• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should parents be allowed to name their children ANYTHING they want?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
Yes parents have every right to name their kid any thing they want there is no law saying you can't. But I would feel sorry for the kids with weird names though. I find that movie stars pick weird names for there kids, movie stars are loony toons.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I first heard about this on the radio yesterday,

[CLICK HERE] JUDGE CONDEMNS BIZARRE NAMES

Some of the names are quite ridiculous. "Number 16 Bus Shelter" leaves nothing to the imagination about that child's conception....

There was another I heard, where the parents had twins and called them 'Benson' and 'Hedges', which is less bad, but still not quite sane.

Do you think parents have the right to call their child whatever they like? Considering that children can change their name by deed poll when they're old enough.

Or do you think that names ought to be approved before the child has to lead a life of perpetual embarrassment?

D I S C U S S
Sure, if they want to humilate their children for the rest of their lives.

that's all I have to say.
I'm just fortunate enough, well most of us are - to have normal names.

O

Oberon

There's nothing wrong with naming them any NAME you want. But naming them objects and just plain... made up things... I don't know, they should be prepared for the blow back. lul

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Yes I have a strange name. I wish it was weirder though. If people thought I was lying they'd stop asking if I was telling the truth.

Dexel

Beyond hope
I have no problem with parents naming their children what they wish. It's their freedom as parents to be able to name their children whatever they wish.

I would feel bad for some of the children, but as I said, it's the parent's freedom to name their children whatever they wish.

trini202

There was a prostitute who was legally named f*ck. However she was Vietnamese so it was Phuck. Still pretty shocking.

On a serious note, I agree with Dexel, they have the right but some parents should be knocked out cold when naming their child and another person should be brought in to do the job.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well yeah the parents got the right to choose whatever name they wish. Now Common sense should kick in and not name your child somethign outragous. I mean if i name my child some stupid ass name i would expect him to get beat up in the future. Its good to be orginal but orginality gets knocked out once it starts hitting stupidity.

Raun

but some parents dont really seem responsible if they name their kid Fifi Pixiedust. just hearing some of these names makes u think that they arent totally sane. yes parents have the power to do that but that doesnt mean that its right. just cuz u have the power to do watever u want with ur kid doesnt mean u always should.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I think Enchanted Rose has said pretty much everything I was going to. XD

Sooo...no, they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back