• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Numerology and Kingdom Hearts 358/2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomSora14

Welllllllllll as i am a senior in high school and taking calc classes, one who takes high up math tends to look at numbers in different ways. I was looking at the two numbers that have been given so far for KH358/2. This being 358/2 and 152. Now if u divide 358 by two u get 179. Now interestingly enough, 151 and 179 r both prime numbers(for those who do not know what a prime number is, it is basically a number that cannot be divided into numbers that do not have decimals, such as 7, 13, etc.).

After finding it vaguely interesting that both numbers are prime, i decided to look up what prime numbers are used for. Oddly enough, prime numbers are used frequently in cryptology. Now that may mean nothing to most people so here is a short blurb from wikipedia:

"a key had to be kept absolutely secret and would be agreed upon beforehand using a secure, but non-cryptographic, method; for example, a face-to-face meeting or a trusted courier. There are a number of significant practical difficulties in this approach to distributing keys. Public-key cryptography was invented to address these drawbacks — with public-key cryptography, users can communicate securely over an insecure channel without having to agree upon a shared key beforehand."

I just found this a little conincidental not to be touched upon.

Let me know wat u think.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
so basically something that we missed or overlooked in one of the kh games( more specifically a character maybe) could be the clue to figuring out exactly what 358/2 days means since we know that Roxas himself says he will disappear in 152days since that is the day he merges with Sora in the beginning of KH2

PhantomSora14

im thinking something along those lines, roxas disappears in 151 days which is a prime number not 152

Awards
I'm going into AP calc, but I don't think someone will need a huge math background to decode the title.

Still- you make a very interesting point. Good job.

Awards
The problem, though is that the title is read "358 days over two" not "358 over two days." So, 179 isn't supposed to have any significance in the code- at least as far as we know. And 358 is obviously not a prime number.

PhantomSora14

basically i threw this piece of information to theorize on, im sure other people could come up with better theories than i can lol

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Ah, ok lol the technical stuff throws me a bit. :/ Thanks.
But yeah, there probably is a way to decode it if you can ever figure out what goes on in Nomuras brilliant head.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I'm so terrible at math but this looks interesting. Though I heard of something different but can't place my finger on it. Neverthless, interesting.

PhantomSora14

oh just something else interesting, i looked the two numbers up 151 and 358, and they came up as dates for major earthquakes in like Greece or something

khinsiderfan

lol when i first saw the title i actually was assuming that 358 was not one number but three 3,5,8, coressponding with an Org. member and the 2 was like roxas and someone else. so phantom ain't the only one looking into how the title can be looked at differently.

Awards
lol when i first saw the title i actually was assuming that 358 was not one number but three 3,5,8, coressponding with an Org. member and the 2 was like roxas and someone else. so phantom ain't the only one looking into how the title can be looked at differently.

The title IS pronounced "three five eight"

Yet I doubt it has anything to do with Xaldin, Lexaeus, and Axel.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
x.X This thread made me think of work when I don't have to.
It's interesting, though, and makes me oddly think about Roxas's Title - the Key of Destiny.
Then I think both about Sora - and about Ven o,o;;;
Good job, I'm amused xD

PhantomSora14

actually, before i made this post, i looked on khinsider to see how 358/2 was pronounced and they didnt have the pronunciation on the page because i was thinking for a little bit that the numbers could be organization members but that would have been to obvious when we think about it. especially since lexaeus is one of the least important organization members(no offense to lexaeus fans), i mean the poor guy is hardly ever mentioned!!!

Also some more prime numbers that show up in the game are:

13: Obviously the Org. 13, Roxas is 13th member
23: X is the 23rd letter in the alphabet (which is in the org. name)
3: there is a ton of "3" things, this should probably be counted out though...

if anyone else knows of prime numbers that involve the game, post them

Here are some other prime numbers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back