• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora and Riku out of character?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I just played CoM again and I don't know about anyone else, but didn't Sora and Riku seem a bit out of character. I mean it was as if they switched brains or something. Sora acted like Riku did in KH1 and Riku acted like Sora did KH1. And I didn't like how Square handled this abrupt character mentality change. It was just too sudden. CoM is supposed to take place exactly after KH1, but at the beginning of CoM Sora acted nothing like he did at the end of KH1. Same goes for Riku in RR. In KH1 from beginning to end, Sora was this good hearted and very cheerful young hero then all of sudden in CoM, which like I said is supposed to be exactly after KH1's ending, Sora is this very angry, cocky, and somewhat of a badboy character. To be honest, I didn't like the change, not one single bit, he acted just like KH1 Riku. He was just so out of character, he even implied on killing the Queen of Hearts( that's totally not Sora). And I think he even told Ariel or Alice( I kind of forgot) to lie to their parents, which was another thing that made Sora out of character. Now let's get to Riku. In KH1, he was this dark, brooding, arrogant, and somewhat cocky character. He was like this majority of KH1 even when he wasmn't with the Heartless. But then right out of left field in CoM, he becomes this very cheery, happy-go-lucky, and kind hearted character. I didn't like this change either because Riku is not supposed to act like that. Sora is supposed act like that not Riku. I wouldn't have mind these changes if they happened near the end of CoM, but the problem here is they immediately at the beginning of CoM. So all in all, I think Square screwed up on their characterizations of Riku and Sora in CoM. Who else felt that Sora and Riku were out of character in CoM?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
1.The guys matured...They can change ya know<<
2.Riku wasnt THAT happy go lucky in RR
3.Sora wasnt that much of a bad boy...you are exagerating(sp?)
4.SE didnt screw up..after all..Sora was losing his memory and we never got to see Riku without his darkness for long

x-knight

yeh what elyric said i think its becuase of the namine changing memories of sora

riku changed his stile after learning of how horrilble his actions were ( the whole giving up everything for darkness thing ya know)

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
I agree - I'm thinking that Sora might have been a little too cocky or something. But comparing Riku in CoM to Riku on Destiny Islands (sans darkness in other words), they got it pretty spot on. Riku was quite cheerful. Thoughtful, by all means, but in no way brooding. Look at all the times he took the mickey out of Sora. XD

That sounds so weird when you're referring to Kingdom Hearts... *shrugs and prances off on a fat white pony*

Advent_Sora

sure they were a little different but then again sora's frigggin memories were being scwered around with and riku was being tangeled with the dark side (wow ive been watching a lot of star wars latley) so to be hohnest im not suprised if they changed a bit

Elyric

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
and to prove another thing Star Wars and Kh are sorta similiar, anyways not to get of topic thanks for agreeing with me

Sora wasn't naive when in CO he was just clueless and as for Riku he saw the errors of his ways

Yuffie~Kisaragi

Well...Sora was cocky (and sort of annoying) when it came to Namine. That's what messing up his memories did to him...-_- I got mad at him, every time he said, "We HAVE to go find Namine!!!". (Did anybody notice that Sora's vocabulary got bigger in CoM? He said this funky word somewhere, which I didn't expect to come spewing out of his mouth.)

Riku was just fine. He was realizing things about himself and how its okay to have mingled with the dark. It was inevitable that he would start looking on the bright side.

So, both of them have good reasons for changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back