• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rules of Time Travel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Considering that time travel will likely be an important plot point in Kingdom Hearts III, it’s important to fully understand how it works in this series. I think I have a pretty good understanding of how it functions, but I thought you guys might fact check me.
1) The present is constantly moving forward.
2) The past contains the events that lead up to the present. The past is destined to always happen the way it originally played out.
3) The future doesn’t exist. One cannot look into the future or know the future because it has yet to be established.
4) In order to begin a time travel session you need to give up your body and be able to remain sentient as a heartless (or entity of the heart. Whatever).
5) Those who were once heartless but have regained their human forms can also time travel.
6) You may give up your ability to time travel and pass it on to another.
7) You may only bring a single copy of a past self into the present.
8) You may only travel to points in time where your past self is present.
9) You may not travel before the point of your birth or beyond the present.
10) You may interact with the past and the people within it, but upon the end of the time travel session all changes are reset. Because of this, the past cannot be manipulated or changed permanently.
11) You may bring people from the past to the present in order to manipulate the present. However, upon the end of the time travel session temporally displaced people will be sent back to the point they came from and have no recollection of what they did.
There are a few aspects of Xehanorts plot in DDD that confuse me and I want to make sure that I have a more complete understanding of how time travel works before I think to deeply about it.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
3) The future doesn’t exist. One cannot look into the future or know the future because it has yet to be established.
I think it's possible to travel to the future, it's just that the fact that you'd lose your memories in the end defeats the purpose of it having much plot relevance.

5) Those who were once heartless but have regained their human forms can also time travel.

Not quite. To regain your body is to become part of the flow of time again, to which time-traveling with bodies is only possible if you're YMX or someone that he brings along with him.

6) You may give up your ability to time travel and pass it on to another.
XH didn't give up his powers since it was stated that he reentered the flow of time when he possessed Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back