• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Not another relationship thread!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Yeah you would know JJ, when you first start talking to me I believe, "Ummm. . ." was used alot. Oh and my favorite, "I dunno. . ." Then of course when you ran out of things to say you cyber beat up Roxas with a cyber fold-out chair. Yes JJ, you're Captain Smooth.
QFT, stay away from those words. Also, the one- 2 worded awnsers. "Yeah", "I guess", and "Me too" are not awnsers to use in conversation -_-

There are obviously some topics that you do not want to talk about, because maybe the girl likes bras, do you really want to get yourself into a conversation about that? NO. And frankly, if a guy started talking about bras to me my first thought would be, "GAY!"
EY! I consider that male sexism. THere are straight dudes that....talk about bras! >.> <.<;

We also tend to prefer that the man is older, but that's entirely different story.

I KNEW IT!!!!!

Sorarules13

What! Who told you! It's a LIE ! A Lie I tell you!
The thing I'm having the most trouble with now is just getting started talking to her. It would be weird if I( a guy that's only said about 10 words to her over the past year) just walk up to her 1 day and start talking to her about some random topic. How the crap do I get started talking to her??!!!!

Also, it would also be weird if I just walked up to her and asked for her #
Me: hey can I have your #
Her:...why?
Me: uuuuuhhhhh.... homework
*awkward silence*
Her: I'm going to go over there now
*she walks away

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol, well you said you both have the same friends... so dont be afraid to put yourself in with your friend while she/he is talking to her, that way you can get involved in the conversation.

afrobutt

Silver Member
The thing I'm having the most trouble with now is just getting started talking to her. It would be weird if I( a guy that's only said about 10 words to her over the past year) just walk up to her 1 day and start talking to her about some random topic. How the crap do I get started talking to her??!!!!

That's what I'm thinking, you need to get a BIT closer to her before you ask for a number. Also, don't tell your friend. Don't tell any friends, u'll regret it.

If you're down to your last breath (metaphorically speaking) (ZOMG i can't spell) you could always show off u're mad Mage skillz ;P.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Ok well there's this girl in my class that I like. A LOT! But, we're not really friends.
Oh well that can be a problem... lol j/k
I mean every so often I would talk to her but we never exactly had a whole conversation. I'm like 99.9999999999% sure she dosen't like me though.
Always have confidence. But don't be too confident when you become cocky. That's just a big no no! lol Being a girl (and I hope ALL girls feel this way) you must have confidence. saying sentences like that will only lower your chances for at least talking to her. And what ndo you two talk about when you do talk?
But I think I may be seriously in love with her.
Whoa!! That's a bit extreme!! :eek:
She's perfect for in every single way(well, nobody's perfect but you know what I mean)! Can you all help me kind of move our friendship along so I can maybe tell her how I feel later.
well first off, what makes her "perfect?" that's always something to think about. But like most people are saying take it slow and try to charm her a bit. You know make her laugh, make her smile, that good old corny stuff. But whatever you do don't stalk her!!! please tell me you're not a stalker!! lol j/k
Oh yeah, and I'm changing schools after the end of this school year so I want to at least be good friends with her by the end of the year
well....... that..... sucks!!!!!! lol umm yeah well make some good conversation. get her number, her AIM all that good stuff. ;]

Hope this help, if not I'm sorry.

Sorarules13

What! Who told you! It's a LIE ! A Lie I tell you!
Well guys I was gonna post here yesterday but I was in a bad mood so here I am today lol. Well, today our school had this thing at the park by our school, It wasl like a fundraiser or something like that( yay! out of school early!) and all we had to do was walk around the park 2 times then hang out till it was time to go. Well, it got REALLY BORING! Anyway about an hour before we had to go home, me, 2 or 3 other friends, and Yasmine were just sitting around talking. So I actually got to talk to her some!! Afterwards they all got together and Yasmine wanted me to take the picture of them. Yay, things are finally starting to look up for me!

I still didn't get her # though but, oh well.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Well guys I was gonna post here yesterday but I was in a bad mood so here I am today lol. Well, today our school had this thing at the park by our school, It wasl like a fundraiser or something like that( yay! out of school early!) and all we had to do was walk around the park 2 times then hang out till it was time to go. Well, it got REALLY BORING! Anyway about an hour before we had to go home, me, 2 or 3 other friends, and Yasmine were just sitting around talking. So I actually got to talk to her some!! Afterwards they all got together and Yasmine wanted me to take the picture of them. Yay, things are finally starting to look up for me!

YAY! lol yep you see? like i said as long as you get yourself in a conversation with your friends who are her friends things should work out so that you two talk more :-D

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days

oh well thats good. :]
25 charater

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards

Well done.

Now you have some sort of excuse to talk to her at school.

Princess of KH

O.O wow. Sorarules13, you've got quite a bit of advice on this whole topic...but that's a good thing!
About the phone # thing, here's how a lot of girls feel when you ask them for their # for help w/ homework stuff:
they think that you like them, because you could just call one of your friends for homework help, instead of her.
Not every girl is like that, but it's really common. I'm glad you're starting to talk to her, though. That's good! Just make sure you be yourself, & don't use cheesy pick-up lines! Omgsh, i hate when guys use those on me. Cheesy pick-up lines can be the most annoying thing in the world, so stay away from those, & you'll be good.
If she has Facebook or Myspace, talk to her on there. Those sites are great ways to keep in touch w/ ppl.
It sounds like things are going good for you, so keep it up! Just don't try too hard - girls catch on to that (most of the time) & it gets on their nerves (that's if you get annoying). But i think you'll be okay!

Another thing, just remind yourself that you are so lucky to have found someone that you like this much. I'm 15, 7 i don't like any of the guys that i know. I go to a private school, so i don't see as many ppl as other ppl do. I don't know a lot of guys, & the guys that i do know tend to be immature & act like they are the coolest guys in exsistance. It gets annoying, all too quickly. I'm 15, & the only guys i know that aren't immature are seniors, & we're too much like family (no, i am not related to any of these guys, just in case anyone was wondering) to go out.
But, i really don't care about having a bf right now, & i've never had one (yes, i am okay & no, i'm not crazy.). All i'm trying to say is - remember how lucky you are to even have a girl that you like this much. It sounds like you really like her, for who she is.

One last thing. Don't worry about messing up when you're talking to her. Like if you try to say something, and you accidentaly say something else. It's embarrassing when you do get tongue-tied or forget what you were going to say, but don't worry about it. Nobody's perfect. A lot of girls think it's cute when guys mess up like that. It kinda helps the girl be a little less shy, cause it shows that you're a human too, and it's ok to talk to you normally instead of being shy. (ALL humans mess up in convos - if you haven't yet, you will. Just wait...)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You shouldn't say you love her AND that she's perfect in one falling swoop. That's just stupid.

Believe me...I know. <<

Just make sure you TALK to her a lot before doing this.
If things go out right, you become friends.
Then invite her to go out with friends and stuff.
If that works out, go out alone.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
YOur stepping up in the world,dude.BUt,as others have said,be yourself.Chill.Who knows,keep up how you are doing now,and you might have a girlfriend:D

Charlie K

Back in Business
Tell her she has nice shoes.Not even kidding, I todl I girl she had sweet shoes, we dated for..4 months or so..It was.. well weird but epic..If that doesn't work, just follow her, but not in a creepy way, normally follow..and..wait...

Shit your 14, I thought it said 11...NVM, except the shoes thing.Shoes are awsome.They are.

Princess of KH

Tell her she has nice shoes.Not even kidding, I todl I girl she had sweet shoes, we dated for..4 months or so..It was.. well weird but epic..If that doesn't work, just follow her, but not in a creepy way, normally follow..and..wait...

Shit your 14, I thought it said 11...NVM, except the shoes thing.Shoes are awsome.They are.

Yes, shoes are awesome! I just had to say this...but just keep being yourself!

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lolz shoes. compliment anything about a girl in a good way, not creepy lol and of course she'll like it.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Uh...why shoes? What if the girl doesn't give a shit about her shoes?
Compliment her shirt or something in plain sight. If she wears a clip in her hair say her hair is nice.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
F*ck yeah, shoes.

Complements on her clothing are good though, just don't go overboard with it.

Princess of KH

I really don't think it matters if you tell her you like her shoes or not. If she's good at discerning, she'll know if you mean it or not, & you shouldn't lie anyway, so don't think you HAVE to compliment her shoes! It's not the world's best pickup line or anything! & don't compliment her if you don't mean it. THat's a total lie & girls DON'T want to be lied to. Who wants to be lied to, honestly? Be yourself & you'll be ok! THere's a quote (one of my favs cause it toally applies to me) that says, "i'd rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i am not." Why would you want to be loved for pretending to be someone else?

As for shoes, they are awesome, but telling a girl you like her shoes isn't exactly going to make her think you're an amazing guy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back