• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora is just an opportunist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daixen

Hello people. Just a quick question... With the incoming release of BBS and the release of Days, it appears that we have forgoten Sora as a main character. Anyway... I don't understand why everyone says that Riku was the actual candidate for the Keyblade wielding... and Sora was just in the right place at the right time when Riku gave in to the darkness. That would make Sora an opportunist!! (of course he had a strong heart, we have to give him that credit).
I post here because this would change the whole story ahead, considering the importance (or no importance) of Sora as the main character an all his links with the remaining characters...
Maybe I missed something, just asking for someone to enlight me...

P/S: What if Sora wasn't there... could you imagine Goofy with the keyblade hehehe... or perhaps Pluto....

A

Audo

It was stated in Kingdom Hearts I that Riku was the original wielder of the Keyblade. Basically, on the night of the storm, Sora unknowingly stole it from Riku.

It isn't really to say that Sora wouldn't ever come to wield the Keyblade, it just means he originally wasn't intended to wield that Keyblade.

Daixen

Aaawww... mmm... interesting. Who stated in KH 1 that Riku was the original owner?

Prince Akio

I think it was also stated somewhere in the Jiminy journal that he was the original wielder of the keyblade. I'd have to double check on it though.

aweomeness96

RIKU was the original keyblade weilder, but on the night of the storm, riku surrendered into the darkness, so at that time, he wasnt really ready to weild it. Sora's dream was to ready him for the keyblade

A

Audo

I wonder if this will impact the story in a future game?
Or was when Riku gained control of the keyblade in Hollow Bastion already the effect of him being the original choice?
Yeah, that would be it....

αsiя

space coke
Hello people. Just a quick question... With the incoming release of BBS and the release of Days, it appears that we have forgoten Sora as a main character. Anyway... I don't understand why everyone says that Riku was the actual candidate for the Keyblade wielding... and Sora was just in the right place at the right time when Riku gave in to the darkness. That would make Sora an opportunist!! (of course he had a strong heart, we have to give him that credit).
I post here because this would change the whole story ahead, considering the importance (or no importance) of Sora as the main character an all his links with the remaining characters...

P/S: What if Sora wasn't there... could you imagine Goofy with the keyblade hehehe... or perhaps Pluto....

No ones forgot about Sora
Sora is in Days, BBS, and coded
They wouldnt shut up about him in Days
you get to play his data version in coded
and BBS we see him as a little kid
sure he's not the main character but Nomura said that Sora needed a break
He'll be back sooner or later

Sandslash

Like Riku said, Sora was just the "delivery boy". But I don't think Sora is an oportunist. The Keyblade chose Sora because he is special and I think he always had the qualities to wield a Keyblade. And he is also related to Ven, who was a wielder.

Kupo

Riku was the actual candidate for the Keyblade wielding... and Sora was just in the right place at the right time when Riku gave in to the darkness.

riku was still able to weild the keyblade, the keyblade can go to either darkness or light, remember triton said in kh1 "the keyblade can create chaos as well as bring order" (it goes along those lines

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
riku was still able to weild the keyblade, the keyblade can go to either darkness or light, remember triton said in kh1 "the keyblade can create chaos as well as bring order" (it goes along those lines

And Nomura later went on to confirm that. What matters the most is the strength of Heart. Hence why Riku could wield, even in KH1, even in KH2 when he was still in Xehanort's form (Duel Wielding to boot) - not because he lacked Darkness but because he ruled over it and not the other way around.
Riku didn't lose his mastery over the KK until Hollow Bastion - otherwise he wouldn't have been able to call it back twice until then.

Sandslash

It was a visitor from another world who cured my grief-stricken heart. A small king named "Mickey" carried the legendary key in his hand. Yes, it was the "Keyblade" which was said to have brought chaos and prosperity to the world a long time ago.
"Ansem Report"
(25 characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back