• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku the Keyblade Master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

baconbits

I read in the KH wiki that Riku was the original one to be chosen by the keyblade, not Sora. But this changed when Riku wandered into the darkness... I mean, is this true? Seems kinda off to me. Sorry if this has been discussed before

Key of Valor

The Professor
baconbits said:
I read in the KH wiki that Riku was the original one to be chosen by the keyblade, not Sora. But this changed when Riku wandered into the darkness... I mean, is this true? Seems kinda off to me. Sorry if this has been discussed before

Riku was the one originally intended to receive the Kingdom Key.

When the Heartless attacked Destiny Islands, Sora found Riku on the circular rock across the bridge. There, the darkness began to wrap around Sora and Riku. Sora tried to reach out to Riku as they both were sinking into the darkness. Sora in his efforts to reach Riku was somehow able to touch Riku's light, and the Keyblade responded to this by going to Sora instead. The Keyblade just wasn't able to go to Riku at that point since Riku's heart and being was wrapped in darkness.

Sora was able to keep possession of the Keyblade during KH1, but at Hollow Bastion Riku was able to call the Keyblade to come to him. With no darkness obstructing the transfer this time, the Keyblade was able to go to Riku, its rightful owner, even if Riku's heart was full of darkness. (Remember, the Keyblade goes to the person with the strongest heart, but the heart doesn't necessarily need to be good)

However, when Sora confronted Riku again at the Entrance Hall, Sora embraced the strength of his heart, claiming that his power comes from his friends. Such a belief made Sora's heart stronger than Riku's and thus allowed Sora to call the Keyblade back to him. After that event, Sora became the new chosen wielder of that Keyblade and has remained as such ever since.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
I aam not sure, but yes, it is true. you figure it out in the first game, at Hollow Bastion. you know, the frikin annoying part were you have to use a wooden sword while fighting along side beast:lol::lol::lol:

baconbits

When the Heartless attacked Destiny Islands, Sora found Riku on the circular rock across the bridge. There, the darkness began to wrap around Sora and Riku. Sora tried to reach out to Riku as they both were sinking into the darkness. Sora in his efforts to reach Riku was somehow able to touch Riku's light, and the Keyblade responded to this by going to Sora instead. The Keyblade just wasn't able to go to Riku at that point since Riku's heart and being was wrapped in darkness.

Sora was able to keep possession of the Keyblade during KH1, but at Hollow Bastion Riku was able to call the Keyblade to come to him. With no darkness obstructing the transfer this time, the Keyblade was able to go to Riku, its rightful owner, even if Riku's heart was full of darkness. (Remember, the Keyblade goes to the person with the strongest heart, but the heart doesn't necessarily need to be good)

However, when Sora confronted Riku again at the Entrance Hall, Sora embraced the strength of his heart, claiming that his power comes from his friends. Such a belief made Sora's heart stronger than Riku's and thus allowed Sora to call the Keyblade back to him. After that event, Sora became the new chosen wielder of that Keyblade and has remained as such ever since.

Kinda depressing/disappointing really. It sort of makes the main character... not the main character

Talys Alankil

uuuuuuuuuum no riku is not the intended keyblade wielder it was always meant for sora tetsuya noruma never said that it was actually for riku idk who said that but its not true!!!!! i mean hello sora didnt have that dream for nothin on the first kh game. and i didnt see anything on Wikipedia about riku being the actually wielder and kh2 even riku said he was jealous of sora because he always felt sora had a stronger heart and that sora always kept a smile on his face through the hardest times..so idk where this riku was the chosen wielder thing came from but tetsuya noruma never said that so its false.

(Off topic : double post isn't going to enforce your opinion)
(Also off topic : Because wikipedia doesn't mention it doesn't mean it's not true, especially when talking about video games)

Anyway, Sora was always meant to be the game's hero, but that doesn't mean that, plot-wise, Riku couldn't be the intended Keyblade master. Really, it's all explained in the games by Maleficent and Xehanort's Heartless : Riku was the intended Keyblade master, then because of the darkness wrapping him on Destiny's Island it went to Sora. In Traverse Town Riku could take Sora's Keyblade without any of Maleficent's advice, and Sora couldn't teleport it out of his hand, remember ? At that time Riku gave it back to Sora, then Maleficent told him he was the real master, and he took it off Sora in Hollow Bastion. But then, Sora found the strength in his hearts coming from his friends, and his heart became definitely stronger than Riku's, which made him the new Master of this Keyblade.
About the dream, as I said, Sora was meant to be the hero, so he had this dream so we can have the tutorial/main choices (Scepter/Sword/Shield, exp rate, blah blah blah) with the hero. That wouldn't have been logical to have the tutorial with someone else, and that this "someone else"'s choice affected Sora after all.

Unumus

Awards

Wich would explain why they said the keyblade weilder will bring Chaos or Good to the Universe/Worlds

Key of Valor

The Professor
TeamMatt said:
uuuuuuuuuum no riku is not the intended keyblade wielder it was always meant for sora tetsuya noruma never said that it was actually for riku idk who said that but its not true!!!!!

Well I understand that it might be hard to believe that Riku was the original chosen one, but Nomura has indeed commented on that idea a few times already:

Nomura Interview said:
---About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?
Nomura: That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

Another Report said:
There should be a hint about Riku being a chosen wielder hidden discretely somewhere in the additions to the game, so certainly try and find it.

(And by that, it is believed he was referring to what the Lingering Sentiment said to Sora in KH2:fm)

TeamMatt said:
i mean hello sora didnt have that dream for nothin on the first kh game.

That dream wasn't necessarily related to the Keyblade though. In fact, the dream never mentioned the Keyblade. The dream emphasized two main messages: 1) Sora will open the door to light, and 2) Sora holds the mightiest weapon of all.

Now if that really was the Door to Light Sora opened at the end of KH2, then it can be seen that opening that door involved no Keyblade. Riku even claims that Sora was able to open the door because of his heart.

As for the mightiest weapon of all, it was revealed at the Final Rest in KH1 that Sora's mightiest weapon was his heart, not the Keyblade.

Therefore that dream wasn't necessarily connected to Sora receiving the Keyblade. The two events seem to only be related through coincident.

TeamMatt said:
so idk where this riku was the chosen wielder thing came from but tetsuya noruma never said that so its false.

Just because Nomura doesn't confirm something, doesn't mean it's false. But on this particular issue, Nomura has spoken on the subject and discussed some information pertaining to Riku being the original chosen wielder.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
uuuuuuuuuum no riku is not the intended keyblade wielder it was always meant for sora tetsuya noruma never said that it was actually for riku idk who said that but its not true!!!!! i mean hello sora didnt have that dream for nothin on the first kh game. and i didnt see anything on Wikipedia about riku being the actually wielder and kh2 even riku said he was jealous of sora because he always felt sora had a stronger heart and that sora always kept a smile on his face through the hardest times..so idk where this riku was the chosen wielder thing came from but tetsuya noruma never said that so its false.

Interview said:
---About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?
Nomura:
That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

Yes he did.

(25 Characters)

Kriux

Yeah... Nomura stated that Riku was the actual keyblade wielder but he had a weak heart so Sora got the Keyblade instead... Then at the very end of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (beginning of KH2) Riku had the ability to wield a keyblade known as The Way to Dawn which was a keyblade of the Realm of Light...

Key of Valor

The Professor
Kriux said:
Yeah... Nomura stated that Riku was the actual keyblade wielder but he had a weak heart so Sora got the Keyblade instead... Then at the very end of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (beginning of KH2) Riku had the ability to wield a keyblade known as The Way to Dawn which was a keyblade of the Realm of Light...

Well actually, Riku didn't get the Way to Dawn until after he fought Sora in the Land of Dragons and before he confronted Saix in The World That Never Was. The exact time he received that Keyblade is currently unknown (though personally I believe it was after Roxas used his Keyblades for the last time in that fight against Sora).

Kriux

Well actually, Riku didn't get the Way to Dawn until after he fought Sora in the Land of Dragons and before he confronted Saix in The World That Never Was. The exact time he received that Keyblade is currently unknown (though personally I believe it was after Roxas used his Keyblades for the last time in that fight against Sora).
Really?? Then how could he wield it at the end of KH 358/2 Days (After the battle with Roxas)???? I thought he could wield it then... Maybe i was wrong though...

Key of Valor

The Professor
Kriux said:
Really?? Then how could he wield it at the end of KH 358/2 Days (After the battle with Roxas)???? I thought he could wield it then... Maybe i was wrong though...

Riku didn't have a Keyblade after he defeated Roxas. The onlt Keyblade Riku had during that fight was Roxas' Oblivion, and Roxas took that Keyblade back from Riku. Then when Roxas was defeated, both his Keyblades fell to the ground and disappeared.

Kriux

Riku didn't have a Keyblade after he defeated Roxas. The onlt Keyblade Riku had during that fight was Roxas' Oblivion, and Roxas took that Keyblade back from Riku. Then when Roxas was defeated, both his Keyblades fell to the ground and disappeared.
Oh maybe thats what I was thinking of my bad... But he did wield it after the Land of the Dragons is what your saying or in the fight with all those yellow bee-like heartless that float above you while you fight him... I just wanna get facts straight...

And does the Dark Keyblade at the end of KHI count as a Keyblade???

smuggler185

Alright, the truth of the matter is that Riku was the intended wielder of the Keyblade. Sora only got it because of two really important things. First, Riku chose darkness over light. Second, at that poiint in the game where Riku is surrounded by darkness, it would seem that Sora's heart is stronger because he didn't give into the darkness like Riku did. That's my take on the whole situation. Once again, RIKU WAS THE ORIGINAL CHOSEN WIELDER!!! I hope that clears it up for everyone.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Kriux said:
Oh maybe thats what I was thinking of my bad... But he did wield it after the Land of the Dragons is what your saying or in the fight with all those yellow bee-like heartless that float above you while you fight him... I just wanna get facts straight...

Well Riku didn't have a Keyblade when Sora fought him in the Land of Dragons (which was the fight with all those bee-like Heartless), so Riku must have gotten the Keyblade sometime after that battle.

Kriux said:
And does the Dark Keyblade at the end of KHI count as a Keyblade???

You mean the Key Sora used to open his heart? Well that weapon functioned liked a Keybade and looked like a Keyblade but it was only artificial, so it was a type of "fake" Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back