• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Calibur III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud@omnislash

Yeah if my man Mitsiruigi or however you spell it is on there and there's more than one or two special characters for each console this is going to be tight.
Let me know when it comes out.

Akemi

W00t! I just became a big fan of the Soul Calibur series (only #2 because I can't play #1 with a PS2 =\)
I think they did a good idea for putting in Custom Characters, because I love having characters that are unique for you =3.
BTW, on the Namco sight, doesn't the picture of the woman look like Lulu (from FFX) with a new set of clothes?

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
videogamegirl she does dosen't she She is one of the new ones. The three new ones are on top of the screen.. I like the one on the right... The lulu look alike has a umberalla that hides a sword... and Mitsurgi and Taki are back in it :D TAKI!!!! (sorry she is one of my faves..) Cassandra, Ivy and more had been confrimed but i read that on a blog and have not found that info myself yet but I saw a pic of Taki and Mitsurgi so i know they are in it.. And you get your own unique weapon for your custom chracter too!

Story:

The unholy sword was sealed by the destined one, but a mysterious individual revives the azure knight, Nightmare. The legendary battle of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge moves to the next phase. Which sword will ultimately prevail? What is the motivation of the three new souls who join the fray? And how will you, the player, become involved in the world of SOULCALIBUR?

Play as one of your favorite classic characters to follow how their fate unfolds in the Tales of Souls mode. Battle it out against your friends in the Vs. Standard mode. Create your own original character to play in the Character Creation mode. Rise in the ranks in the World Competition mode... Play it any way you want. Get ready for the latest installment of the most dramatic weapon-based fighting franchise on the PlayStation®2.

Features:

Customizable characters: Create your own character after you or the ideal warrior you've always wanted to be. Choose the sex, occupation, look and even a weapon for your own original character.

Your original character is the star: The Chronicles of the Sword mode allows your original customized character to play through a mode much like real-time simulation - you can see your own character in the battles that unfold.

3 Brand new characters! Zasalamel, Tira and Setsuka wield their specialty weapons to join the classic cast for a total of over 25 characters.
More stages than before: Battle it out in more stages than ever, from a castle in Germany to a shrine in Greece, or even at the top of a clock tower.

...and more! Get ready for the battles by training in the Practice mode; enjoy unique battles in Soul Arena mode; view the history of the franchise and everything you've unlocked in Museum mode - the variety of modes will keep you playing!

Seto

At Home, what are you stupid or something? :P
Website
s6.invisionfree.com
I'll be happy as long as Talim's in it. She's my fave character of all. I kick ass with her. I beat the game with just hear, dieing few times. I have learned a lot of her moves, so I hope that she's back, she better be! Lol, but the others are good, Taki is one of my faves too, and so is that Ninja guy, the one that's usally in robes, I forget his name.

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
I think Talim is being replaced with one new ones. They will have her fighting style kinda is what i read at that site that i found the namco site linked to it.. But i hope not i like fighting with Talim with the Soul Calibur weapons i Never die with her with those lol!

Seto

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
No!!!!!!!!!! They can't replace Talim, no no no. That's the worst thing they could do, C'mon, replace Rapheal, I mean he's just plain annoying, or Ivy, i really don't like her, or anyone else, just not her!! Lol, ok, now I'm freaking otu, but that's the worst thing they could ever do, I liked her fighting style and her quotes.

P

Perfection

I sure do hope they have console only characters like last time. Some ideas for them are....
Gamecube- Gannondorf
Playstation 2- Possibly Dante from Devil May Cry or mabye Cloud who knows as long as it's not Heihatchi
Xbox- I guess it could be anyone's guess.... mabye uh.... Batman...

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Gamecube I would like to see Zelda/Sheik
Playstation/2 SEPHORITH!!!
Xbox- Ninja Gaiden dude

I think he said if Talim was replace that someone replacing her will have her fighting style or that they was adding some one with her style of fighting.. I liked Ivy. If they want to drop some drop Chrade i hate him... and Raphel was a goood choose to drop too.. I didn't like Nightmare but i think he is in this one too..

Seto

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
Lol, duh, Nightmare has to been in this, he's the main evil guy, and this part hints towards this, it's from the storyline thing, "The unholy sword was sealed by the destined one, but a mysterious individual revives the azure knight, Nightmare." Yeh, drop Chrade, Rapheal, either Sophitia or her sis, and Ivy, those are really the only ones.

Hmm, For Game Cube: Sheik
Playstation2: Dante
XBox: Don't have one, so I don't know any characters excvept some from Halo, and I don't think MC (Master Cheif) would be too great, coming in their with his Assult Riffle and Plasma Pistols, lol.

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
lol Yeah that is a good hint.. I like Sophitha and Cassandara even tho they had the same attacks barely changed.. Hmmm I took it that Nightmare had two sides Nightmare is like the demon form and Nightmar in a human form was called Siegfried in SC1.. I would not miss the girl that name started with X either...

P

Perfection

If Cassandra and Sophitia has similar moves I dont see there being a problem with like Cassandra being an alternate costume for Sophitia. But then again I'm not really a die hard fan.

Seto

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
Nah, I liked her more than Cassandra and Sophitia, ah, I remember that one guys name now, Assassin, he was good. oh, drop the weird skeleton-like guy, I didn't like him much, and please, no heihatchi, he was my least fave of them, Spawn was my fave, I've played all three Soul Calibur 2's, and used all special charaters.

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Out of the three specials Heihatchi was the wrost IMO. Oh and I would not mind Eliwood or Roy for the Gamecube version.. I just want Taki and Ivy in it that is all mainly those two and I am fine.. and I wonder if Inferno is going to be playable this time...

Rhenao

in the bookstore, reading manga I'm too poor to bu
Yeah, I read about this a while ago on ign. According to them, it's only going to be for PS2! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! The sales for Gamecube were the most, so Namco must be crazy. Man, I really hope ign is wrong... I don't have a PS2, and I lurve SCII. ;_;
Here's the article.

My favorite character is Link, even though I'm better at fighting with Talim.

cloud@omnislash

I'm not sure but I think yun-sung, nightmare, and Takim are in it.
I saw them fighting in the little Game Informer magazine.
They were talking about it rivaling Tekken and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back