• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix licensed Unreal Engine 3 for a few next-gen titles.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
See for yourself....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

As you may have read, they will still use the White Engine for some of their next-gen games, but they have also licensed the Unreal Engine for some of their other projects. If this is not important, or most of you have already seen this, don't come in here and say :" Lolz. This is so old." Or something like that...I just found this interesting, that's all.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Everyone licenses the unreal engine. EVERYONE. Most people take it and change it in some mild ways, and then call it something else.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Everyone licenses the unreal engine. EVERYONE. Most people take it and change it in some mild ways, and then call it something else.

It makes the Unreal Engine feel less....'unique' if every game uses it. There's about ten more titles coming out being used with the UE3(Unreal Engine). At least SE is making there own engine for something. But whatever..

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
It makes the Unreal Engine feel less....'unique' if every game uses it. There's about ten more titles coming out being used with the UE3(Unreal Engine). At least SE is making there own engine for something. But whatever..

Just more more money for Epic. and the Unreal Engine is the best of the best. Don't give you're hopes. Square said they're having major problems with the White Engine. So they not use it after FFXIII.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Just more more money for Epic. and the Unreal Engine is the best of the best. Don't give you're hopes. Square said they're having major problems with the White Engine. So they not use it after FFXIII.

Erroneous reporting.

Square-Enix is still using the White Engine for Final Fantasy XIII.

Source of the confusion: http://rpgfan.com/news/2007/1068.html

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
The problem is with the Engine.

Don't take up with me, take up with Square. There the ones said it and I don't think there just going to stop working on FFXIII now and put it on a new engine. If they did that they would lose money.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I think Sham's point is that just because they are having a few problems, doesn't mean they are just going to give up with the entire thing.

It's a new engine, of course there are problems. Nothing works the first time around. For them to dump all that time, money and resources into the engine, and then just throw it away after only using it a couple times is completely pointless.

Oh, and also, Wiki isn't really a reliable source for this sort of info, IMO. Anybody can edit that page with anything they like.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Note I said after FFXIII. They wont use it
Dude, stop ranting with your lies... it's very confusing for people...

Square-Enix officially stated that they will make use of the White Engine after FFXIII. Eat it.

Square said they was having problems with iit. Fact

So pretty much, FFXIII is the last time they will use the WE.
What kind of argumentation and strange ideas do you use?!! "Oh my God, its so hard to make a totally new engine, lets just make use of all the sweat and blood we put into it for one time only, and then use a different engine. We just throw away our work..."

If that's the way you see it... LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back