• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Theory about Vanitas and Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xircs-Number I

I know that there are a lot of theories on here about the Vanitas/Riku connection, but i believe that Vanitas is in fact Xehanort. here are my reasons why.

1. We already know that Xehanort was found after a keyblade war and that he had no memory other than the name "Xehanort", Who we now know to be Vanitas' master.

2. We also know that the "Lingering Sentiment" from KH2:FM is either Terra himself or a shell of Terra, who has nothing left but his hatred of Xehanort. So i dont believe that Terra is Xehanort.

3. Vanitas is apparently created by MX , because of the whole ghost coming out of him thing and MX telling Terra to correct his "mistake"( probably referring to Vanitas)

What i think happens is that MX is either consumed by KH or killed. Terra (or what is left of him), lives on and becomes the Lingering Sentiment. Aqua is probably killed considering that Xemnas has her armor and I have no idea what happens to Ven.

So that leaves Vanitas. I think that in the end he is the only one who truly survives and then is found by Ansem and becomes his apprentice and then all of that other stuff.

Now about the Riku connections.... Whenever Xehanorts Heartless possessed Riku we all know about his clothes,fighting style and weapon being similar to Vanitas' stuff. I believe that the reason for this is because its plausible that Xehanort's Heartless has at least some of the real Xehanort's memories(like Xemnas does) and since that fighting style and clothing is what he remembers, he then passes that onto Riku when he takes over him.

Well.. thats why i think Vanitas is Xehanort. this is just one theory and feel free to point out anything ive got wrong.

Allister Rose

French Lover
1.Xehanort ws found after BBS when the keyblade wielders diappeared. Ansem the wise studied him and the only thing Xehanort knew was the name "xehanort". so ansem the ise named him that and made him into his apprentice.

2.Tetsuya nomura said that whether lingering sentiment is terra or nor is unimportant, which probably meant that it wasnt canon.

3/ i dont know how you got that idea. Plus vanitas appears to be young and not a "man". MX said that man is a monster infused with darkness. it could mean vanitas but at the same it could just be the scene palcing that's trying to deceive us.

Xircs-Number I

1.Xehanort ws found after BBS when the keyblade wielders diappeared. Ansem the wise studied him and the only thing Xehanort knew was the name "xehanort". so ansem the ise named him that and made him into his apprentice.

2.Tetsuya nomura said that whether lingering sentiment is terra or nor is unimportant, which probably meant that it wasnt canon.

3/ i dont know how you got that idea. Plus vanitas appears to be young and not a "man". MX said that man is a monster infused with darkness. it could mean vanitas but at the same it could just be the scene palcing that's trying to deceive us.

1.Thats pretty much what i said.

2. I didnt say it was important whether or not Terra is the lingering sentiment, i was implying that because of the lingering sentiment at least being some part of Terra and hating Xehanort, chances are.. hes not Xehanort.

3. This one can't be proved right or wrong at this point and i never said that Vanitas was old or young i just said he was probably in some way created by MX.

Allister Rose

French Lover
1.Thats pretty much what i said.

2. I didnt say it was important whether or not Terra is the lingering sentiment, i was implying that because of the lingering sentiment at least being some part of Terra and hating Xehanort, chances are.. hes not Xehanort.

3. This one can't be proved right or wrong at this point and i never said that Vanitas was old or young i just said he was probably in some way created by MX.

number 1 was implying he was found right after the keyblade wars (which takes place before BBS) and is now keyblade master. which is wrong, master xehanort's origin is unknown at this moment. again ansem reports finds a man with no memories but the name xehanort, which was after the events of BBS.

2. really lingering sentiment hated Master xehanort, i know he didnt say master, but it's quite obvious. and master xehanort and the xehanort that is ansem apprentice are two different xehanrots.

Xircs-Number I

I meant that he remembers the NAME Xehanort because that was the name of his master.(MX)

I know that LS is most likely referring to MX but that still would indicate that Terra probably isnt or wasnt Xehanort.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I meant that he remembers the NAME Xehanort because that was the name of his master.(MX)

I know that LS is most likely referring to MX but that still would indicate that Terra probably isnt or wasnt Xehanort.

How? ther's absolutely no proof.

we dont know if canitas became xehanort, we dont know if terra did, but there is far more information on terra than on vanitas

Xircs-Number I

How? ther's absolutely no proof.

we dont know if canitas became xehanort, we dont know if terra did, but there is far more information on terra than on vanitas

umm... thats kinda why we come up with THEORIES in the first place. and im starting to wonder if you even made it past the first couple sentences on my post.

Allister Rose

French Lover
umm... thats kinda why we come up with THEORIES in the first place. and im starting to wonder if you even made it past the first couple sentences on my post.

dont act stupid. i read your theory. again you tried to disprove that terra wasnt xehanort because of the theory that vanitas was xehanort.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
*facepalm* If you want a theory around here, you need something to back it up, if there isn't something to back it up, then it's just an OPINION, not a THEORY. There's a big difference.

Xircs-Number I

*facepalm* If you want a theory around here, you need something to back it up, if there isn't something to back it up, then it's just an OPINION, not a THEORY. There's a big difference.

well nobodys got back up until the game comes out anyway, but i thought i gave plenty of reasons for my theory.

Xircs-Number I

lingering sentiment doesnt count and you havent pointed out something important that leads vanitas being xehanort

Yeah i did. Vanitas is most likely the only one who survives the battle and hes MX's apprentice. Xehanort was found after the battle and only remembered the name "Xehanort" (his master, who possibly created or trained him). He posseses Riku and thats why Riku fights like him and wears similar clothes.MX is probably not the young Xehanort, Terras not Xehanort(i dont think), Vens not Xehanort, Aquas not Xehanort, Mickeys definetly not Xehanort.

So who does that leave...........

WINNIE THE POOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No its Vanitas.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
You're using ideas, not facts or visual evidence we can go and see in the trailers. We don't know if Vanitas lives, oh and double postings a no-no, considering you've been here 3 years I thought you'd know that.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
2. We also know that the "Lingering Sentiment" from KH2:FM is either Terra himself or a shell of Terra, who has nothing left but his hatred of Xehanort. So i dont believe that Terra is Xehanort.

Or, as the name suggests, LS could be a lingering emotion Terra held for MX.
And I fail to see how this would indicate that Xehanort is not Terra.

3. Vanitas is apparently created by MX , because of the whole ghost coming out of him thing and MX telling Terra to correct his "mistake"( probably referring to Vanitas)

We do not know who MX is speaking to when he asked them to correct his mistake.

What i think happens is that MX is either consumed by KH or killed.

I doubt he is killed...

I think that in the end he is the only one who truly survives and then is found by Ansem and becomes his apprentice and then all of that other stuff.

Vanitas is either too short or too young to become Xehanort.

Whenever Xehanorts Heartless possessed Riku we all know about his clothes,fighting style and weapon being similar to Vanitas' stuff.

Which Riku had before meeting Xehanort's Heartless.
See:
Riku Fight 1 at Hollow Bastion

Dsandrcok

i was thinking the same thing it would explain xehanort looks the way he is and how he knew so much about the keyblade.

zhill05

Here are some of my guesses about Vanitas:

1. He could be darkness taking on a physcial form, much like with the heartless being darkness and taking on shape.

2. A possibility from Master Xehanort may be referring to Vanitas as a monster. Vanitas could be another replica created from MX, much like the Riku Replica and Xion from the Organization.

3. He could also be some form of monster. One being the unversed taking on a physcial human form like with the nobodies. Or could be some other form of monster that will be later revealed.

4. Or lastly he could be hiding his true strength and may be controlling MX through the powers of darkness. This be that he has monstrous strength and MX referring to Vanitas as a monster.

These are merely my guesses about Vanitas. Mostly due to not being able his face still not being revealed yet. Since Vanitas is still the most mysterious of the bunch we may not be able to learn anything more about him until the game comes out.

Which Riku had before meeting Xehanort's Heartless.
See:
Riku Fight 1 at Hollow Bastion

Actually that's untrue. In Coded you actually see that it is Xehanort's heartless that helps Riku off Destiny Island in KH1. Which was before before arriving in Hollow Bastion. Now Riku did have the suit before he was possessed by Xehanort's heartless, but he did gain it after meeting him.

A Record Unremembered

Xircs-Number I

These are merely my guesses about Vanitas. Mostly due to not being able his face still not being revealed yet. Since Vanitas is still the most mysterious of the bunch we may not be able to learn anything more about him until the game comes out.

Yeah right now I just cant see anybody but Vanitas being Xehanort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back