• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

On The Matter of Friendship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Before anyone tells me that this should go in the help/support section, I'm just going to state here that the personal acount of events that proceeds this is a lead into my discussion topic.

So, the other day, I was attempting to speak with a friend of mine, (or rather, at this point, a "friend" of mine). However, they were rather blunt with me in their words, and the conversation pretty much ended with them saying that we were only friends with our music ensemble, and that we can just talk there, and not outside of the activity. Needless to say, this was something that frustrated the hell out of me, seeing as they talk with the other people we know from the group, even when we're not together. Their reasons, were stupid in my opinion, something regarding friendship boundaries, or some shit.

So, the discussion at hand:
What exactly is the nature of friendship? Can one that disintegrates after people are outside of a certain group, or setting really be considered a friendship at all? Or is it right for friendships to have such boundaries?

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I know what your going through, last year me and my friends would always hang out and talk and whatever but this year its not like that. My friend moved, and he and my other friend started to talk with each other more than me and now they only talk to themselves instead of me and I find about everything months later and all my other friends barely talk to me.

I dont think that a friendship should have any boundaries, if it does have boundaries, like what your talking about, then its not really a friendship.

Lolita

Dear You
I think friendship is a form of bond between two people, in which they're there for each other whenever they need to. Of course, friends fight, and some fights can be pretty emotionally painful, but most of the time you make up. A friend, to me, is someone that I can always count on to talk to when I need someone to be there for me, someone who enlightens my day when I see them and can make me smile and laugh, and just have a good time with, a dependable person worthy of one's trust.

For the person you're talking about, I would personally tell you that they're not worth it. You want to form a bond with them and you're trying to talk to them, and they're just pushing you away, so bluntly. Like I said, friends are people who are there for you when you need them. If a "friend" is just someone who at the moment is all like "omg ily" and then when you're not at school or in your club doesnt give a shit about you and pushes you away like that, I don't believe that people like that are friends, just classmates who I can talk to while they're there, but not people who I can depend on and truly call my "friend". Even though it doesn't seem so, valuing someone as a "friend" or "best friend", there's alot of emotion and trust to that phrase, and I personally don't believe it should be given to just anyone.
But this is me, and recently i've gone over plenty of emotional pain with someone i've known for 8 years, as well as i'm someone who has trust issues and isn't much of a people person.

All in all, I say they're not worth it. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back