• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth in BbS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statistic

I think BBS was better off without all these FF characters being included. It's like Nomura said, it'd just make things too difficult plot wise. And when things get complicated people begin to lose interest, simplify it and people will love it. Seems to me this was the case.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
yf7r4.jpg

don't you mean more vergil in bbs

I think KH has come to a point where it doesn't need so many FF cameos to draw in an audience when it has its own already.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
snrk assuming that the series has quality anymore.

I think we only have to look at Birth by Sleep's awful script to realise this. It was like Kingdom Hearts 2 with fantastic game-play elements. It was dumb and sometimes there was no reason for characters to do certain things they did. It was lonely and non-interactive. Yeah, the environments were nice but they were filled with Unversed and story-carrying cut-scenes and that's about it. Too big and spacious and empty. We shouldn't be sacrificing good, intricate plot for flashy graphics and impressive combos.

So, yeah. I'd say that Final Fantasy cameos really could use a good boost in number and in quality if it makes the story more intertwined and gives it some hidden depth. You don't even really need Disney characters any more, to be honest. The only reason Birth by Sleep had them was because it needed a context in which to happen and it needed to explain little bits about the Princesses of Heart in KH1.

I mean, did you ever leave a world and think, "Ah, that story was so great, not just another generic 'save the damsel and be on my way'"? I couldn't really give two shits about Cinderella's whining or Aurora's sleep and don't even mention Snow White. She was a completely different dimension of boring.

So, yeah.

I think it's been proved that the series is going down a long and boring route and it needs some freshness inserted. The only reason people hyped over Birth by Sleep was because it's considered a "main game". If people were genuinely impressed by the series - say, Kingdom Hearts 2's legacy - they'd be psyched over CODED/Re:coded and Days and all the other side games going on.

So, yeah. Whatever, I'm falling asleep.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Nomura said that originally he planned to put Cloud, Sephiroth, and Leon and the gang in BBS but thought it would be too many characters.

As far as Sephiroth goes in BBS, in the Japanese version the scene with Terra and Zack is a little different. Instead of Zack saying that Terra reminds him of "A" hero. In japanese Zack says Terra reminds him of "His" hero. Nomura latter confirmed that Zack's hero is Sephiroth in BBS.

As well the black wing that floated around Zack in the credits was also confirmed by Nomura to be Sephiroth's feather, not Genesis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yes I would have liked if Sephiroth and Cloud appeared along side Zack in BBS, that way we could have gotten their KH backstory resolved. And Leon and the gang could have been shown in the credits meeting Cloud for the first time or something.
but why i nevr understood that why woould sepheroth be his hero at that time

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
but why i nevr understood that why woould sepheroth be his hero at that time

It would've been easier just having Sephiroth as the hero instead of introducing more characters like Angeal or Genesis, I think is what it boils down to. Who knows, maybe this will turn up again in KH3? Also, BBS is obviously in the past, and this is probably before Sephiroth went batshit (assuming he's like he was in Crisis Core).

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Because he was gullible and he looked up to people who were strong. If he could let Hades manipulate him I'm sure Sephiroth's more tactical, sly approach could easily win him over.

Satoshi

For Zack's backstory Angeal or Genesis would have appealed to me more than Seph.
He's made my thumbs sore before, I wouldn't know what it would've done to my poor hands with a PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back