• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Propaganda

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Yeah, I can tell Hitler sure stuck with his people considering he committed suicide before Germany's surrender.

Like hed have lived anyway...

1.Do you think Hitler was really that evil?
Define what you view as evil, so I have you standard, because our view of evil might be different. He mass murdered people in the name that he was defending Germany. Truthfully, that Allies from WW1 share some blame for the taxation on Germany that made the food prices insane and lead conditions to be perfect for Hilter to take power. He took his angry out on Jews and all other races just because they hadn't been as badly affected financially during WW1 and were the only people making a profit at the time. To me, his greed and lust for power and using that as justification for murder makes him fairly "evil" (though evil isn't the term I would use.)

2. Do you think he had a right to defend his people?
From what? See 1

His country was dying wdf...

3. Do you think he should of been as mad as he was?
I suppose Germany (Hilter was not a German) had a right to be unhappy about the taxation.

Ok fair enough

American has it's fault, but generally yes. It's a better place to live most of the time.

How so?

Hayley Williams

Like hed have lived anyway...
That's not really the point... I mean yeah, better than getting captured and killed by the enemy, but I mean for a man that claimed to be all for Germany, he sure left them without a chain of command in the final hours till the army collapsed.

His country was dying wdf...
His country was dying from the taxation from WW1 treaty, not the Jews. They just happened to profit off it for some reason. Technically he persecuted Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped, basically anyone that had a defect in his Aryan race (which is funny because he himself had brown hair, brown eyes) and most of those people had no part in the reason his country was dying. He also tried to take over the world and almost succeeded (other than Switzerland, the Axis Nations, England, and America [not sure about Spain]) Also he committed suicide instead of leading his countrymen till the end which shows how much he actually cared about his country, he didn't want to defend it, he was a power hungry man on a self-righteous vendetta on the world.

Well, we don't pay as much in taxes out of our paycheck as Europe, namely France. Sure we have a shotty government and corrupt politicians, but lets face it, that's almost anyone in politics. Personally, I just like living in America. I have no justification for why, I just do.

Awards
Time for a little history lesson, for those who are not familiar:

At the end of World War I, an armistice was declared between the Axis and the Allied Powers. A meeting between Germany and the Allies took place very soon after, during which German ambassadors were basically forced to sign a document called the Treaty of Versailles. The Treaty of Versailles was alarmingly unfair to Germany. It made them assume full responsibility for causing the war, and they were required to pay reparations to all of the other European countries that had suffered as a result of the conflict. I can't recall the exact amount of money, but it was the modern day equivalent of billions and billions of dollars. Germany did not have that kind of cash to spare, especially since they were just coming out of the war as well. So in order to pay off their massive debts, the German government began printing billions of dollars worth of new money with absolutely nothing to back it up. This caused the value of German currency to plummet, leading to extreme hyperinflation and a severe economic depression. On top of that, several other European countries began to insist that Germany pay even more in reparations than originally agreed upon. At this point, the German people were understandably, and in my opinion rightfully, enraged and feeling as though they were being bullied by the rest of Europe. It was during this time that Hitler rose to power, playing off of the anger of the general population within his country. He managed to convince a large segment of the population that the Jews and the Gypsies and a handful of other minority groups were to blame for all of Germany's problems, and I think we know what happens next.

So what opinions do I derive from all of this? The German people were absolutely treated unfairly and fully within their rights to be angry about the way they were vilified. I fail to see how that changes the fact that Hitler was a racist lunatic who nearly succeeded in orchestrating the systemic extermination of an entire culture. I'm not convinced that his heart was in the right place; I'm not convinced that he did any of the things that he did for the greater good of his country. I think he lied and manipulated people who were facing hard times into killing and dying for his own madness.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
That's not really the point... I mean yeah, better than getting captured and killed by the enemy, but I mean for a man that claimed to be all for Germany, he sure left them without a chain of command in the final hours till the army collapsed.

His country was dying from the taxation from WW1 treaty, not the Jews. They just happened to profit off it for some reason. Technically he persecuted Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped, basically anyone that had a defect in his Aryan race (which is funny because he himself had brown hair, brown eyes) and most of those people had no part in the reason his country was dying. He also tried to take over the world and almost succeeded (other than Switzerland, the Axis Nations, England, and America [not sure about Spain]) Also he committed suicide instead of leading his countrymen till the end which shows how much he actually cared about his country, he didn't want to defend it, he was a power hungry man on a self-righteous vendetta on the world.

I agree with this completely and all the way 100%.

Captain Garlock

Honestly I keep seeing people say Jews he killed more than jews.
You gusy fail to look at his point of view as well.

I think he lied and manipulated people who were facing hard times into killing and dying for his own madness.

Sounds fucking famialir to modern times now doesnt it.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I never said he simply killed just Jews. Besides, Hitler was not the only one to do something like that. Look at Mao Zedong or Joseph Stalin.

Captain Garlock

True.
But the overall question is what person does not backstab to achieve his goals to some degree?
We all have a dream for a utopia but the thing is how far will we take it well hitler wanted it bad.

Hayley Williams

True.
But the overall question is what person does not backstab to achieve his goals to some degree?
We all have a dream for a utopia but the thing is how far will we take it well hitler wanted it bad.
I believe I listed off about 4-5 different groups he persecuted aside from the Jews (I could be wrong, it's 2 in the morning and my brain is just like *slap* no). One man's utopia is another's hell which is why the world will never be completely perfect, you just can't satisfy everyone. And actually to add on the list of beside Hilter; the Catholic Church with the crusades, the Romans, The Greeks, The British, Africa (as you mentioned earlier). It's inevitable that history repeats itself again and again, but that's doesn't make it anymore justifiable or less "evil" any time.

Captain Garlock

I believe I listed off about 4-5 different groups he persecuted aside from the Jews (I could be wrong, it's 2 in the morning and my brain is just like *slap* no).

Never said you didnt.

One man's utopia is another's hell which is why the world will never be completely perfect, you just can't satisfy everyone.

Exactly why he did what he did i assume he knew his poeple were in hell would waited to help them and his poeple.

Honestly now it was evil but on a human to human basis id say its understandable.

Hayley Williams

Alright, I see where you're coming from and I can agree with that. I can understand where he's coming from, but understanding and condoning are two different things and you asked if we thought he was evil, not if we understood he's reasoning, you see what I'm saying?

Captain Garlock

You also missed where i pointed out how the media portrays people and people go with it notice how you came in with the biased attitude but in term can somewhat understand.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Is this another on your of attempts to sound worldly?

I don't think that there is a lot of room to argue if Hitler was a good man or not. From his actions, its pretty obvious he was in some degrees insane and a vile stain on the existence of humanity.

Captain Garlock

Nope idk what yur even referring to.
I just hate how people judge people or places without weghting facts in fact this was a debate we had in my pre college course of english whats really deemed good and bad.
Honestly now your acting quite foolish.
Look at his sided for a second his people were blamed for a war and such he only wanted to perhaps build a world that was fair for his people..
Honestly I dont hear you saying the USA is just like hitler when we actually are if you look at our history were sorta wose.
To me all this bad people and evilness we talk about is bullshit and its gotta stop.

Hayley Williams

You also missed where i pointed out how the media portrays people and people go with it notice how you came in with the biased attitude but in term can somewhat understand.

I could understand it when I posted the first time, doesn't make it any less "evil""wrong" whichever term you'd like.

I don't think that there is a lot of room to argue if Hitler was a good man or not. From his actions, its pretty obvious he was in some degrees insane and a vile stain on the existence of humanity.
I agree with this

I just hate how people judge people or places without weghting facts in fact this was a debate we had in my pre college course of english whats really deemed good and bad.
Look at his sided for a second his people were blamed for a war and such he only wanted to perhaps build a world that was fair for his people..
Honestly I dont hear you saying the USA is just like hitler when we actually are if you look at our history were sorta wose.
To me all this bad people and evilness we talk about is bullshit and its gotta stop.
]
You asked a loaded question though, it wasn't if we understood why Hilter did it, just if we thought he was evil and that opinion could have been influenced any which way not all of which involve the media. It's a technicality that will get you every time.
Once again, Hilter was not German, they weren't his people, and building a world that is for his people doesn't mean destroy the world. Yeah the GERMAN people had a right to be pissed, but the answer was not "go mass murder hundreds of thousands to millions". There's no doubt that the man was good, after all he took over almost all of Europe and held the USSR and the Allies off for almost 10 years, but it still doesn't make what he did okay, it's still down evil and wicked to the core.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

He was never fair to his people. He created a genocide. Under no circumstances is that allowed. He only brought more shame upon his people through his actions. The USA is not like Nazi Germany.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
He was never fair to his people. He created a genocide. Under no circumstances is that allowed. He only brought more shame upon his people through his actions. The USA is not like Nazi Germany.

It can be, though.

However, Hitler also pulled Nazi Germany out of a depression that was far worse than the USA's, and faster than FDR. Was he evil for that? Most likely in the long run, since the improved economy fueled the manufacturing of armored vehicles and planes for the Blitzkreig Strategy. In the short run, it was good, to a degree.

Awards
Look at his sided for a second his people were blamed for a war and such he only wanted to perhaps build a world that was fair for his people...

You want to know about the world that Hitler tried to build?

holocaust123.jpg

romanichildrenauschwitz.jpg

Splash_Magazines_Holocaust_.jpg

holocaust1.jpg

auschwitz_prisoners.jpg

holocaust-remnants2.GIF

concentration.jpg

image001.jpg

And these pictures are nothing. They don't depict infants being tossed into furnaces to be burned alive; they don't show women being systemically beaten and gang raped by their German captors; they don't show people being forced to grovel in their own shit; they don't show hordes of people gasping for breath as they spend their final moments suffocating inside of a gas chamber. This is what Hitler did to over ten million people. It seems to me that in every other post you've made in the last couple of days you've tried to find some way to defend Hitler, and I have to say that I think it's fcuking disgusting. Most rational people can agree that the Treaty of Versailles was unfair. Let's leave it at that, and NOT try to defend the agenda of a mass murderer. Economic turmoil is not a justification for genocide. Hitler was an idiot, a monster, a lunatic, a racist and a manipulator. One of the worst that humanity has ever had to offer.

The United States of America is absolutely nothing like Nazi Germany and never has been. To suggest that we were worse is abhorrent, if not insane.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I may not have been alive back then, but as a european from one of the areas heavily affected by the war, I can't stop myself from saying something here.
Hitler did some good things, there's no denying that. Thanks to him, there have been freeways (I don't know about the US, but they were non-existant in Europe before WWII) and he and his party basically made cars available to the general public by founding Volkswagen. I'm sure there's more, but I don't recall at the moment.

But that doesn't take away that he was a fcuking horrible asshole of a human being. The things he did for his Third Reich went well beyond the usual happenings of a war, like Bangkok's post shows. Even only a couple of months ago, I walked past a cinema when they unveiled a commemorative plate. In the war, that cinema had been specifically targeted by a V2 missile and caused somewhere around 560 death. A cinema for fcuks sake. I've been to prisoner camps on school trips (no concentration camps, they were in other countries) and got to see all these nice pictures and fun devices they used on the prisoners whenever the guards were feeling a bit too bored.
There's absolutely no way you could condone slaughtering everything that wasn't "aryan", which was a flawed reasoning in itself, seeing as the vast majority of the germans, austrians and italians weren't aryan anyway, Hitler being pretty much the best example. Do you want to know why people still think he's evil? Take a trip to Germany itself and ask around. I fcuking tripledare you. They'll eat you alive for even suggesting that history's been wrongfully persecuting him. They don't like talking about him and those willing will probably mention things that will make your hair fall out.

I seriously lol though about how you're questioning the "propaganda" about a man who almost solely ruled through propaganda himself.

In the end, neither you or I was alive back then, so neither one of us truly knows perfectly what we're talking about. But you, you take it to a whole new level.

And no, Columbus wasn't as great.

Dunno, don't live in the US. Intend to one day travel the world and visit every state of the US, if I have the necessary funds.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
There also seems to be a common misconception that Hitler, though an abhorrent human being, was some kind of profound genius...when he really wasn't.

All he did was take advantage of social, political, economic, and racial tensions so he could seize power from an angry and bitter nation who'd been wronged, so he could go and act like a fuckhead.

It does not take any sort of "genius" to do that: just charisma and good timing.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Why is this a topic? Hitler was a genocidal, racist, disgusting piece of utter shit that could barely still be called a human being. I hope he was mad; I would like to think that no one can do what he did and not be broken inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back