• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine? A witch? Bulls**t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

starry_eyed_hero

Why is it that in the journal of Chain of Memories, Jiminy refers to Namine as a "witch"? That midgety lil a$$h0le, Namine's no witch!

Generally in stories like this one, witches are evil and cast dark spells for sinister purposes. Does that sound like Namine to you? Namine is obviously just a sweet lil girl who got forced into doing something mean that she didn't wanna do.

She's not like Maleficent, who goes around putting beautiful maidens into comas, and trying to flood the universe in darkness.

If Namine really had a choice, do you honestly think she would've fooled around with Sora's memories just for the hell of it?

The way I see it Jiminy needs to not go calling every girl with special powers a witch.

Ansem22

I think that what Jiminy is trying to say is right, but "witch" really isn't the right word to use, because it's usually used for evil. "Sorceress" would be better, as it can apply to any female who uses magic.

starry_eyed_hero

Ansem22 said:
I think that what Jiminy is trying to say is right, but "witch" really isn't the right word to use, because it's usually used for evil. "Sorceress" would be better, as it can apply to any female who uses magic.
Ya, but now whenever I go on these forums, I hear people trying to use the fact that she's a "witch" as evidence for their theories(like Zedro's pinned theory about the RHG).

imallaboutKH

Hangin' in Kong Studios
Off walkin da road of Twilight with Riku and Micke
hey, just cuz she's a witch doesn't mean she's evil! I mean c'mon! haven't you ppl seen the Wizard of Oz?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Glenda the Good Witch!!! and wat about that one casper movie that wats-her-face waz in......Hilary Duff! she was a good witch! I mean seriously. And Jiminy calls her a witch b'cuz thas wat she is! Several unknowns call her tha 2! She is a witch b'cuz she has the power of magic! u kno, how she screws w/ pplz memories?? you need magic to do that. man, u ppl are so steriotypical:mad:

p.s. Sorry if i sound really, really ticked off here, but quite a few ppl don't read posts and just scroll down to the 'post reply' button. So i was just makin sure that this got noticed by turning it green and orange, and making the main points huge:p so yea, im not mad, im just making sure that my point is taken:D

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
imallaboutkh: well yes that it true but i think what they are thinking is this:

In MOST disney movies and stuff and in some games, the term witch is used with "evil".... So the way people are interperating wut the Jimmney said how namine was a witch, they are thinking , well she's not bad.. She was being forced to do that bad stuff. Im sure the creators ment "sorceress" when they made the game but then again, dont forget little kids also play the games and you have to take it into consideration that some might not know wut a sorceress is exactly. But then even todlers know that a witch does magic so its easier to put it that way. LoL.. hope i cleared things up or made it more confusing, eather way im fine!

starry_eyed_hero

imallaboutKH said:
hey, just cuz she's a witch doesn't mean she's evil! I mean c'mon! haven't you ppl seen the Wizard of Oz?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Glenda the Good Witch!!! and wat about that one casper movie that wats-her-face waz in......Hilary Duff! she was a good witch! I mean seriously. And Jiminy calls her a witch b'cuz thas wat she is! Several unknowns call her tha 2! She is a witch b'cuz she has the power of magic! u kno, how she screws w/ pplz memories?? you need magic to do that. man, u ppl are so steriotypical:mad:

p.s. Sorry if i sound really, really ticked off here, but quite a few ppl don't read posts and just scroll down to the 'post reply' button. So i was just makin sure that this got noticed by turning it green and orange, and making the main points huge:p so yea, im not mad, im just making sure that my point is taken:D
Ok, for one thing, I already said that it doesn't matter if the unknowns called her a witch. "Several unknowns" did not call her a witch. Larxene called her a witch once, and she was being mean and trying to insult her. You get on people about not reading your posts, and you wont even read my post? That's just low.

Also, you dont need to make your post all these different colors in order to read it. If it's an important post, that has it's own opinion and really stands out, people will notice it. It sounds like you're the one being stereotypical, thinking nobody in here reads posts, and just goes straight to post reply.

Also, wow, you've come up with 2 good witches. Generally in stories like this(which I already said, if you would've read my post, hypocrite) the word "witch" is used as an insult, and it's typically used to describe someone who uses magical spells for evil. In fact, in a lot of stories, it's not even used to describe someone who uses magic, just somebody who's bad or evil.

starry_eyed_hero

Game Master Boy said:
the word "magician" sounds better than all of those.
Why cant they just call her a girl, instead of a magician, or a sorceress, or a witch? The truth is, there is one thing that all magicians, sorceresses, and witches all have in common: They study spells, magic, and rituals. Namine does none of that. She's just some girl, who was born with a special gift.

If she were really a magician or a sorceress or whatever, then that would mean that she had learned one day how to alter peoples' memories, just like how magicians and stuff learn spells, and if that were true, then Marluxia wouldn't have needed Namine at all, he could've just learned the spell himself.

D

Divine Slayer

The way I see it, who really cares? A witch doesn't have to mean that someone is evil, I consider that a stupid stereotype used to scare the jebus out of little kids. Maybe they call her a witch, but you can blame that on whoever screwed around with the translations of the english game.

Pharaoh

Hey... calm down already! So maybe she is a witch... or maybe she isn't! It's no reason to get upset! sheesh. But one thing is for certain... she is Kairi's shadow.

ultima55

They call female magic-users in Harry Potter "witches", so it's a term that can be used in a constuctive manner.

Meh, I call Namine a witch. Just because it's easier that way. =)

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
Ding-dong the witch is dead.

lol sorry, had to do that.

Anyways, yes, Naminé is a witch. SHE HAS POWERS! Yes, sorceress, whatever. And I suppose Larxene was just being mean and called her a witch rather than sorceress.

BUT THEY'RE THE SAME FRICKIN' THING!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back