• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speed improving help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
Well my Youtube video loading speed is pathetic. it takes too much time to load a video. any body know how i can improve up my speed.

Kyo

Get better service.

Do you have DSL, dial up, cable or wireless?

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
Well, several things could be doing this.

1:Like kyo said, your internet connection. Cable and Wireless(close to the computer) are the best connections for Youtube.

2:Your computer could be bogged down by a lot of spyware. Download spybot search and destroy and tell it to search and destroy.

3:Your harddrive has too many things on it. how much RAM do you have left? delete any unused programs

T

The Marauder

Well, several things could be doing this.

1:Like kyo said, your internet connection. Cable and Wireless(close to the computer) are the best connections for Youtube.

2:Your computer could be bogged down by a lot of spyware. Download spybot search and destroy and tell it to search and destroy.

3:Your harddrive has too many things on it. how much RAM do you have left? delete any unused programs

Of those three, the advice gets worse as you progress through them. Please know what you're talking about when posting help here ms...

Anyway does your computer run slow as a whole? If not, then it is a connection problem. Get cable internet or DSL if cable is unavailable. Wireless networking is not a speed level, though a wired connection is always faster than a wireless one on the same router. If the computer is slow as a whole, your hardware is the problem and you should consider an upgrade. This may not be feasible for you, and you should not upgrade just to speed up Youtube uploads. XD

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
as someone who uses optus cable internet, theres a 4th option apart from the 3 mastersephiroth mentioned, your isp . From 3pm-5am the speed on international sites crawls and they admit its from their end (i can't recall the reason, but check sites like whirlpool internet forums and theres 50 page topics complaining about it)

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Unfortunately, there isn't any way to 'speed' up your loading with dial up.

And don't give me that '5x dialup' crap either.
It's a load of crap..
(I've had people argue this crap with me before..)
It just won't help you at all, fyi. Your ONLY option is to get broadband internet.

'5x dialup' basically caches the websites you visit most on the server that you dial-in to connect to the internet, so you don't actually visit 'google' if you have been to that site alot. It also means that old copies are sent to you, sometimes. (Because they give you whatever has been cached most recently, which is sometimes old data.) This will only work for websites, really. It won't affect download speed, which includes things like Youtube, Yahoo Music & AoL Music loads. Depending on where you live, you could probably get broadband cheaper than your dialup..

Checkout: http://broadbandreports.com which is a sister site to http://dslreports.com You should start your search for better internet access there. You can find alot of useful information about what types of internet connections are available to you in your area, and a rough 'idea' of the prices as well as consumer reports & opinions of internet companies.

You can also perform speedtests at both sites.

~~Azurith

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I have dial up and I know that it sucks, right now we're waiting for WildBlue to come and install at our house. . .so yeah. . .soon I'll be getting faster internet and hopefully xbl. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back