me that you should be able to experience the epic battle all in one go with the new game, it shouldn't be fragmented in little vignettes to piece together to get the full picture, not for the final title at least. Also, anything like Dream Drop Distances incorporation of multiple playable characters would just feel wrong as well to me.

God, I would love to be able to play chess as a side game or even an introductory experience. Now that you mention it that'd engage me so much :D

So basically, you play the game with SAR and after finishing, you can like make a safe point right before the final boss and from then on you can play as additional characters?

I like the idea of this, I think it'd be interesting to be able to play as different inserted characters as a new game + mode. Maybe they can even have their own stories, but they're significantly shorter and do nothing to take away from the main story. If they balanced something like this mode right, I think multiple playable stories would work well. Something like Riku in Reverse/Rebirth as opposed to the multiple playable characters from Birth by Sleep.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I like how KH2 did it, but based on what Nomura has said so far I doubt we'll really have a prologue or even a lengthy tutorial or anything. But yeah, I'd like to just play as Sora for at least 90% of the game, I prefer getting the other characters as party members. I just want my SRK party okay.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I like how KH2 did it, but based on what Nomura has said so far I doubt we'll really have a prologue or even a lengthy tutorial or anything. But yeah, I'd like to just play as Sora for at least 90% of the game, I prefer getting the other characters as party members. I just want my SRK party okay.

Yes please, although I also just badly want those three to fight together with other characters. *_*

maxtime

If i had to guess, i will say that, we may get the chance to play as Riku when he rescue Aqua, but i see that more possible as a cutscene then a gameplay section. One of the things i see very possible is playing as Aqua in Castle Oblivion with Sora as a party member, when we go to wake Ventus up, and return his heart. If there is multiplayer, i bet that there, we would be able to play as the rest of the Keyblade Wielders and Masters, and very possible as Donald and Goofy.
But for the main game, i see it very rare, in fact, i think that the final battle would be a chain of boss battles, with the rest of the Guardians of light entering and exiting the party for certain battles, and obviously for the final one with Master Xehanort we have either Donald and Goofy(the most resonable and obvious choice), or Kairi and Riku.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
If i had to guess, i will say that, we may get the chance to play as Riku when he rescue Aqua, but i see that more possible as a cutscene then a gameplay section. One of the things i see very possible is playing as Aqua in Castle Oblivion with Sora as a party member, when we go to wake Ventus up, and return his heart. If there is multiplayer, i bet that there, we would be able to play as the rest of the Keyblade Wielders and Masters, and very possible as Donald and Goofy.
But for the main game, i see it very rare, in fact, i think that the final battle would be a chain of boss battles, with the rest of the Guardians of light entering and exiting the party for certain battles, and obviously for the final one with Master Xehanort we have either Donald and Goofy(the most resonable and obvious choice), or Kairi and Riku.

My problem with the idea of Aqua being playable in Castle Oblivion is the question of why would it be necessary to play as her. If Sora's already there, why aren't we just playing as Sora with Aqua as a party member? There's no point to it is what I'm saying.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My problem with the idea of Aqua being playable in Castle Oblivion is the question of why would it be necessary to play as her. If Sora's already there, why aren't we just playing as Sora with Aqua as a party member? There's no point to it is what I'm saying.

Have to agree. I mean Aqua is easy to make a playable character, I think, since 0.2 already re-introduced her. But for such a short time? I dunno

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Epilogue
Young Xehanort : After the cutscene in the E3 trailer where YX plays chess with Eraqus , the game could start off as Young Xehanort , maybe trying to find out more about the book of prophecies?, the destined to clash, then possible mentions "the one to defeat darkness...the boy...Sora"

End Of Epilogue
Sora : After the epilogue you can start playing as Sora after just landing in Olympus Coliseum, or the outskirts of Olympus. Herc will tell you to head over to Hercules. You play as Sora for around 2-3 worlds before coming to a cutscene with Riku and Mickey.

Before and during Realm Of Darkness
Riku : Riku and Mickey could go back to DI to the secret cave, where Mickey found the Kingdom Key D behind the door. They manage to open the door, or Riku opens a tunnel through his darkness, they enter the RoD, where they search for Aqua.

(Sora returns to Yen Sid, where Mickey, Riku and Aqua are. She tells them about Ventus.)

Castle Oblivion
Aqua : Aqua, along with Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald and Goofy return to CO to find and wake Ven

Normal Worlds
Sora : Sora continues saving other worlds.

Final Battle
Sora and Ventus Vs Vanitas (Vanitas battle part 1) : Either Sora or Ven could be playable.

Aqua vs Braig

Riku vs Ansem SoD

Kairi vs Vanitas/Sora (part 2) : Kairi could be playable and fight Vanitas...who has possessed Sora

Roxas and Xion vs Xemnas : I know these two may not be guardians of light, but why not? - automatic character switch

Sora vs all 11 members

Ventus Vs Vanitas (final time) Ventus finally destroys Vanitas

Aqua and Ventus Vs Terranort

Sora Vs Master Xehanort.

I actually really like this setup. There's so many available characters that I don't wanna be stuck with just Sora given all the storylines that'll go on in the game.

The only one of these I'd cut out are Roxas and Xion. Including those two as playable is a bit overkill.

Muke

whatever
Awards
If anything, they should make it optional (Days Mission Mode). I've had enough non-Sora games now (DDD doesn't count because its gameplay is pure shit and it doesn't feel like Sora. and even then, Riku was the main protagonist in that one). I don't want to be forced to switch back and forth again.

Also if anything they should make Kairi playable and not Riku (yeah, still don't like the idea of him getting screentime again)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I was just thinking about how big the KH story is and how much stuff is going to be going on other than Sora's story.

Some people insist on only 1 playable character the whole game (Sora), but think about it. If other major events are going on outside of Sora's story, how are they going to handle that? Huge long cutscenes in-between gameplay now and then?

I think it would make more sense to have mini sections where you play as other characters in-between Sora's main story arcs. Smaller versions of how you played as Roxas for the prologue of KH2, but more similar to that one time you play as Riku against Xemnas in KH2.

It would still be going in chronological order. You wouldn't need to worry about stats from character to character. And instead of just long cutscenes, you're actually doing something to progress the story. Heck. Make them optional like the flashbacks that happen in DDD.

What would be in those mini stories? Probably a bit of exploration then it ends with a mini-boss and something happening that will affect Sora's story. That way, you can get all the characters people want to play as without much interference with Sora (Mickey, Roxas, Aqua, Riku, and Kairi and then their possible non-playable party members Axel, Ven, Terra, and Mickey again)

palizinhas

Awards
My main issue with Sora being the only playable character is having to choose between some of the SoD battles being cutscene-only or Sora being involved in all of them. I feel like if Sora takes out all of them it will feel cheap, I mean what's the point of having more people there if they only fight when Sora's part of the battle, but at the same time I don't wanna see long time enemies being defeated without fighting them. But I would prefer just short battles, as opposed to full playable worlds.

And yes, a Days Mission Mode esque thing would be awesome.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I think we have a different perspective on this, I do get what you guys are saying, stroywise it might work. But for me KH is still largely about the gameplay, and I don't like it being interrupted by suddenly doing mini chapters as other characters. I personally want KH3 to be as close to KH2 as possible when it comes to the basic structure, you develop Sora, get used to his movesets, come up with strategies for the bosses and enemies using his skills, all that. I would feel extremely jarring to be suddenly thrown to play as another character to another world, especially if this happens a lot, with several different characters. It's going to fracture the game into smaller pieces, instead of being a good solid experience that flows well. So yes, I hope that Sora will be the main playable character, with only minor changes, like the Mickey thing and Roxas prologue in KH2.

As for the story? Yeah, cutscenes will work just fine for me. KH2 already had like 13 hours of cutscenes, might as well go with that here as well. I do kind of want to play as Kairi, but it's still not as important to me as the flow of the game. I honestly have no idea how they'll make the final 13/7 fight work gameplaywise, not sure if there even is a perfect way to do it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
My main issue with Sora being the only playable character is having to choose between some of the SoD battles being cutscene-only or Sora being involved in all of them. I feel like if Sora takes out all of them it will feel cheap, I mean what's the point of having more people there if they only fight when Sora's part of the battle, but at the same time I don't wanna see long time enemies being defeated without fighting them. But I would prefer just short battles, as opposed to full playable worlds.

And yes, a Days Mission Mode esque thing would be awesome.

Birth by Sleep did a great job at showcasing action in cutscenes only. What they could do is have you fight every organization member seeker of darkess at one point in the game, but pick a few key ones for you to battle in the actual keyblade war. Why not have you confront Xemnas, Young Xehanort, Saix, Xigbar, Master Xehanort, and Ansem, but have Ansem, Xemnas, and Master Xehanort as the only true final bosses? And the other one's fates could be showcased in action-packed cutscenes with the other members of the Guardians of Light, like Ventus beating the crap out of Xigbar or Lea having a final emotional showdown with Saix (maybe this one could be playable just because of the possibilities). I don't know, I guess I could just see it work with just Sora being playable :) Having lots of playable characters in the main story would feel muddled to me, I don't know.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
What they could do is have you fight every organization member seeker of darkess at one point in the game, but pick a few key ones for you to battle in the actual keyblade war.

Yeah, or maybe do a Data Org type of thing, where the enemies that the other characters faced can be fought post-game. And there they could also make other character playable. Then you'd get the fun fights as all your faves, but the story would also stay more compact.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Yeah, or maybe do a Data Org type of thing, where the enemies that the other characters faced can be fought post-game. And there they could also make other character playable. Then you'd get the fun fights as all your faves, but the story would also stay more compact.

I think that'd work well too :D As long as they don't hack and slash the story in between three different characters, I'd be fine with that mechanic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back