• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

steam boat willie?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorixed

Dattebayo!
It's mickey's first cartoon concerning it's a black and white cartoon with mickey and pete on it i had a game of it it was old.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Why? There's nothing wrong with this. o.o

Steamboat Willie is the first disney cartoon with Mickey Mouse!

sinharvest_angel

because there is like 6 threads about this, it was new 2 days ago, but in the end of that day it became old since it was referenced way to much (i mean thin about this the day it was released it became old, (partially because n00bs kept on posting it), u dont have to close this its just now that he knows why keep it, and yes i know that that was the first cartoon!! =) oh and there is absolutly nothing wrong with this thread seeing as how the auther just wanted to see the pic, but now that he's seen it, well why keep it?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I have a question (A valid one I might add)

In the IMDB thing it said the following:

Before the copyright for "Steamboat Willie" expired in 1998, Disney lobbied the US Congress successfully for an extension of copyright protection by twenty years. Because of this law, "Steamboat Willie" will not enter the public domain until 2018.

If this is true, then that means that SBW shouldn't allowed to be in a game either! It's not allowed to enter a public domain till 2018, when it's copyright protection where's off, which leads to question, If SBW is not allowed in a public domain, how did Square get the rights to put it in a video game, one that will enter millions of homes everywhere?

iholdthekeys

thatz the dumbest thing i ever heard
congress is always passing dumb laws nowadays

like for instance........... i heard this on tv
u can't harpoon a whale from your car in california

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL TRY TO HARPOON A WHALE FROM THEIR CAR?!?!?!

kumagaro

...i have the urge to harpoon a whale now...that aside imbd is int correct like 60% of the time

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
Themuffinman said:
If this is true, then that means that SBW shouldn't allowed to be in a game either! It's not allowed to enter a public domain till 2018, when it's copyright protection where's off, which leads to question, If SBW is not allowed in a public domain, how did Square get the rights to put it in a video game, one that will enter millions of homes everywhere?
I think they mean they won't show the actual Steamboat Willie outside Disney theme parks. I mean have you ever seen Steamboat Willie on TV? I saw Mickey in his Steamboat Willie costume (and in black and white to) a couple times in The House of Mouse but thats not the actual cartoon. The only time I saw the ENTIRE Steamboat Willie cartoon was in Disneyworld, they show it on a big screen along with their first color cartoon.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Steam boat willie is the undisputed birth of the Mickster.Black and White and saw all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back