• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Replicated emories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avens

Up to the end of Days, I assumed that Xion had been made from memories collected by Xemnas in KHFM, when he meets Sora. And then, Xemnas goes and throws out that idea while explaining about Xion: she's made from replicated memories.

...And so, I have several questions.
a) Where are they getting these memories in the first place?
b) Why would you ever replicate memories if you had the real thing?
c) What happened to the real ones?
d) If Xion is made from replica memories and not raw material, then in what way is she still connected to Sora? (If I make a copy of a painting, while the painting still references the original artist, it's not really still a part of that artist's work, right?)

White Mushroom

Up to the end of Days, I assumed that Xion had been made from memories collected by Xemnas in KHFM, when he meets Sora. And then, Xemnas goes and throws out that idea while explaining about Xion: she's made from replicated memories.

...And so, I have several questions.
d) If Xion is made from replica memories and not raw material, then in what way is she still connected to Sora? (If I make a copy of a painting, while the painting still references the original artist, it's not really still a part of that artist's work, right?)

A) From Namine at the end of CoM
B) Its her who is replicated not the memories. They are just called replicated because they aren't hers, but she still has them as hers.
C)They are back in Sora's head, safe and sound. :)
D)She's got his memories. (also on your analogy the painter that made the copy would still have to say who did the original otherwise they go to jail, so no, they're still related.)

Hope I helped! :]

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

1) She's not made from them. There is a puppet at the base that the Memories shaped, but at the core of the being is not the Memories, it's something else.
2) He didn't throw that idea out. He sampled Sora's Memories in the FM fight, no doubt about that if you watch the scene. It's just that if he used those Memories as implied in the Days novels, it was to establish a relation between Xion and Sora's Memories, not to create her from them. Xion as the test subject was already in existence.

The Memories initially were indeed duplicated. From there on out, however, through CoM as well, unlike what Shroomy said (Still love you <3) the Memories Namine delinked from Sora as he was going up Castle Oblivion leaked enough into Xion through Roxas. Once Namine tore the Memories apart completely, it was easier for them to leak into Xion and stay there.

Because only Namine had the ability to toy with Memories to such an extent. Sampling and duplicating a bit of Sora's Memories was everything Xemnas must've been able to do.
From there on out, however, it's not replicated Memories, it's the real thing, stated bluntly in-game. Namely:

The reason Sora couldn't wake up because his memories, the original memories, were inside Xion, held as her own. Xion was a replica because she was shaped into Sora by his Memories, not because the Memories were replicated.

They are the real deal. By planting the replicated Memories from Hollow Bastion, however, and keeping Xion next to Roxas, Xemnas made sure Sora's Memories would have a route to go through before they rejoined the replicated Memories inside Xion.

White Mushroom

1) She's not made from them. There is a puppet at the base that the Memories shaped, but at the core of the being is not the Memories, it's something else.
2) He didn't throw that idea out. He sampled Sora's Memories in the FM fight, no doubt about that if you watch the scene. It's just that if he used those Memories as implied in the Days novels, it was to establish a relation between Xion and Sora's Memories, not to create her from them. Xion as the test subject was already in existence.

The Memories initially were indeed duplicated. From there on out, however, through CoM as well, unlike what Shroomy said (Still love you <3) the Memories Namine delinked from Sora as he was going up Castle Oblivion leaked enough into Xion through Roxas. Once Namine tore the Memories apart completely, it was easier for them to leak into Xion and stay there.

Because only Namine had the ability to toy with Memories to such an extent. Sampling and duplicating a bit of Sora's Memories was everything Xemnas must've been able to do.
From there on out, however, it's not replicated Memories, it's the real thing, stated bluntly in-game. Namely:

The reason Sora couldn't wake up because his memories, the original memories, were inside Xion, held as her own. Xion was a replica because she was shaped into Sora by his Memories, not because the Memories were replicated.

They are the real deal. By planting the replicated Memories from Hollow Bastion, however, and keeping Xion next to Roxas, Xemnas made sure Sora's Memories would have a route to go through before they rejoined the replicated Memories inside Xion.
OKay so I guess I was sorta right and sorta wrong.
Sorryfor posting partially incorrect answers.
Smile, you made me feel stupid again... :0

White Mushroom

Nah, no reason to feel stupid. They didn't really bother explaining it, especially with them not explaining what happened in Hollow Bastion.
Okay I feel better. I always read this question threads and I read everyonelses and then yours is like 3x as long and I actually learn something. Good job again!

The part really confused me was that and the CO thing. Completely forgot about the Roxas memory thing and Xion being a sponge (but instead she soaks up memories! ). Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back