• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rise of Darkness - The Return of Garion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Whoo I'm back from my computer deprived absence(from which no one missed me) and since its summer I'm getting ready to get into the full swing of RPing. So while I was internet deprived I came up with a new character and would like to try him out so here he is. Be forwarned though this isn't quite complete.

Name: Hassan

Title/Nicknames: God of Thieves, Pranksters, and sometimes Sailors. He is also known as The Artful Dodger, The Prankster, The Nightwalker, and The Silent Thief of Precious Commodities

Age: Was alive since the ordering of the Omniverse. His age is beyond counting.

Home World:The Omniverse

Species: Elder God

Appearance: Here he is.
That is his basic appearance though he is known to change clothing at times. Hassan usually wears an outfit of black, baggy pants with an open black collared shirt. He has other tattoos on his back written in the language of the gods. What they mean is to be revealed…

Personality: Hassan has a playful yet sinister nature that goes well with his godly station. He is at times a playful trickster and at other times a murderous thief. As God of thieves Hassan has a love of money that goes beyond any human desire. He seems most of the time to be compelled to cheat people out of their belongings or to steal from people as he is controlled by the very things he represents. Hassan is of neutral alignment having really no side that he prefers to join. His main drive is to collect any sort of item or wealth and when given his due is kind, but when not, he is a god of wrath.

Special Abilities:

Intangibility: Hassan has the ability to become intangible and invisible to anyone and anything. In this state all physical attacks and most magical attacks don’t work on him but it is known that Chaos energy can disrupt this ability for a time.

Theft: Being the god of thieves, Hassan can steal anything from anyone, even some things that don’t actually exist. With this ability ha can steal the weapon of his opponent, their magic or even they’re soul. Though, like most of his abilities, this magical theft can be disrupted by something that disrupts the magic itself.

High Magic: Being a god, Hassan has access to the deepest secrets of magic and as such can all forth great magic of the Arcane and Divine forces. His mastery of this subject is astonishing and it is not uncommon for Hassan to destroy whole multiverses at the height of his power.

Ascendance: This is Hassan final technique. With it, he can ascend into his full godly form and have access to all of his powers. It this form Hassan is truly a god and as such can wield powers beyond imagination. Hassan rarely uses this form though for once he does, his form will break apart and his essence will return to the realm of the gods.

Weapon(s):

The Bag: The Bag is really just what it seems to be, a bag. This silver and blue bag though holds within it many inter-dimensional portals that lead to weapons of power and many other things. It can hold an infinite amount of things and even people. Hassan has even been known to stick whole planets in the bag as punishment for not paying him tribute.

Biography:

-Incomplete(I've still got a ways to go on this part)-

Theme Song: Dotted Line – The Ugli Stick

Alright then This is an open challenge to whomever wants to fight me. The setting is a vast plain of dead grass with dark, cloudy skies overhead and constant vollies of lightning strikes hitting the ground.

Rules:
Godmodding but within reason(no invincibility, dodging all attacks, etc.)
No powerplaying without anything to back it. (Make it interesting people)

Non continum.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Garion said:
Alright then This is an open challenge to whomever wants to fight me.
Yeah, it's an open challenge, SH. xD;

I'm too much of a novice to fight you, but I'm sure someone else will be glad to take on a challenge. Good luck with your battle!

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
How can you not be "godmodding" if your character is a god? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of that rule? Wouldn't using that character(who as a god naturally would have to have access to the powers of gods) be breaking your own rule and thus the opponent wins by default if the match is being called by judges?

If he's a god why are his clothes still ugly? If anything this character should be a manifest, and even then fixing that wouldn't make it any better. I like what you've tried to do with using a thief as your archetype, but I think a character such as this is better suited for melee battles, or roleplays involving some actual storyline(minus all that crap with the thief god magic).

Try something different. Who knows, if you do it might be better.

Garion

How can you not be "godmodding" if your character is a god? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of that rule? Wouldn't using that character(who as a god naturally would have to have access to the powers of gods) be breaking your own rule and thus the opponent wins by default if the match is being called by judges?

Look, even if he is a god it isn't godmodding. There are plenty of people here who could probably beat him and plus the rule of no godmodding is bend on a daily basis on these forums. What I mean when I say no god moddding not having powers of a god(which can be defeated) but being overly powerful/not having any weaknesses(which I did put in thank you)/always dodging attack etc. Being a god doesn't mean you're godmodding. A god is just a powerful being who is worshiped by others thats all.

If he's a god why are his clothes still ugly?If anything this character should be a manifest, and even then fixing that wouldn't make it any better. I like what you've tried to do with using a thief as your archetype, but I think a character such as this is better suited for melee battles, or roleplays involving some actual storyline(minus all that crap with the thief god magic).

Try something different. Who knows, if you do it might be better.

Wow, being a jerk much? If you don't think its good that is your opinion just please be nicer in how you present that opinion to others k? Like I said before this is a new character that I've just recently made so I still have a lot to work out.

On the manifest thing, NO. Really gods and manifests have little difference except that manifests are more for abstract ideas and gods represent more concret ideas. In any case I just find it easier to have it be a god. So I ask you to please repect the work of others and don't be so negative(in other words insulting) in your criticism ok?

I will fight you. I also enjoy testing out a new character. God of Thieves? Most interesting.

My template will be up in a bit

Alright thats fine. Would you like to go first or should I?

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
You people are far too touchy about this kind of stuff. I meant for that post to be funny. >.>

EDIT:

To explain the second bit of that post(after the comment on his clothes), it was merely a suggestion. VERY few characters are gods, and if you honestly want to make characters better you need to give them room to grow. Gods don't usually have said room to grow, and thus can be seen as being less successful than others. Generally if you create a character and they begin as being worshipped by many that's not a very good sign.

Believe it or not, that was me being nicer when I criticize because I don't actually have anything against you, and would like to see you improve. If you read some of the things I've said to Ankoku and Zabazu you'll see how I am when I honestly am being mean. Or when I've flat out told D2L and Breakdown that their ideas sucked.

Perhaps instead of looking to come after me for pointing out the flaws in your character, you should take what I say into consideration and do something different. How many characters do you see wearing all black? Honestly, it gets boring after a while so why not do something different? I told you I like the idea of basing your character on a thief(you read that bit, right?) but I also told you that it shouldn't have all the powers that you've given it.

This isn't a fight as much as it's me telling you what's wrong with your character, and you not being able to take the fact that there's just so much to point out. If you're honestly offended then I apologize I suppose, but if that's not enough then I guess you can challenge me. I don't think I've ever gotten around to finishing a roleplay battle, though I suppose this is as good a time as any to start, don't you?

Learn to take criticism or you're not going to like the time you spend here very much. Just because something seems like a good idea to you doesn't mean that it's going to be well-received by others. Get used to it.

Last edited:

Garion

You people are far too touchy about this kind of stuff. I meant for that post to be funny. >.>

EDIT:

To explain the second bit of that post(after the comment on his clothes), it was merely a suggestion. VERY few characters are gods, and if you honestly want to make characters better you need to give them room to grow. Gods don't usually have said room to grow, and thus can be seen as being less successful than others. Generally if you create a character and they begin as being worshipped by many that's not a very good sign.

Believe it or not, that was me being nicer when I criticize because I don't actually have anything against you, and would like to see you improve. If you read some of the things I've said to Ankoku and Zabazu you'll see how I am when I honestly am being mean. Or when I've flat out told D2L and Breakdown that their ideas sucked.

Perhaps instead of looking to come after me for pointing out the flaws in your character, you should take what I say into consideration and do something different. How many characters do you see wearing all black? Honestly, it gets boring after a while so why not do something different? I told you I like the idea of basing your character on a thief(you read that bit, right?) but I also told you that it shouldn't have all the powers that you've given it.

This isn't a fight as much as it's me telling you what's wrong with your character, and you not being able to take the fact that there's just so much to point out. If you're honestly offended then I apologize I suppose, but if that's not enough then I guess you can challenge me. I don't think I've ever gotten around to finishing a roleplay battle, though I suppose this is as good a time as any to start, don't you?

Learn to take criticism or you're not going to like the time you spend here very much. Just because something seems like a good idea to you doesn't mean that it's going to be well-received by others. Get used to it.

Look, I'll admit that I was in a bit of a bad mood when I posted that and I apologize for sounding offensive when I really wasn't. Now, on the clothes, yeah I was lazy on that part and was planning on changing that later but do you have to be so nitpicky? For me simple black clothing works.

Secondly, I didn't take offense from what you said and pretty much took everything at face value. I actually enjoy contructive criticism but its just plain offensive when people just point out things they don't like and then don't make any suggestions on how to fix them.

So I'll admit that I have quite a bit to work on with this character. The whole point of this battle was to start working on inproving it. I know you said that characters who are Gods have little potiential for growth and I agree but remember what I said about gods; they are just beings who have enough power to get people to worship them. So like for example the roman emperor in the past, you don't have to be a god to be treated like a god and worshiped as a god.

Eh, I'll probably either make him just a powerful theif and/or most likely explain in his bio on how he came to be worshiped. Like make his goal actual godship and not just being worshiped as a god. So if cyberseraph doesn't post by tonight I'll probably get this closed and go work on my character.

Edit: actually I'm going to go ahead and close this because justme3 is right I have a bit to work on for this character. Sorry cyberseraph, but if you want we could fight with my other character if thats what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back