• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Nintendo Magazine and KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurdistan

I know it might be nothing but in 3-4 articles I read on the Official Nintendo Magazine website, they talk about KH3 and how it might come to a Nintendo console, I'm in a bit of a hurry now so I'll add links later on. On the review for KH3D, at the end, it says something like 'hopefully we will get KH3 soon and it will be on a Nintendo console'

In another article its what we want from kh3 and in the headline it says 'but which console will it be on' it goes on to say stuff like since most games have been on Nintendo consoles and the recent ones leading up to the 3rd installment have been Nintendo, it would make sense KH3 was on Nintendo.

Am I looking too much into this or does this mean they know something we don't?

State

Awards
Bill Diskin did say he thought it was going to be released on the Wii U, but that could have been just a personal idea or they told him they needed him again for a role. At this point in time, Nomura needs to have a clear idea as to what he'll do with KH3, so it's possible they already have plans to release it on Nintendo's newest console.

EternalDreamer

Considering the Wii U is superior and the Ps3 only has a good year left (in my opinion), if Kh3 takes over a year to make (which it will) Nomura would be better off making it for the Wii U. However, he can also decide to multiplatform it (for the first time ever) like he did with FFXIII and XIII-2.

In the end, we don't know. Let's wait and see :D

Magnum

Bill Diskin
Ben. XD

did say he thought it was going to be released on the Wii U, but that could have been just a personal idea or they told him they needed him again for a role. At this point in time, Nomura needs to have a clear idea as to what he'll do with KH3, so it's possible they already have plans to release it on Nintendo's newest console.

That part is highly unlikely as development, I believe, hasn't even started for KH3. Usually they contact voice actors for localization when the game is either done or just about done. :p However I would like to see it for Wii U and possibly multi-platform.

theirlosthearts

Awards
It might be on Wii U, but I hope it's on PS3 just because I might actually be able to afford a PS3. If I had plenty of cash (I take that back, I've got money, just not for gaming consoles >.<), I would prefer the Wii U since it has greater capabilities.

Kingdom Hearts on Wii U would ruin everything this beautiful game has ever stood for.

Why/how?

State

Awards
Kingdom Hearts on Wii U would ruin everything this beautiful game has ever stood for.
=/
+ High-Definition graphics.
+ Apparently, more powerful or equal as the PlayStation 3.
+ You can play with the Wiimote, Wii U Pad or a controller resembling the PS3's.
+ The PS3 will start to die in a year; KH3 will take more than two years.

Magnum

And nice sig.

Why thanks, he's my favorite character in the game.

=/
+ High-Definition graphics.
+ Apparently, more powerful or equal as the PlayStation 3.
+ You can play with the Wiimote, Wii U Pad or a controller resembling the PS3's.
+ The PS3 will start to die in a year; KH3 will take more than two years.​

Yep, it's gonna ruin the series. XD​

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Bill Diskin

Nye the Science Guy XD jkjkjk

As for KH3 on the Wii U, you know, at first I was a PS3/4 only person, but I think KH3 could work well on the Wii U. I mean, the graphics are just as good as the PS3 and 360 I believe, and I don't think KH3 would suffer all too much if it had those graphics lol xP I'm just scared to see how the Wii U sells because if it doesn't sell too well, I don't want KH3 too suffer. Also, if they are already in plans to move onto KH3, I'm very shocked they didn't do an HD remaster yet, I mean the series is 10 years old, you can't expect everyone to just understand it from the beginning if they couldn't play KH1 or KH2 :(

State

Awards
You have to take in mind that KH3D has those journal entries that "review" games before it, but a HD remaster would be better and could book a quick cash for SE. Other than that, if KH3 were to be released on the Wii U, it'd be a year after its release, seeing as how I'm sure Nomura is too busy working on Versus and other small projects before he can dedicate his full time into something as massive as the third (and last entry to a saga) into such a highly acclaimed series like Kingdom Hearts. So KH3 should start development after Versus' release, meaning it should take half a year before that and Nomura should be entering brainstorm phase with KH3, meaning development should start a month after Versus' release. Considering it's a year after the Wii U's release, it'd be enough time for it to attract some attention and consumers.

That's assuming Nomura isn't secretly working on it bit by bit.

theirlosthearts

Awards
You have to take in mind that KH3D has those journal entries that "review" games before it, but a HD remaster would be better and could book a quick cash for SE. Other than that, if KH3 were to be released on the Wii U, it'd be a year after its release, seeing as how I'm sure Nomura is too busy working on Versus and other small projects before he can dedicate his full time into something as massive as the third (and last entry to a saga) into such a highly acclaimed series like Kingdom Hearts. So KH3 should start development after Versus' release, meaning it should take half a year before that and Nomura should be entering brainstorm phase with KH3, meaning development should start a month after Versus' release. Considering it's a year after the Wii U's release, it'd be enough time for it to attract some attention and consumers.

That makes sense to me. The only problem could be that the Wii U fails in sales (ok, that's not going to happen unless @#!*% freezes over, let's just say it doesn't grab much of the KH fanbase), and Square Enix decides not to go with Wii U. At that point, PS3 and 360 are nearing the ends of their lives, so they wouldn't be the best option. what would they do then?

That's assuming Nomura isn't secretly working on it bit by bit.
I think I know what I think the man hisself's response would be: "Nomura: *Laughs*" It wouldn't surprise me though.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Like I said before in another thread, having KH3 on a console other than the PS3 (unless it's multiplatform) would render the main KH's team's learning of how to make games with the PS3 useless.

The main KH team developing it for another console would make KH3 take even longer to arrive, since they won't have any experience with the Wii-U or the Xbox 360/720 (or whatever gen it'll be) or any other console.

Another thing is that more people are going to have PS3's and Xbox 360's than the Wii-U or PS4 or Xbox 720 at about the time I estimate KH3 to come out, because they're newer consoles and most people won't fork out 400 bucks or whatever right away. More people owning the console=more people able to play it=more people going to probably buy it=more money. Square Enix likes money.

Last edited:

theirlosthearts

Awards
Like I said before in another thread, having KH3 on a console other than the PS3 (unless it's multiplatform) would render the main KH's team's learning of how to make games with the PS3 useless.

If the PS3 is outdated at that point, their experience will be useless regardless. It depends on how far into the future KH3 is going to be released.

The main KH team developing it for another console would make KH3 take even longer to arrive, since they won't have any experience with the Wii-U or the Xbox 360/720 (or whatever it's called) or any other console.

True, but making the fans wait so that the KH team might be able to produce a higher quality product doesn't seem to be a problem for them right now.

LMNOP

KH2 was released on the PS2 during its last full year. You need to understand systems dont die when new systems are released (Outside of Xbox). Look at the PS2 it lasted a good 2-3 years after the PS3 released before it stopped having games released on it. The PS3 isnt about to die especially when it is arguably going to technically still be the best system after the Wii U releases. Its far ahead of its competition and I wouldnt even think of seeing a PS4 released for a good 2-3 more years. Dont get me wrong itll be announced either next E3 or the year after at E3 but the PS3 is at its peak right now. So I expect it to come to PS3 undoubtedly but it could also possibly go to the WiiU, but honestly why? The Wii U wasnt made for games like Kingdom Hearts, but I do see that Nintendo is trying to get hardcore gamers back to there systems I just dont see it. Sorry but Id much rather play AC3 or Batman Arkham City on my PS3 or Xbox 360 then have to buy the WiiU and play the sam game there.

State

Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS II was released the same year the PS3 was released, so the console didn't start dying just yet. '_'

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
If the PS3 is outdated at that point, their experience will be useless regardless. It depends on how far into the future KH3 is going to be released.

I don't think the PS3 will be outdated when KH3 comes out. But yes, you're right, if KH3 comes out ten years from now (good god, I hope not), then yes, don't put it on the PS3.

True, but making the fans wait so that the KH team might be able to produce a higher quality product doesn't seem to be a problem for them right now.

If that was the attitude of the KH team, then all of the KH games would have been on consoles. Nomura already knows that people are anxious and getting impatient for KH3's release, and developing for a console they know how to develop for would make the game come out faster. Besides, if people say the Wii-U is at the level of the PS3/360, then why learn how to develop for it when they could get the same result on the PS3/360, one of which they already know how to develop for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back