• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas' comment during the Battle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

funnymanhaha1000

He was asking why Ansem chose Sora of all the Keyblade wielders to destroy the Organization. After Sora managed to evade many of Roxas' attacks, Roxas saw that Sora was stronger than he looked, which is why he then said, "I see. That's why.".

damn. i thought id seen the last of WHO DID HE PICK threads. Ansem the Wise chose Sora to destroy the Organization instead of Roxas. Probly because he hates nobodys that much. idk. but it

towerofpowerx

I have to disagree with the whole Roxas-meant-the-Keyblade thing, and here's why: why would Roxas be that torn up about if the Keyblade if he could still use them? I mean, he still has Oblivion and Oathkeeper to fight Sora with, so why should he care if Sora has the Kingdom Key or not? Why fight over something you don't need? I think he really was talking about AtW, and if you think back to their last meeting, AtW did explain why he needed Sora and not Roxas to fight Org. XIII, and of course we know how Roxas took that. We know for a fact that at the very end Roxas hated AtW for the whole situation ("choosing" Sora and forcing Roxas to merge with him) so it makes a lot more sense importance-wise for this to be the question Roxas has on his mind when he finally gets out: why Sora and not him?

kyblade24

"The World:R2", waiting to PK your ass...
The "HE" he was refering to was in fact Axel, you see Roxas became a loner cause Axel started chasing Sora, cause Roxas got boring....
Im totally kindding!
Ok Here's the truth...

Well aparently it was a mis-translation, PoH is right,
It was the keyblade.
The Japanese version actually translates to "Why were you chosen?"
Which makes a whole lot more sense.
You see, Roxas' ultimate goal whilst he was in the organisation was to find out why he had the keyblade. In finding out why HE had it he had to find out why his "other' had it.
You see Roxas learned that Sora was chosen by the keyblade because this is going to sound awful but Sora actually HAD friends, and true friends.
He had a heart.
Roxas was already appart of Sora, but it was sorta like a "Dying Wish"
Roxas finally got his answer.
So yeah the "HE" Roxas was refering to was the keyblade

He is correct. And I have to say that the fact that people ignored his post and continued to spam up this thread with your pathetic shells of Ideas is intolerable. Here is your answer: IT WAS A MIS-TRANSLATION!! IT HAS BEEN PROVEN!

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
I think that's what Roxas meant, that Sora was "chosen" because he has friends.
It's not because he has friends persay, but it's because his heart is that much stronger because he "Believes in you who believes in me" if I may partially quote the almighty Kamina.

First part; I agree, keyblade. To answer why it gets such anthropomorphism-like qualities would be theorizing, so just for the fun, I'd say that perhaps it is the embodiment of some character
Or it could be a mistranslation... those things happen relatively frequently and cause people like us to jump all over the place pulling crazy theories out of hats to explain it. Sea Salt's explanation makes much more sense.

I have to disagree with the whole Roxas-meant-the-Keyblade thing, and here's why: why would Roxas be that torn up about if the Keyblade if he could still use them?
Yes, because the question remains: Why can he use them? Being a nobody, he doesn't have a heart. Without a heart, one shouldn't be able to use a keyblade.

I'm inclined to agree with Sea Salt on this one. It makes more sense to me than anything else.

We know for a fact that at the very end Roxas hated AtW for the whole situation ("choosing" Sora and forcing Roxas to merge with him) so it makes a lot more sense importance-wise for this to be the question Roxas has on his mind when he finally gets out: why Sora and not him?
I'm pretty sure Roxas is intelligent enough to know that he himself is not a real person. He himself is not complete without Sora (in b4 yaoi)... You say he hated Ansem, but he can't hate anyone. He doesn't have a heart as far as we know. He's not mad, he can't BE mad. So he is merely asking why "he" chose Sora. If he's been investigating for the Org why he can use keyblades, it would make sense. He sees Sora as weak, and a pain because of what Sora's existence means to Roxas. Maybe he's just amazed that his original could be so wishy-washy :3

kyblade24

"The World:R2", waiting to PK your ass...
the reason that he can use the KK and O&O is because he is the Nobody of a Keyblade Weilder. that is the only reason that he can use them. If it was anybody else he would have become a Dusk. The reason he uses O&O is because they represent Sora's memories of Kairi (Oathkeeper) and Riku (Oblivion). He also uses the KK in 358/2 Days because he did not know about Riku and Kairi back then (Remember that this is between KH1 all the way to KH2) and breifly in KH2 (although it was a virtual one). so there you have it. sorry for being off topic.

blader94

he was talking about the keyblade because he was wondering why the keyblade chose him

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
So he is merely asking why "he" chose Sora. If he's been investigating for the Org why he can use keyblades, it would make sense. He sees Sora as weak, and a pain because of what Sora's existence means to Roxas. Maybe he's just amazed that his original could be so wishy-washy :3

Amen! ____________________

towerofpowerx

Ok, even if Roxas was investigating Keyblades for the Org. before, there's no way when Roxas fought Sora that it was over some "investigating Keyblades" thing from the Org., because at that point Roxas had already betrayed the Org. and by all outward appearances, didn't care about them anymore. Roxas was fighting to beat Sora. And about his intelligence and knowing he's not a real person, think back to what he yelled at AtW, and Riku in FM+: "My heart belongs to me!" & "I'm myself! I'm me!" Intelligence aside, Roxas definately thinks of himself as a genuine person, it's in the script. As for mis-translations, even if we go by the Japanese version "why were you chosen?", that translation could still just as easily mean AtW choosing Sora over Roxas than the Keyblade choosing Sora, it's not ironclad. And the whole not being able to use the Keyblade because he has no heart, we already know Roxas can use Keyblades, so that's moot, even without knowing that Xehanort's Heartless was able to wield a Keyblade in the very first game, and he definately didn't have a heart. Roxas cared a lot more about himself as a person and what that meant about him and his future than he did about the Keyblade. Watch the beginning through again. That much is crystal-clear, and also explains why that would matter to him during his fight with Sora, not the matter of the Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back