• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pausing instead of saving

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you ever pause video games when you leave?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Yes, sometimes.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Yes, but very rarely.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No, never really thought of doing it.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No, because that's abusing your system.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genin~Kizashi

Hey, I was just wondering, does anyone in here ever exhibit a habit of pausing a video game when leaving, instead saving and turning off the system?

A friend of mine caught me doing that once with my copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I was playing as Ermac, he was playing as Kabal, and in the middle of it we decided to go to lunch.(obviously you cant save Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but it's still the same idea)

Instead of turning off the game, I just paused it, got my car keys, and walked out the door. He told me that doing that is bad for your system. I suppose it makes sense, even though I do it all the time and never have a problem.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
No it isnt. Its just like playing a game. For hours...

I'm gonna play for hours on my poor wii...

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
Lol i do that too, like my and my cousin will be playing then we'll go outside and we'll pause the game and leave it on......

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Depends on where it is I'm going. If I'm running somewhere for less than 20 minutes, I'll leave it paused, but never longer.

Off topic, but I haven't seen you post in a while Genin. I think you're that dude I used to argue with all the time, but I'm not sure...whatever.

XxXHeartlessXxX

i sometimes do that when i leave...its maybe the fact that i think that i dont have the time to save
a month is pretty long to leave your game on the longest ive had it on was for three days
the only negative of this i think is wasting electricity lol

Josiah

Quarian Power!
-Cough- Unfortunatly Yes. And the worse part is, Sometimes I try to pause it, Not remembering that the game doesn't even pause, And I come back And I'm Long dead x.x;;

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Lol, Well In DoC when You do those "Missions" When you bring up the Menu, To use a potion or whatever, Gameplay Is STILL Going O_O;

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I have a horrible habit of doing that, but it really isn't bad for your console as long as it doesn't overheat. Though I've never done it for more than around three days.

0__0 You've Done it for--Days???! =/ Wow, I'm Impressed... With your console that is ;) Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back