• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► So messed up

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionHeart14

I really wish I didn't have to resort to putting this on the forums.... But I've been a wreck for the past like month. I've been sitting here contemplating whether or not to click 'submit new thread' for about 20 minutes....

Okay... So I've been really stressed out because of this. I've talked to my mom about it, and that's helped, but I just need some other opinions.
First off, please don't bash my views on sexuality. It's my opinion and I'm just here because I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

So I come from a very Christian-conservative family. I think homosexuality's incredibly wrong.
But lately, I've been terrified of becoming gay. Idk what's wrong with me.
I dont think I'm actually gay, because most people discover that they're gay because they develop a crush on someone who's the same gender. I have never been attracted to a girl. I'm just afraid that I'm going to be attracted to one. And yet, I have a boyfriend. It's really confusing.

This all started about a year ago. My one friend came out to us and said she was bi. Of course that kinda freaked me out. I'm the type of person who over analyzes eeevvveeerrryyyttthhhiiinnnggg, so I had to sit there and think “what if I'm gay too?” and I started freaking out about it because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I eventually sorted my mind out and mostly forgot about it, then recently, I went to a sleep over, and my bi friend kept going on about how hot she thinks Alice Cullen from Twilight is. I didn't sleep at all that night (I never do at sleep overs) and so the next day I was pretty much delirious. I get weird when I'm exhausted, and I started thinking about the “what if I'm gay” thing again. And ever since I've been in constant panic.

When I was younger, I thought homosexuality was gross and extremely wrong (please, don't bash. I'm not here to bash. Just stating how I feel.) and I still think it's gross and wrong. And I've always had celebrity crushes and stuff, all on guys. I never even considered being gay until my friend came out. And I probably wouldn't have thought about it if she didn't come out.

I think there are a couple other reasons why I'm freaking out about this too. I was a tom boy when I was younger. I have an older brother who I get along with very well, and when we were young, we played all kinds of games together. I'd say i'm a lot girlier now, but I still like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and all that stuff commonly associated with boys. Because society's so jacked up and stupid today, if a boy likes anything girly or a girl likes anything boyish, it makes them gay. I have a friend (different friend) who really likes video games and listens to hardcore death metal music. She's straight, but she told me people think she's gay because of those reasons. I like video games and hardcore music too. Not death metal, but still pretty hardcore. Though I don't like video games as much as I used to.

I'll kinda map out my feelings for you. If I see a hot guy, I'll be like 'ooh he's hot' and stuff like that. Which is normal. If I see a pretty girl, I'll be like 'I'm not attracted to her am I?'. I'm afraid that if I keep thinking like this, I'll end up convincing myself that I'm attracted to girls against my will. Which doesn't really make sense o_O but they say that your sub-conscious mind believes whatever your conscious mind tells it, so I don't want to screw myself over.

It's worse because I don't have any desire to have sex. Well, I do a little bit, but not a lot. I mean, I'm only 15 and I made a vow not to have sex before marriage. If I think about sex, I'll occasionally get excited, but I don't get like... aroused I guess. I really like my boyfriend, but we've only gone on two dates and haven't kissed or anything yet. So I can't base it off that. Though I do like being with him way more than any of my friends. And there's definitely chemistry there. And every time I'm with him, I pretty much forget all about this.
I've already made up my mind that if I turn out gay, I would ignore the feelings and just be single my whole life. But I don't want to be single, I want to get married and have a family. Which really should prove that I'm straight, but I still can't stop doubting myself.

This has really been bothering me. I've lost sleep over it, I've cried a lot about it, and Idk what to do. I don't really want to see a counselor, because I don't need my whole family thinking I'm a nut case. Maybe I am just a nut case. That would actually give me some peace of mind, because I'll have an explanation for my anxiety. Of course, there've been other things I've freaked out about. Like, once I started freaking out because I thought I was becoming anorexic. Not even kidding lol. I don't even know where that one came from.

I'm not trying to attention whore or anything. I just really need to talk about this. After talking to my mom, I felt better, but for some reason it still bothers me. I wish this would go away, because I know it's not healthy. Not only am I messing up my mind, but I get stomach aches from this, and I'm sure my blood pressures not gonna be great either. I'm 15 years old and I'm falling apart o_O
I know a lot of you are gonna say “Does it matter?” well, it matters to me. I wouldn't be so upset about it if it didn't matter.
I think that's it. Sorry for the long post.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Thinking that another girl is attractive is natural, and it's not like finding someone good-looking instantly means that you would fuck them. If you are able to look at another girl, think 'hey, she's good looking', then it just shows that you are secure enough to be able to admit that they are aesthetically pleasing, and nothing more.

As for things like the video games, hardcore music, TLOR, and shit like that: don't worry about it. Before, there was this huge stigma with girls being into those things, but now you can definitely see a step forward in people's opinions; girls are just as likely as guys to like hardcore, and society is finally being okay with that.

Awards
You are either gay or you aren't. And from the sound of it, you're not. But let's say for the sake of fucking argument that it turns out that you do want to munch carpet -- what are you going to do about it? Why harbor such an intense fear for something you cannot change any more easily than you could change the color of your eyes? Are you prepared to find a way to live without hating yourself?

But you have an even greater problem, and that is that you are an idiot. And not because of your views on sexuality (okay, not JUST because of those views) but because you're making such an incredible fuss over something as trivial as your own exhibition of a few meaningless "symptoms" of homosexuality that are only based upon social fabrications.

A

Airship

Well I think what your problem is that you worry to much. If you were gay so what? Do you think your parents would react badly being that they are Christians? Whatever your sexuality is, your parents and friends should except you for you. Do you think if you were gay you would hate yourself because you find it wrong? I don't agree with what gays do but I do accept them because they are human beings also, just like you. I don't think you should stress about it to much, your young and at this time lots of people question their sexuality, it is normal. Just accept yourself and live your life without negative thoughts. I'm not a counselor or therapist but I hope what I said helped even in the smallest way.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It seems to me that all of this is, more or less, an overreaction to your friend's confession to being bisexual. If you are indeed homosexual, you would definately feel a much greater physical attraction to women than what you seem to be conveying; if anything, you're doing as Riel said you are, and simply noticing that somebody else is physically attractive. You shouldn't fuss and fantasize about things that aren't true, for if you were homosexual, you would have felt an attraction to girls and women far prior to this. If anything, your friend's confession stimulated your overactive imagination into making you question your sexuality; there isn't anything logical to worry about.

Plus, aside from a gigantic fuss from your parents and relatives which would eventually simmer down after a while, being gay or lesbian isn't anything that anyone should be ashamed of; it's a part of your body and yourself.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
the more comfortable you are with the same sex, the straighter you are

i've probably had more penises in my face than the lot of you but i am still straight i assure you

LionHeart14

It seems to me that all of this is, more or less, an overreaction to your friend's confession to being bisexual. If you are indeed homosexual, you would definately feel a much greater physical attraction to women than what you seem to be conveying; if anything, you're doing as Riel said you are, and simply noticing that somebody else is physically attractive. You shouldn't fuss and fantasize about things that aren't true, for if you were homosexual, you would have felt an attraction to girls and women far prior to this. If anything, your friend's confession stimulated your overactive imagination into making you question your sexuality; there isn't anything logical to worry about.

Plus, aside from a gigantic fuss from your parents and relatives which would eventually simmer down after a while, being gay or lesbian isn't anything that anyone should be ashamed of; it's a part of your body and yourself.

Thank you. That really helped. And it's not the fuss from family I was worrying about. My mom told me that even if I was a lesbian, they wouldn't love me any less. It's my own fear that's creating problems for myself.
But I think you're right.

Awards
I've been a wreck for the past like month.

I've been sitting here contemplating whether or not to click 'submit new thread' for about 20 minutes....

I didn't sleep at all that night

I'm freaking out about this.

This has really been bothering me. I've lost sleep over it, I've cried a lot about it

I wish this would go away, because I know it's not healthy. Not only am I messing up my mind, but I get stomach aches from this, and I'm sure my blood pressures not gonna be great either. I'm 15 years old and I'm falling apart o_O

For a person who doesn't want to come across as an attention whore...

Shade737

Silver Member
the more comfortable you are with the same sex, the straighter you are

i've probably had more penises in my face than the lot of you but i am still straight i assure you
Why would you have penises in your face?

LionHeart14

I think that was solved rather quickly. :lol:
You see, like I said, I think i have anxiety problems and I just need to learn how to deal with that so I don't drive myself to an early grave.
But I think it's time to close this thread. So, if a mod could please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back