• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

my screen goes black -deep jungle landing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny16

Okay, not sure if its the game ( I bought my copy used ), or if I'm not supposed to be here yet, or what but after Donald and Sora argue about landing in deep jungle and Sora takes over the controls to land the ship, my screen goes black. I can hear island like sounds and water, but I cannot see anything. Is this supposed to happen? If I wait long enough will I be able to see again? So far after a couple of mins I just press reset and start from my save point. I have beat Cerebus and gone back to traverse town, I don't know what else to do so far as I am waiting for the tournaments to begin. Any suggestions. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new game!!

Love and Laughter
Destiny

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Not too good to buy used games. It's only supposed to be black for a few seconds then show Sora crashing like an idiot. Try waiting a little longer, and if it doesn't show up within about 15 seconds, than try checking your disk (turn off your PS2 first!) and see if there are a bunch of scratches on it, as Rage said.

If there are scratches on your disk and that's what's messing up the game, look into getting some scratch cleaner at a videogame store somewhere. If you can't find any or the game still messes up, you might have to look into getting a new game. The game shouldn't cost $50 like it did when it first came out.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
lol I've told somone else to do this, you can try two things...

1. Ask a video rental place to re surface ur disc, They do it for us for about $5 - Heaps cheaper than buying a new disc.

2. Using a cleaning disc on your ps2...

I hope that helps

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
to fix scratches, you can buy cleaner.
but, you can also use toothpaste.
:D
what you do is you put a little bit of toothpaste on a Q-tip and then you just go over the scratches with the Q-tip. then you just wipe off the excess toothpaste with water, and it should be good. if its not then wipe the whole bottom side of the disk off with cloth. ive done it once to a dvd and it worked, so hopefully it should work for you too.

Keywielder94

^yeah thats what i was going to say use toothpaste, it works better than the acutal disk cleaner, well in my opioion, and it dosent cost anything! :D

but yeah its just scratched probably, just use the toothpaste, and you should be good. :]

Dyabolikul

If your ghetto like me -- and you don't want to spend money -- here's what you do to clean all scratched disks:

1) Spread toothpaste all over the disk ( not the front, obviously )
2) Let it sit for 7- 10 minutes
3) After, rinse it off and dry it with a soft cloth, or your shirt
4) Put it in your system and it will work like its new

missmamibear

hmm... the same thing happened to me right after I beat the deep jungle.. the screen went black and wouldn't come back on..I took out the disk, wiped it a little, and it worked. On other occasions I blew lightly on the lens in the PS2; gets the dust and crap offa it :)

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Well I've had similar problems with my games and most of the time it was due to my ps2 being full of dust (I know it sounds funny but that can be the reason) either you open the disc tray and blow in the ps2 so that the dust that might have been cought on the lense reader thingy comes off or you try to open up your ps2 and clean its inside with a vacuum cleaner.

Hope that works ^^

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
This could be a problem with your console. If you're using the old big PS2s then you should get some compressed air and spray it into the area with the laser. My old PS2 did the same thing as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back