• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku n Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
From the new Trailer Vanitas has a voice ridiculously similat to Riku and also a fighting style n posting like Riku so do anyone think they have any relationship?? maybe Vanitas is Riku??

There might be a connection but Vanitas can't be Riku.
We do see Riku non destiny island as a small boy.
Wait maybe Vanitas could be Riku's future self

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
You don't know that for a fact. You can't just say that something that hasn't already shown up in the game will NEVER show up in the game. Remember Timeless River? Remember how it's called "Timeless" and you travel there via portal instead of gummi ship? I'm just saying it's possible. But in all likely hood Riku did not travel back in time and become Vanitas.

I know this because time travel is not a motif in Kingdom Hearts. The games follow a certain trend, and introducing Time travelling in, would wreck the continuity they dicked us over with, I mean worked so hard to produce. Time travel does not follow this trend, therefore I can say with certainty it will not be in KH.

Timeless River is not time travel. If anything, it's the very memories of the world itself.

very good point!!!
25 characters

Not really.

There might be a connection but Vanitas can't be Riku.
We do see Riku non destiny island as a small boy.
Wait maybe Vanitas could be Riku's future self

that'd involve time travel. And Riku is 5 during BBS. Vanitas can't be future Riku.
Vanitas' body type matches KH1 Riku's. KH1 Riku didn't have a Keyblade.

Awesome Ansem

If anything, Vanitas has a connection to Ven. Someone already confirmed that Riku's seiyuu doesn't voice him, anyway-- it's much more likely that Sora's does.

YouTube - Vanitas isn't voiced by Mamoru Miyano (Riku), but by Miyu Irino (Sora)!

That video is just one guy's opinion. I personally thought that Vanitas sounded more like Riku's voice actor than Sora's even after watching that video. Who confirmed that Riku's "seiyuu" (a word that's not english, so why would you use it here) doesn't voice him? I thought it was still unconfirmed.

Last edited:

Awesome Ansem

Timeless River is not time travel. If anything, it's the very memories of the world itself.

I don't think anyone was saying it would be time travel except you; you're the one that brought it up. I don't think Timeless River is just a pile of memories, either. Plus, I don't think Riku's "body type" has changed all that much. And if it did, it would be hard to tell unless you compared Riku and Vanitas side-by-side, which we obviously can't.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post! didn't realize.

Last edited:

Ansem Darkheart

I know this because time travel is not a motif in Kingdom Hearts. The games follow a certain trend, and introducing Time travelling in, would wreck the continuity they dicked us over with, I mean worked so hard to produce. Time travel does not follow this trend, therefore I can say with certainty it will not be in KH.

Time travel has yet to be determined as a motif for the series. I can agree that time travel isn't a motif yet, but you can't say that it will never be involved. (just wait till Rhinoa shows up in KH) I'm sorry time travel isn't in your imaginary recipe for the perfect Kingdom Hearts. Until we find out, I guess they will just have to keep dicking with us.

Timless River is not time travel. If anything, it's the very memories of the world itself.

Memories is totally Castle Oblivion. Not saying it can't be, or isn't memories. I am just saying that, the place is called "Timeless" River. The word "timeless" implies some form of time travel. I will agree it is and isolated incident. However, It may show up again, thus would become a motif. The same could be said for Castle Oblivion and memories. Meaning other places could show up having to do with memories.

What I'm saying is nothing is certain.

Not really.

Dick move. Don't penalize someone for agreeing with somebody else. How about trying to help them understand your point of view and why you believe the things you do.

that'd involve time travel. And Riku is 5 during BBS. Vanitas can't be future Riku.

For the record, I admit not having all the information possibly available for this argument. However I don't think anyone was arguing that Vanitas is Riku from the future. I just thought they were trying to point out how connected the two of them are.

From the new Trailer Vanitas has a voice ridiculously similat to Riku and also a fighting style n posting like Riku so do anyone think they have any relationship?? maybe Vanitas is Riku??

Thanks... Click here!

silentmusic16

I believe there was a theory once; something like, Van looks like the hypothetical Nobody of Riku, in that he is the opposite/rival of Ven. If Ven looks like Sora's Nobody, Van should look like what Riku's Nobody would look like.

that makes....a lot of sense actually! ehich is why it would never be in kh. nothing here makes sense, and thats why i love it, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back