• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Quadratum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Astoria

Awards
I was doing a bit of thinking about everything we know so far and a thought occurred to me that maybe we'll get to play as Riku in KH4? We know that the Power of Waking is there to follow hearts to reach worlds so it's safe to say that Riku uses that portal at the end of MoM to reach Sora...but is Quadratum technically a sleeping world? If it's unreality and you can only get there through dreams (Riku's case) or death (Sora's case) then would that make Quadratum sleeping or is unreality a totally different thing?

I also wonder how Disney worlds will fit. Nomura said that Quadratum will act as a sort of base, and then you travel to different worlds and come back, but would it just be Sora doing that, or do you think Riku will be doing that as well? Is travel between worlds like how it's always been through space in unreality or do you think it might be through data like video games, movies, or TV shows?

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think travel between the worlds in unreality will function like past series, set in space. Without a Gummi ship it could be done through something like a subway in Quadratum.

As for if Riku will be going to Disney worlds, I could see it happening if the worlds in unreality function like the Dream worlds. If not I think he will have his own thing going on separately.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think Quadratum will not have worlds like we know it. We know Quadratum is a hub, so there will need to be a sort of function that allows easy traversal to other locations and from Quadratum.

Quadratum is an “after life” in a reality that does not function using the same rules as the one Sora comes from. Any world traversal will also likely follow a new format.

Quadratum being an “after life”, it would exist right after the border of death, and as we know the border of sleep and death are fuzzy. Riku can use the Power of Waking utilizing his dreams, Nameless Star’s heart, and Kairi’s memories as the key because they are all intrinsically linked.

I don’t think this is indicative of how worlds will function, but rather just explains why Riku is utilizing this particular power related to sleep to access Quadratum. It isn’t a sleeping world…it is a world of the dead and that borders sleep.

But I do think that there will be something tied to sleep and dreams in Quadratum. Will that be how worlds are accessed? Who knows.

I have a theory. I know Antifa Lockhart has a theory.

I think people should look to P5 and NTWEWY for some ideas.

Back