• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official KH3/Console War Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
That's good and all. But if the Xbox is still in first... what would you do? Release one of your biggest games on a third place console, or go to the next one with the most sales that can handle the game? Hmmm... OH HMMMMMM.
well you dont know if the 360 will be in first place by the time nomura starts working on KH3.
so who knows

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Have you not kept up with gaming. The 360's limit was hit over a year ago.

News : EA exec: Xbox 360 'maxed out,' PlayStation 3 has room to grow [Xbox 360] - from GamePro.com

I know this is coming from a guy in a position of power, but I'll genuinely believe this when it's said by someone from Microsoft.

Unless they're just too egotistical to admit it.

well you dont know if the 360 will be in first place by the time nomura starts working on KH3.
so who knows

Well, hows about we take the projected sales of both the PS3 and the 360. I'd say VXIII is done by the end of 2010, and KH3 out by like 2013/14. I don't know, I just don't see PS3 units sold overall equalling X-Box ones, even five years down the track.

tevlen

One of the largest developers.
Not to mention the multi platforms that people will buy for the Xbox =D

That's good and all. But if the Xbox is still in first... what would you do? Release one of your biggest games on a third place console, or go to the next one with the most sales that can handle the game? Hmmm... OH HMMMMMM.

360 has been out a year longer, thats the ONLY reason why its winning.

∞;4543448 said:
I know this is coming from a guy in a position of power, but I'll genuinely believe this when it's said by someone from Microsoft.

Unless they're just too egotistical to admit it.

Why would they admit to a fault in their hardware unnecessarally?

S

Shadow Soldier

so who knows

FIVE DOLLA SAY I DO!!!! =D

It's quite sad really, reading your posts. Now you're basically saying "listen, the ps3 is fucked without nomura" lol.

Wii has been out a year before 360 and it's dominating BOTH the 360 and ps3 =0

One of the largest developers.

Right, so... fuck Left 4 Dead 2, Halo ODST this holiday pushing consoles, Mass Effect 2, Fable 3 next year, Forza 3...

Kaz Hirai said it about the PS3 and that old fuck that quit. He basically said "we dug ourselves a grave and we're digging ourselves out."

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The price of the PS3 for casual (and more dedicated) gamers had nothing to do with it?

Eh, already said unless they were too egotistical or self-protecting to say it.

Yuuki

It's quite sad really, reading your posts. Now you're basically saying "listen, the ps3 is fucked without nomura" lol.
no not really,theres alot of good games coming out on the ps3.
the game that will make people buy the ps3 is FF14

tevlen

∞;4543454 said:
The price of the PS3 for casual (and more dedicated) gamers had nothing to do with it?

Eh, already said unless they were too egotistical or self-protecting to say it.

Per day, the ps3 has sold more consoles.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
no not really,theres alot of good games coming out on the ps3.
the game that will make people buy the ps3 is FF14
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that went multi-platform, honestly. Sony'll hold onto it for dear life, I acknowledge that, but still...

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Ugh.. it's going to be on BOTH systems.. not just Sony, not just Microsoft.. BOTH! Well, that's the way I saw it in the past thread and the way I still see it. Honestly, if KH3 is not on both systems, I believe it's not going to be living up to its full potential. Going multi-platform to the 360 and PS3 is the best way (imo) for the KH series to live up to its full potential.

Oh, and would Square test the waters of the 360? Honestly, all they'd have to do (should they do the PS3 compilation disk) is port the exact same thing (maybe on two disks instead) over to the 360 and if it prospers, like I feel it would.. voila.. Square will have their reason to put KH3 on both systems.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the 360's got a fair portion of the former PS2-owners as well, as the PS3 was severely overpriced up until this Sept. Do you realize how many people probably said "Ahh.. screw it (Sony)" and got either a 360 or a Wii instead? More than likely, the majority of them (of the ones who didn't get a PS3) probably got a 360, seeing how it has a decent library (unlike the Wii, for the most part) and is cheaper than a PS3. (This is ignoring the RROD hype btw.)

Anyways, I believe there is KH fans and lots more potential KH fans to be made on the 360. What's the best way to ensure that you get the most money (out of KH3) as possible? (if you were Square) You "test the waters" with something like the compilation disk(s) (should it be made) and if it works, make KH3 for both systems.

Yuuki

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that went multi-platform, honestly. Sony'll hold onto it for dear life, I acknowledge that, but still...
whether it gos or not i dont really care, im only saying that it will help sony and make people buy the ps3.

S

Shadow Soldier

And again, you make it sound like it won't sell on the 360 and won't push consoles. Now...lets look at it like this.

Do I buy a 300 dollar machine for final fantasy 14. Or do I buy a 200 dollar machine for Final Fantasy 14... hmmm

tevlen

But it's still in last place by a couple million. In order for it to catch up, Microsoft can't sell a single console =0

Yeah, no. PS3 sells more per day. It has been out 35 months and has sold about 25 million consoles

360 has sold 32.5 million consoles in 47 months.

0.6915 million 360's per month
0.7149 million PS3 per month.

PS3 lagged in sales much more initially and now is catching up faster. With the launch of Slim, PS3 can easily catch up.

Yuuki

And again, you make it sound like it won't sell on the 360 and won't push consoles. Now...lets look at it like this.

Do I buy a 300 dollar machine for final fantasy 14. Or do I buy a 200 dollar machine for Final Fantasy 14... hmmm
i will say this go to a 360 forum and make a thread if KH3 should be on the 360 and we'll see if people would like it.
that should stop people from fighting

tevlen

YEah and you only get one of the games then. Instead of two. Hmmmmmm....

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ugh.. it's going to be on BOTH systems.. not just Sony, not just Microsoft.. BOTH! Well, that's the way I saw it in the past thread and the way I still see it. Honestly, if KH3 is not on both systems, I believe it's not going to be living up to its full potential. Going multi-platform to the 360 and PS3 is the best way (imo) for the KH series to live up to its full potential.
And you define 'potential' as what? Sales? Because I define it as content and the actual quality of the game being made, in which case I see PS3 as the ideal.

Oh, and would Square test the waters of the 360? Honestly, all they'd have to do (should they do the PS3 compilation disk) is port the exact same thing (maybe on two disks instead) over to the 360 and if it prospers, like I feel it would.. voila.. Square will have their reason to put KH3 on both systems.
Square's already testing the waters of the 360 with their all-knew games. I doubt the KH compilation disc would come to the 360. Unlike a remake from the Nintendo GBA CoM to the Sony PS2 one, this is pretty much the same game, vamped up a little bit.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure the 360's got a fair portion of the former PS2-owners as well, as the PS3 was severely overpriced up until this Sept. Do you realize how many people probably said "Ahh.. screw it (Sony)" and got either a 360 or a Wii instead? More than likely, the majority of them (of the ones who didn't get a PS3) probably got a 360, seeing how it has a decent library (unlike the Wii, for the most part) and is cheaper than a PS3. (This is ignoring the RROD hype btw.)
Yey, finally, something in this thread that's impossible to fault.

Anyways, I believe there is KH fans and lots more potential KH fans to be made on the 360. What's the best way to ensure that you get the most money (out of KH3) as possible? (if you were Square) You "test the waters" with something like the compilation disk(s) (should it be made) and if it works, make KH3 for both systems.
And as previously mentioned by me, KH1, 2, and Re:CoM are Sony Property.

i will say this go to a 360 forum and make a thread if KH3 should be on the 360 and we'll see if people would like it.
that should stop people from fighting
That sounds to stupid to me, but unfortunately it's a bit difficult to explain why.

People don't have to have got into the KH series beforehand to be interested in a 360 KH game.

Yuuki

That sounds to stupid to me, but unfortunately it's a bit difficult to explain why.

People don't have to have got into the KH series beforehand to be interested in a 360 KH game.
i see, well even so i still think KH3 will be on the ps3

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Tradition or sales? Does Square Enix reward the loyal Sony fans who hang out for the console, or go with the maximum possible sales and multi-platform.

The latter is the logical option by far. This isn't necessary about what one console this will be on, but on which consoles it'd be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back