• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Say yes to piracy!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I felt like there was no point to it. One of the thing that a lot of people agree with is that in KH1, the plot's of each Disney world were twisted to incorporate Sora's journey. In KH2, it was the other way around. Sora was on a journey, but he just decided to help these random people who's problems had nothing to do with his own. So, it felt weird.

Yeah, they were looking for Riku and Mickey and they thought "Well, if we can't find Riku and Mickey, we should at least help those in need!" But still. That was the problem. It made sense, but it took away from the motivation. It felt like you were just in a Disney world because you were playing KH, not because you had a real reason to be there.

This, I could not agree more with this in any way. The way the worlds went from important to being nothing but filler since kh1 has always irked me.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I felt like there was no point to it. One of the thing that a lot of people agree with is that in KH1, the plot's of each Disney world were twisted to incorporate Sora's journey. In KH2, it was the other way around. Sora was on a journey, but he just decided to help these random people who's problems had nothing to do with his own. So, it felt weird.

Port Royale was not the only world plagued by that mishap in KH2. If anything, I think a return to PotC could really benefit the structure of the way worlds are used (at least its own world could benefit) because they could potentially connect it to the plot of KH what with Davy Jones' being controlled by the heartless while he is without his heart and perhaps Sora needs the Key to Return Hearts to restore Davy Jones' heart? Just a thought...

While the plots of Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End would fit with the KH series, I'd rather focus on a race between one of the Xehanorts and the pirate team to find the Fountain of Youth (where a potential clue to the location of the Key to Return Hearts may be, or where they think it is but it's not actually there like Kairi and Riku in Deep Jungle).

Thinking about it now, they don't even need to skip to the end. I mean, in the KH-verse, who's to say what came first. They could At Stranger Tides in KH3 and then go back to the Davy Jones plot in subsequent games. I know Will and Elizabeth would be missing in those subsequent stories but honestly, I don't think their role was all that important anyways in either Dead Man's Chest or At World's End and I think they could take them out of a KH world and just introduce Davy Jones, his crew, and the Kraken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back