• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► STD testing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabello

In less than 8 hours I should go take an STD test as a precaution. At first I was really quite ok with this, but as the situation gets closer, I noticed myself getting more nervous about it. As I'm quite sure I'm clean (I've had no symptoms) this was a surprising turn of emotions. Am I afraid of the actual test or am I afraid of them finding something? I really don't know.

And yes, there is a slight chance of them finding something (if there wasn't, I wouldn't take one, right?).

This is where my usually pretty logical self fails me. If there's a slight chance, why am I so nervous about the test? Why don't I want to take it? It's not like by not taking it, my body would suddenly get cured of this dilemma. And if I do have something, it's better for me to know about it as soon as possible to take responsibility from my actions and work accordingly from there on forth. It could be that my subconscious is trying to tell myself that as long as I don't know the results everything is fine, as a coping method.

So what I'm asking here is that how would you deal with the situation? I would assume that waiting for the results is the longest week of your life, or am I right?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's a common psychological phenomenon. If you don't know it's there, you can ignore it; while if something is found, you have to deal with it. The phrase "ignorance is bliss" fits here. I say just go through with it and take the results. As you said, if you have something, then you do; and there isn't any getting around it.

Also, yes, I would think that the anxiety during that week would be pretty high.

Last edited:

Rabello

I say just go through with it and take the results.

Not even thinking of not taking it. I'm sure I will, but what I find intriguing is the amount of emotions I'm showing and not prepairing myself for them.

And what I don't like about this is that I've been able to rationalize this all to myself, and yet I feel these. This means I don't have complete control over these feelings of anxiety and they might get the best of me.

How would you prepair yourself for these?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Not even thinking of not taking it. I'm sure I will, but what I find intriguing is the amount of emotions I'm showing and not prepairing myself for them.

And what I don't like about this is that I've been able to rationalize this all to myself, and yet I feel these. This means I don't have complete control over these feelings of anxiety and they might get the best of me.

How would you prepair yourself for these?

You can't escape your emotions very easily, and you shouldn't expect to. The only thing you could do is just realize that there isn't a point in worrying about them because it doesn't affect the results. You should do things that take your mind off it.

Rabello

enjoy having a stick shoved up your dick hole

Jealous much? I'm getting my dick stuffed with a spike that's as big as a mexican burito.

Also, would this work as a pickup line? "Hai, I just had an STD test." <-- shows the ladies that I CARE enough to not make them sick.

Rabello

It's natural to be nervous.
Though uh, no symptoms doesn't really make a difference, considering how many STDs are in people without them knowing.

Yes they do. About the average of symptoms varies from 50-70%, so if I don't have any symptoms, that means I have 50-70% chance of not having anything. Now I've only had sex with one person without a condom and that raises my chances. She was quite young (the same age than me) so even her sexual activity was something like 3 guys before me, from which apparently she told me I was the first to have sex with her without a condom.

When you take all that into account, it really does mean there's a very small of me dying from aids that I got from her.

But the problem with her is that how far can I trust her...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back