• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Southern Peoples

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khchick

Yes..I am from the south, and people always make fun of my accent.
I was wondering....what do ya'll think? I mean, people always have jokes about us bein' rednecks and stuff like that....Do ya'll do that, or are you against it?

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Think about it though, we're probably smarter. People mock smart persons because they're jealous. It's cheap jokes though, think about those that make fun of people from texas, or any place like that. They're usually morons and that's the best they have.

All my life in Texas and I have NEVER met someone who is a cowboy-like character. No big belt buckles or shit like that. It's just cheap jokes, that's all.

I don't think this really belongs in debate though. Just saying.

Sailor Moon

FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT
im from kentucky so yea im use to it and plus it makes us different

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Yes...we prob. are smarter...
LOL! You are so retarded, ahahah oh god. If you were smart, you'd understand that they're just cheap jokes and just play along. I'm asian, everyone jokes about me having to be good at math. Do I ask why they keep joking about it? No. Cuz I'm not retarded.

And about this South thing, there's no real difference. It just used to be like that to some extent, but now the world is extremely diverse and multicultural so there's no one you see like that anymore. It's just a joke, always has been, always will be.

Shadukai X

Banned
Yes..I am from the south, and people always make fun of my accent.
I was wondering....what do ya'll think? I mean, people always have jokes about us bein' rednecks and stuff like that....Do ya'll do that, or are you against it?
Taking the time to put an apostrophie on that bolded word only proves that you're trying too hard to give the impression of you having an accent, let alone Southern

Sailor Moon

i laugh at the jokes and im southern and i even sometimes make some myself

Sailor Moon

i actually like who we talk i think we sound cool i think southern sounds better than when you say words all proper like

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Well I'm Southern.

I don't believe I type like a southerner.

I do have an accent in person.

I don't mind most Southern jokes, so long as they aren't too offensive. I despise when someone thinks almost everyone in Kansas or Oklahoma lives on farms.

Sailor Moon

when i talk dont add the L to words like school,cool,pool and stuff like that

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
There just mad because we have sexy accents and they dont.

I dont mind the jokes, but I just hate it when people call you a racist because you live south..

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
So what? They have an accent... but it's charming. Besides, most great writers are from the south. Ai~a, have you HEARD a person from New York talk? Now THAT'S irritating.

All of my family is from the south. And most of them are crazy-arse hics. But I still luffle them.

Oh, and most "southern" jokes are made by red-necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back